Who would have been most suitable for MMA?

Lomachenko hands down. Great wrestling, excellent footwork and the best boxer on the planet.

Kermit Cintron

Cintrón found wrestling and boxing to be an outlet from his personal troubles, so he started spending more and more of his time practicing those sports. While attending William Tennent High School in Warminster, Pennsylvania, he became an accomplished high-school wrestler on the same team as actor Mike Vogel. After competing at William Tennent, Cintron wrestled at Thaddeus Stevens College of Technology a Junior College in Lancaster, Pennsylvania.

In April 2007, Floyd Mayweather, Jr. publicly claimed that any boxer could make the transition into mixed martial arts and win. In response, Ultimate Fighting Championship's president, Dana White, issued him a challenge to fight the promotion's lightweight champion, Sean Sherk. Mayweather later said that he did not wish to compete in the discipline. However, Cintrón stated that he was willing to fight Sherk in his place.[3] "I want the fight," said Cintrón, who was 27-1 with 25 KOs. "I can wrestle. I can box. I can beat those UFC fighters at their own game. Tell Mr. White to make me an offer and I'll take on his guy...."[3]

Seven years later, Mike Sloan of Sherdog argued that "If Cintron [sic] would have had the opportunity to compete in MMA when he first got into boxing, he would have torn most of the lower weight divisions asunder" and "would have been a top contender in MMA."[4]Sloan argued that his wrestling background and "ferocious banging style" represented "a dynamic combination that would have given MMA contenders all sorts of trouble" had he completed the transition in his prime.[4]

Lomachenko/Gassiev. Both of them had a wrestling background.

This.

Can you imagine a young prime Foreman with a few years of MMA training under his belt (4 oz gloves!!)

He would've been killing people. Plus he was only around 218 so he could've been double champ

That guy Floyd fought last year would probably do pretty well.
Needs cardio work though

Usyk wrestled, trained Karate, and allegedly was a street fighter in his youth. BoxNation published a piece on him in late 2016 that I came across recently. He was a successful soccer (“football”) player in particular before taking up boxing at age 15.
Usyk’s story started in the city of Simferopol – annexed by the Russian militia as part of the Crimean conflict in 2014 – and his combative instincts were initially satisfied through karate, wrestling and regular rumbles on the unforgiving local streets.
Introducing Oleksandr Usyk - the Cruiserweight Lomachenko?

Last edited:
I know Regis Prograis is training Bjj right now.

First thoughts are Loma but I'm trying to think of someone with outstanding movement and control of their entire body.

This will bring me shit. But I think prince naseem hamed.

Edit; that's before the spiralling out of control ego

Chris Algieri. Got a better chin than Malignaggi too. I think Brian Vera seems to be the build perfect for MMA. Also Mike Alvarado IMHO could've made noise for himself in the UFC

Vitali maybe, could check leg kicks. Iron chin, if he could learn TDD like cro cop did he'd be unstopable. That's still a huge task for peanuts though

Back