Who would you favor over a prime Tyson?

It would take Tyson longer than two rounds to get to Wlad. I wouldn't be surprised if it went to the scorecards.

No, George didn't look slow at all. It wasnt Alis speed that won him the fight, it was his ring IQ and toughness.
That was said with some hyperbole but I truly dont see Wlad making it to a decision. He doesnt have the output to keep Tyson off of him.

He looked slow as shit in comparison and the speed difference is a massive reason Ali broke him down. Foreman is too easily hittable. Watch how easy Ali gets inside and blasts him and gets back out. Watch how easy Ali dodges his punches. Its staying on the outside or getting against the ropes that can get you in trouble with Foreman. Tyson blasts him and his head movement is too quick and too good for Foreman to knock his block off.

What's wrong with you..we're just having a discussion, calm with the snappiness.
Floyd didn't face anybody at the very top calibre the way the other Greats have (whilst they were in top condition), and during Tyson's prime, he didn't either. That's why it does require a lot more guess work to see how Tyson would do against the absolute best, the case for how good he is isn't as firm as the others.
It's a simple logic.
Cotto, Canelo, Mosley coming off of slaughtering Marg, Pac beating the brakes off of Bradley, Corrales, knocking Hatton out, embarrassing JMM.

Please stop with this silly nonsense already lol.

That was said with some hyperbole but I truly dont see Wlad making it to a decision. He doesnt have the output to keep Tyson off of him.

He looked slow as shit in comparison and the speed difference is a massive reason Ali broke him down. Foreman is too easily hittable. Watch how easy Ali gets inside and blasts him and gets back out. Watch how easy Ali dodges his punches. Its staying on the outside or getting against the ropes that can get you in trouble with Foreman. Tyson blasts him and his head movement is too quick and too good for Foreman to knock his block off.

You seem have a tendency to fall in love with one idea to the extent that you forget to consider other angles.

Ali's plan was to dance and beat George with his speed and stamina from the outside. Quickly he found out that George was too well schooled on cutting off the ring on opponents, which is no surprise when you look was in George's corner.

Ali was an entirely different stylist than Tyson, he'd be coming right at George and not moving laterally or in and out. This could result in a issue considering George's qualities like strength, power, chin.

So that comparison makes no sense, just like it makes no sense to point out the dangers of staying on the ropes while using the Rumble in the Jungle as an example, lol.

Last edited:
What's wrong with you..we're just having a discussion, calm with the snappiness.
Floyd didn't face anybody at the very top calibre the way the other Greats have (whilst they were in top condition), and during Tyson's prime, he didn't either. That's why it does require a lot more guess work to see how Tyson would do against the absolute best, the case for how good he is isn't as firm as the others.
It's a simple logic.

Floyds record is as mean as it gets. The only guy missing is Margarito.

You seem have a tendency to fall in love with one idea to the extent that you forget to consider other angles.

Ali's plan was to dance and beat George with his speed and stamina from the outside. Quickly he found out that George was too well schooled on cutting off the ring on opponents, which is no surprise when you look was in George's corner.

Ali was an entirely different stylist than Tyson, he'd be coming right at George and not moving laterally or in and out. This could result in a issue considering George's qualities like strength, power, chin.

So that comparison makes no sense, just like it makes no sense to point out the dangers of staying on the ropes while using the Rumble in the Jungle as an example, lol.
Not really, I just look at an example of what speed and power does to Foreman. Pretty blatantly obvious which parts Im discussing, I even pointed them out.

Staying on the ropes with Foreman is a danger. Unless you think its common to do with Ali managed to?

Foreman is about as tough as they come and he can withstand a ridiculous beating, but its more likely than not that he gets overwhelmed before he could break Tyson down. He doesnt have the skill to stop Tysons onslaught.

Well Wladimir brings an entirely different style than George, yet you predict the same outcome.

Prime motivated Ali, period. Based on his character, toughness and mindset of a champion

"Pssht that all you got???"

Not saying he would win, I'm saying he could have a good chance.

Well Wladimir brings an entirely different style than George, yet you predict the same outcome.
Because even though they may have different styles they both have similar volunerabilities to Tyson.

Wlads: Lack of output and chin, and slow

Foreman: Slow and complete lack of defense

It's a simple logic.

