Who would turn down the opportunities Conor had and instead defend a title?

sure! Hopefully you will finish Reading Comprehension 101 by then

My reading comprehension is just fine. It made me clearly understand, from your post, that you're full of it because you're infantile.

Now you DO believe that you'll refuse hundreds of million bucks so you can be like any other fighter (who would accept Floyd fight had they had an opportunity, instead of defending)
You think like that, because as a lonely teenager, your only obligation is doing your HW. And the only career opportunity is not get kicked in the schoolyard by bullies.
That'll pass.

UFC shot itself in the foot for short term gain and is going to suffer for it.

How exactly do they "suffer"?

Conor is pretty much the only guy who brought them a valuable revenue @2017, and they even did not need to create an event around him.

Now you DO believe that you'll refuse hundreds of million bucks so you can be like any other fighter (who would accept Floyd fight had they had an opportunity, instead of defending)
You think like that, because as a lonely teenager, your only obligation is doing your HW. And the only career opportunity is not get kicked in the schoolyard by bullies.
That'll pass.[/QUOTE]

My original post was sarcastic. It doesnt matter if Conor fights Floyd for money or defends his belt because people will still find a way to hate. Thats why I posted about GSP, Silva, and MM..all GOAT champs that defended multiple(record breaking) times but still get hate anyways. You didnt comprehend that I was saying take the $$$.

You're also probably drunk! Go to bed.

How exactly do they "suffer"?

Conor is pretty much the only guy who brought them a valuable revenue @2017, and they even did not need to create an event around him.
1) Conor now calls the shots. He can hold belts hostage, not fight for months (he's financially set now) or just jump ship entirely to boxing, or whatever, at his whim
2) Other fighters have taken his example (see above for why that is bad)

All your eggs being in one basket is not a sound business strategy.

Even knowing that if you lost in your title defense, then those other two options wouldn't be possible anymore?

If I thought I would lose, I wouldn't be calling myself the champ. So yes.

If I thought I would lose, I wouldn't be calling myself the champ. So yes.

I'm not talking about thinking you will lose, I'm talking about accepeting the possibility. You can still think that you're gonna win while accepting that you coud lose.

You know his path to fw title was no easier than any of Aldo's other contenders.
You realize that, when Conor was scheduled to fight for the title, he only had one top 10 win in his career, right? That was against Poirier, who was ranked at #8 by Sherdog at the time. Not exactly an overwhelming resume for a title shot.

But even if you think his path was more difficult than Aldo's, that's a faulty comparison. When Aldo became champ in 2009, the division was much thinner than it was when Conor became champ. The landscape was very different.

Ultimately, my point is that the UFC cherry-picked opponents for Conor to a title shot. In a division full of good wrestlers, they never actually scheduled him for a fight against a wrestler. It was obvious and everyone knew what was going on. Conor is a savant striker, and they favorably matched him up against all strikers. In fact, he still hasn't been scheduled against a single high level wrestler (Mendes taking a fight on 2 weeks notice doesn't qualify for what we're talking about).

You realize that, when Conor was scheduled to fight for the title, he only had one top 10 win in his career, right? That was against Poirier, who was ranked at #8 by Sherdog at the time. Not exactly an overwhelming resume for a title shot.

But even if you think his path was more difficult than Aldo's, that's a faulty comparison. When Aldo became champ in 2009, the division was much thinner than it was when Conor became champ. The landscape was very different.

Ultimately, my point is that the UFC cherry-picked opponents for Conor to a title shot. In a division full of good wrestlers, they never actually scheduled him for a fight against a wrestler. It was obvious and everyone knew what was going on. Conor is a savant striker, and they favorably matched him up against all strikers. In fact, he still hasn't been scheduled against a single high level wrestler (Mendes taking a fight on 2 weeks notice doesn't qualify for what we're talking about).
Again he had no more favorable path than other guys who got title shots against Aldo. You didn't address that at all.

Again he had no more favorable path than other guys who got title shots against Aldo. You didn't address that at all.

And he probably won't address it. From what I've seen the haters just cherry pick points to fit their narrative while completely ignoring the other side.

You know his path to fw title was no easier than any of Aldo's other contenders.
I actually misread your post. I thought you were comparing Conor's path to a title shot to Aldo's path to a title shot. My apologies. Can you be more specific in terms of which contenders you're thinking of?

I actually misread your post. I thought you were comparing Conor's path to a title shot to Aldo's path to a title shot. My apologies. Can you be more specific in terms of which contenders you're thinking of?
How about all of them? Do you care enough to look or only want to get mad about Conor?

I've never thought it was him behind all of that....it's obviously the UFC trying their new promotion style.

The fact is Conor created other opportunities vs defending not accepted opportunities offered.

That said, Conor has done well, I’ve enjoyed all the fights and it doesn’t effect me negatively if he continues not to defend.
Yes & lets not forget those times that Brazilians were scared to fight Conor for a title. They wasted valuable time that could've been used to defend

The fact is Conor created other opportunities vs defending not accepted opportunities offered.

That said, Conor has done well, I’ve enjoyed all the fights and it doesn’t effect me negatively if he continues not to defend.
Opportunities have to created. If they just dropped out of the sky everyone would be getting paid tens of millions of $.

Nobody would. Not a single fighter trolling him for red panty night... & not a single one of the Sherdog resistance would turn down 100 mill for Mayweather.... & likely would've used their power to get a 2nd Nate fight as well.

People need to get real about how this all went down & just be patient. All signs point to a Conor title defense next.

Yes & lets not forget those times that Brazilians were scared to fight Conor for a title. They wasted valuable time that could've been used to defend
Not really because chad and Nate filled in. There has never been an offered title defense by Conor.

Opportunities have to created. If they just dropped out of the sky everyone would be getting paid tens of millions of $.
True, just saying he wasn’t offered such opportunities he took initiative rather than defending and it paid off.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ruckus245
Back