Who would you favor over a prime Tyson?

Vitali maybe. He easily gets in and puts Wlad down within two rounds.

Hed treat Foreman like a punching bag also. There isnt a worse matchup for George and I say that as a homer of his.
Wlad is think its 50/50...because of his jab.
Cuss told him he couldn't be a fighter like Foreman...thinking Foreman was retired and never to fight again...

Wlad is think its 50/50...because of his jab.
Cuss told him he couldn't be a fighter like Foreman...thinking Foreman was retired and never to fight again...
Ive heard that before. Ive also heard Foreman say he was slightly affraid of Tyson as well.

But all that mind game stuff aside I think Tysons speed, output, and relentlessness overwhelms Foreman rather easily. Ref stoppage early. Foreman is too slow to get through Tysons defensive moment and even then Tyson has a brick head and can take a ridiculous beating himself.

Tyson at his best was the apex predator of boxing. He wiped his ass with damn near the whole division, became too big for his own good, stopped fighting the way that got him there, lost to Buster, then still was a factor in the division for years just being a bored unfocused, undisciplined version of himself.

Had he fought Holyfield/Lewis/Bowe/Louis/Ali/Liston around the time he was making Berbick fall all over the ring, Bonecrusher hug for dear life, and Spinks look like he just ran into a steamroller, those fights would have been Tyson's finest hours because he could have handled anything thrown at him by any of them at that time.

Tyson was a different species at one point. Pretending that version of him was ever beat or even challenged is ridiculous, look at the tape.

I see a prime Tyson the way I see a prime Mayweather. How good are they? It's mythical because we never saw them face the best opposition in good condition - and it's not even necessarily their fault.
What I also see similar is that they lose to the very best ever.

Floyd face the best of his generation and is far from a myth you twit.

You dont go 20yrs in the sport and not face the best

Who the fuck is this weirdo Dr Will?

I think vitali would get murked and i like him alot. Just a bad match up to take all that punishment

I honestly didnt know people were still trying to discredit Mayweather lol. Havent seen that for a long time.

I honestly didnt know people were still trying to discredit Mayweather lol. Havent seen that for a long time.

you taking wilder over ortiz? I think he has a good chance but im feeling ortiz will get the win somehow.

I was more confident in ortiz before the steroid scandal, now i think he might be mentally there for these big fights

Vitali maybe. He easily gets in and puts Wlad down within two rounds.

Hed treat Foreman like a punching bag also. There isnt a worse matchup for George and I say that as a homer of his.

Mike struggled with vastly worse big men than Wladimir. He's not getting him out of there in two.

Foreman vs Tyson is a interesting match, but the difference between George and Tysons usual opponents is that George would fire back. Not a punching bag for anybody and its a career shortening fight for both.

you taking wilder over ortiz? I think he has a good chance but im feeling ortiz will get the win somehow.

I was more confident in ortiz before the steroid scandal, now i think he might be mentally there for these big fights
Ya I think Wilder is going to make a statement. Really hope it doesnt get fucked uo and we actually get to see it.

Mike struggled with vastly worse big men than Wladimir. He's not getting him out of there in two.

Foreman vs Tyson is a interesting match, but the difference between George and Tysons usual opponents is that George would fire back. Not a punching bag for anybody and its a career shortening fight for both.
Meh. Wlad got put down by far worse than Tyson.

George can throw back all he likes, hed just miss more often than not. Hed look slow motion next to Tyson doing his matrix shit.

I'd favour someone that would put it to Tyson and fight him. Someone that could take a punch and simply outlast him. Hard man to find. I do think Dempsey might be more game than him, but Tyson might be too fast and be too heavy. I do think that if Foreman could touch him, he could cause him real problems. Rocky Marciano might be too small, but aside from that, he had a makeup to his personality that would be terrifying for Tyson - still, Marciano might get stopped, Dempsey too. Joe Louis had beautiful accurate punch selection. He would be good. Vitali Klitschko could be interesting, but that doesn't mean he wins.

Prime Tyson? From 85-88? Damn. Hard man to beat.

Meh. Wlad got put down by far worse than Tyson.

George can throw back all he likes, hed just miss more often than not. Hed look slow motion next to Tyson doing his matrix shit.

When Wlads head was working, he had way too many tools to get caught so early. If we're talking about Tyson at his best, we have to talk about Wlad at his best too.

George didn't look slow motion next to Ali, he wouldn't next to Tyson with either. When Tyson goes low, one uppercut from George is enough to put Tyson on his ass.

I'd favour someone that would put it to Tyson and fight him. Someone that could take a punch and simply outlast him. Hard man to find. I do think Dempsey might be more game than him, but Tyson might be too fast and be too heavy. I do think that if Foreman could touch him, he could cause him real problems. Rocky Marciano might be too small, but aside from that, he had a makeup to his personality that would be terrifying for Tyson - still, Marciano might get stopped, Dempsey too. Joe Louis had beautiful accurate punch selection. He would be good. Vitali Klitschko could be interesting, but that doesn't mean he wins.

Prime Tyson? From 85-88? Damn. Hard man to beat.
Liston and Tyson. Chaos.

When Wlads head was working, he had way too many tools to get caught so early. If we're talking about Tyson at his best, we have to talk about Wlad at his best too.

George didn't look slow motion next to Ali, he wouldn't next to Tyson with either. When Tyson goes low, one uppercut from George is enough to put Tyson on his ass.
When Wlads head was working hes still slow throwing a jab and maybe one straight right to follow up. Tyson slips Wlads punches and brutalizes him before Wlad can hug him to death.

Sure he did, and Tyson moves a hell of a lot faster than Ali. He also wouldnt be sitting at the end of Georges punches.

Literally lol at Tyson dropping from one punch from anyone.

Last edited:
He was closest to his prime against Holyfield. And he got outboxed both times.
Hed lost all the trainers that made him great,been in jail and was basicaly a party animal by that point

The truth is mike could have easily beem the greatest ever....but don king happened
Got rid of his trainers , fucked him outta all his money and got a tax lawyer outta his depth to defend him on his rape charge!

When Wlads head was working hes still slow throwing a jab and maybe one straight right to follow up. Tyson slips Wlads punches and brutalizes him before Wlad can hug him to death.

Sure he did, and Tyson moves a hell of a lot faster than Ali. He also wouldnt be sitting at the end of Georges punches.

Literally lol at Tyson dropping from one punch from anyone.

It would take Tyson longer than two rounds to get to Wlad. I wouldn't be surprised if it went to the scorecards.

No, George didn't look slow at all. It wasnt Alis speed that won him the fight, it was his ring IQ and toughness.

What's wrong with you..we're just having a discussion, calm with the snappiness.
Floyd didn't face anybody at the very top calibre the way the other Greats have (whilst they were in top condition), and during Tyson's prime, he didn't either. That's why it does require a lot more guess work to see how Tyson would do against the absolute best, the case for how good he is isn't as firm as the others.
It's a simple logic.

Back