Quit trolling fucking weirdo

Matter of fact I think a 100% Riddick Bowe gives Mike lots of problems.

Everyone at their all time best, and over 12 rounds?
I’d only favor Lennox Lewis over Tyson, slightly.
I could see Ali as 50/50. On one hand I can see Ali out boxing Tyson over 12 rounds, maybe 8-4. On the other hand I see that Ali got leveled by Cooper and struggled mightily with Norton and Frazier (Yes, I know he was past his prime, but style wise he always struggled with the style). I also think all of Tyson’s losses were due to him partying and not taking training 100% and not being at his best physically.

Last edited:
I'd favour someone that would put it to Tyson and fight him. Someone that could take a punch and simply outlast him. Hard man to find. I do think Dempsey might be more game than him, but Tyson might be too fast and be too heavy. I do think that if Foreman could touch him, he could cause him real problems. Rocky Marciano might be too small, but aside from that, he had a makeup to his personality that would be terrifying for Tyson - still, Marciano might get stopped, Dempsey too. Joe Louis had beautiful accurate punch selection. He would be good. Vitali Klitschko could be interesting, but that doesn't mean he wins.

Prime Tyson? From 85-88? Damn. Hard man to beat.
I think i might know a guy who fits that description...

evander_holyfield.jpg
SPOILER]

Everyone at their all time best, and over 12 rounds?
I’d only favor Lennox Lewis over Tyson, slightly.
I could see Ali as 50/50. On one hand I can see Ali out boxing Tyson over 12 rounds, maybe 8-4. On the other hand I see that Ali got leveled by Cooper and struggled mightily with Norton and Frazier (Yes, I know he was past his prime, but style wise he always struggled with the style). I also think all of Tyson’s losses were due to him partying and not taking training 100% and not being at his best physically.
Here is my issue with Tyson vs Ali - I can see Mike dropping Ali once maybe twice but I just cant see Mike going the distance especially in the days of 15rds

Last edited:
Here is my issue with Tyson vs Ali - I can see Mike dropping Ali once maybe twice but I just can see Mike going the distance especially in the days of 15rds
Ali/Tyson is possibly the most intriguing fantasy matchup ever.

Youve got a guy with unseen talent and athleticism in Ali who is extremely durable. However, he often enjoyed a significant speed/power advantage and could move at will but could have issues with guys who went after him. One of those most mentally strong and composed fighters ever.

Then youve got Tyson. I dont think there will ever be another HW that could move and bring the pain like he did. Just ridiculous combinations of speed, defensive movement, and power. But as we all know he could be broken mentally if he wasnt able to get his guy out.

I think Tyson puts him down early but Ali dominates the later rounds. Close decisions. If its 15 rounds I lean towards Ali. If its more recent times I lean towards Tyson ref/corner stoppage.

Ali/Tyson is possibly the most intriguing fantasy matchup ever.

Youve got a guy with unseen talent and athleticism in Ali who is extremely durable. However, he often enjoyed a significant speed/power advantage and could move at will but could have issues with guys who went after him. One of those most mentally strong and composed fighters ever.

Then youve got Tyson. I dont think there will ever be another HW that could move and bring the pain like he did. Just ridiculous combinations of speed, defensive movement, and power. But as we all know he could be broken mentally if he wasnt able to get his guy out.

I think Tyson puts him down early but Ali dominates the later rounds. Close decisions. If its 15 rounds I lean towards Ali. If its more recent times I lean towards Tyson ref/corner stoppage.
I agree with you, my big question mark is could Mike stop Ali in the later rounds. Ali lost 5 fights and they all went to distance...well expect Holmes and that fight should have never happened.

I don’t see either guy finishing the other actually. I’d favor Tyson early and at his best physically he could go the distance without much problem. He didn’t have the conditioning to go 12 hard rounds after his peak which is why he lost. I think he’d slow down some after the mid point and Ali wins the later rounds. All depends where you think Tyson would slow down. I think he’d bank enough early rounds along with a KD or two to win a 12 rounder. If it was 15, I’d favor Ali.

How I see it :)

ALI - Split Decision 142 / 141
9 rounds Ali
6 rounds Mike ( 2 - 10/8 rds with knock downs in rounds 2 & 4)

Back