Who would be President right now if Trump had never entered politics?

i started thinking about it, and it seems like since JFK, the more charismatic candidate has won most of the time
probably a huge part why clinton defeated Bush Sr despite the affair coming up and admitting to smoking (first candidate ever IIRC). Dole was old and boring.
Reagan, former actor, bodied both Mondale and Carter and why W won, gore had zero charisma
why he was reelected, Kerry was atrocious
Obama clearly had more charm than McCain and Palin, Romney as well
Trump has more gravitas than charisma, but he has it in spades over Hilary

the rest of the GOP candidates this year were bland, i'm not sure who would've risen from that pool. Rubio maybe. It's the main reason why i think the left should get someone like Gavin Newsome after he runs for Cali Governor to run. If trudeau's dumbass can win Canada, the exponentially more intelligent Newsome can win the US

8 years of a Democrat in a two-party system means a Republican was most likely to win.

The people that just try to break down and analyze the candidates individually don't know what they're talking about.

alex-jones-696x394.png

i started thinking about it, and it seems like since JFK, the more charismatic candidate has won most of the time
probably a huge part why clinton defeated Bush Sr despite the affair coming up and admitting to smoking (first candidate ever IIRC). Dole was old and boring.
Reagan, former actor, bodied both Mondale and Carter and why W won, gore had zero charisma
why he was reelected, Kerry was atrocious
Obama clearly had more charm than McCain and Palin, Romney as well
Trump has more gravitas than charisma, but he has it in spades over Hilary

the rest of the GOP candidates this year were bland, i'm not sure who would've risen from that pool. Rubio maybe. It's the main reason why i think the left should get someone like Gavin Newsome after he runs for Cali Governor to run. If trudeau's dumbass can win Canada, the exponentially more intelligent Newsome can win the US

Rubio just seemed like a dork that read a David DeAngelo book on how to be cool

If Hillary wouldn't have screwed him over maybe Sanders. I think he had a good shot with a big following there for a bit.

Rubio just seemed like a dork that read a David DeAngelo book on how to be cool
I think they wouldve pushed him or jeb to get more of the hispanic vote

Cruz was too smug and just weird

Rubio and Carson as VP would've destroyed Hillary.

Cruz reminds me of Martin Shkreli. He just looks like a smug prick.

For that simple reason, I don't think Cruz would have won.

Hilary is a neocon who gives lip service to social justice issues. My position is people (rightly) felt they were under attack by an increasingly aggressive left wing. Trump got elected by making emotional appeals (like all politicians do). His message resonated in part because the leftist message confirmed people's fears.

Around May 2016 I commented on a Yahoo POTUS comment section " enough Boomer RINO McCain- Kasich- Romney option. We need Politically conservative scorched earth warriors. The left has gotten too saucy." Someone commented " Trumps your man". Me -" psss no. Hes okay but no." I think that was a prophetic utterance lol. Imagine. What a pleasant surprise. My good friend was supporting Trump by April of last year. I still kid him about it

Seeing how easily Trump crushed all of his Republican opponents in the primaries, I think Hillary would be president.

I think they wouldve pushed him or jeb to get more of the hispanic vote

Cruz was too smug and just weird

Pushing to get more of the Hispanic vote would have cost some of the uneducated white vote, which was the difference maker.

Clinton was a fucking disgusting candidate, but she would've done better against the other Republican clowns that she did against Trump. Why? Rubio, Cruz, etc were corporate just like Clinton. I say Clinton wins. If not her, maaaaaaaaybe Rubio. Not sure about that though. I'd go with Clinton if I had to bet.

Pushing to get more of the Hispanic vote would have cost some of the uneducated white vote, which was the difference maker.
Depends on what, and where it was said IMO. Lip service, and actually trying to help a certain constituency, are not the same. Depends on how many see through that..

I agree with your assertion though, i dont think any GOP candidate but trump wouldve won so i think it wouldve been a moot effort

Kasich and Lil Marco wouldn't have won the primary. Kasich is basically a democrat who just runs as a republican for some reason, which is why he's the one democrats were trying to convince electors to vote for in one of their early tantrums while trying to find a way around the electoral vote. Kasich is also a major contributing factor for why Trump was the nominee for not pulling out when it was clear he had no chance.

The republican nominee would have been Cruz, and then the coverage would have been calling him the racist and nazi. I don't think Cruz would have swung as many voters and Hillary probably would have won and the media would go back to sleep for another 8 years.

Do Democrats defund Planned Parenthood?

Jeb wouldn't have gotten destroyed in the primaries if Trump wasn't there. I think the Hilldawg would have beaten Jeb in the election.

Cruz would have won the primaries then I think beaten Hillary worse than Trump did via being less inflammatory, having a tighter grip on the religious vote and being hispanic. 97.475% confident.

Cruz would have gotten smashed in the general. Trump has charisma, likability, centrist social policies (not being alarmingly anti-sex, anti-LBGTQ, etc.) and rode the populist anti-establishment surge. Cruz is doomed by being the exact opposite on all those fronts: a pompous, unlikable, and ugly-as-sin establishment politician with social views that are becoming increasingly viewed as abhorrent.

Rubio, however, would have absolutely crushed Clinton and even Sanders in the general. But the GOP primary would be difficult for him. If I were to pick a favorite to win a Trump-less GOP primary, I agree that Cruz would be the best bet. Cruz's 2016 primary campaign was brilliantly ran to be sure.

Whoever Hillary chose the media to give attention to on the Republican side to win the nomination.

My left testicle could have beaten Hillary in the 2016 election

Back