Who would you favor over a prime Tyson?

I agree with you, my big question mark is could Mike stop Ali in the later rounds. Ali lost 5 fights and they all went to distance...well expect Holmes and that fight should have never happened.
I dont think so. I dont think Tysons mental aspects only came after he went downhill. That grit is something you either have or you dont, I dont think its something people can change. Ali is one of those guys that got better as the fight went on and he wasnt able to be broken.

Lennox
Vitali klitscko
Tyson Fury
Larry Holmes
Foreman
Patterson
Frazier
Jersey Joe Walcot
Joe Louis

Literally lol at Fury.

Lewis, Ali, Foreman, Frazier.

Controversial pick is Wlad. At his best he had good footwork,a cannon for a jab, and could stick to a boring game plan that could frustrate Mike.

Last edited:
I think i might know a guy who fits that description...

evander_holyfield.jpg
SPOILER]

Lol nice

Feel Sonny Liston would've beat the shit out of Tyson
Foreman
Larry Holmes
Ali
Riddick Bowe
Vitali Klitschko
Joe Frazier

True, and Patterson & Frazier...no way

I don't think prime Tyson would do well against any coordinated giant. Lennox would have wrecked him anytime during his reign in my opinion.

Reading this thread makes me realize how many people really underestimate how good peak Tyson really was. I've seen 10 plus names thrown out that would beat prime Tyson. That's nonsense. A case can be made either way for Lennox, Ali and maybe one or two others, but no more than that. Patterson? Fury? No chance. Patterson would probably not get out of the first round. I love Joe Louis, but he would not stand much of a chance against peak Tyson, he'd be KO'ed and early at that.

If Corrie sanders at the point in his career he fought wlad could get to wlad. Pick any wlad klits you want vs prime Tyson, he is going to take a big punch early.

Ali
Holyfield
Foreman
Holmes
Lewis
Vitali
Bowe
Louis
Liston

Note: some of these fighters aren't as good as Tyson but are favored due to style matchup

He wasn't nowhere near prime against Holyfield. If Cus was alive it would have been a different story. Tyson changed after the death of him.

Plus that leech Don King got to him as well.

At the end of the day he was a well trained, in shape, young fighter at the time.

Hollyfield completely outclassed him both times, Tyson is the more captivating fighter.. but he's not even the best of his era.

Tyson is overrated..

Lennox > Tyson
Bowe > Tyson
Hollyfield > Tyson

Lennox Lewis's destruction of Razor Ruddock made Tyson's fights against him look like child's play..

Tyson is overrated..

Lennox > Tyson
Bowe > Tyson
Hollyfield > Tyson

Lennox Lewis's destruction of Razor Ruddock made Tyson's fights against him look like child's play..
Every great HW severely disagrees with you.

Tyson was a once in a lifetime talent.

Ali, Vitali, Lewis, Foreman I believe would beat him for sure. The first three with very little hesitation.
It's harder to say when talking about Bowe and Holyfield. I think he beats Wlad, Frazier, Liston and Louis.

I can't believe anybody is picking Fraizer, he was an undersized notoriously slow starter who ate a lot of punches. Tyson would dispose of him in a similar manner that he did Marvis.

The only two guys are Ali and Lewis, and with both it's a 50/50 proposition.

I can't believe anybody is picking Fraizer, he was an undersized notoriously slow starter who ate a lot of punches. Tyson would dispose of him in a similar manner that he did Marvis.
I honestly think some folks are looking up “atg boxers” and throwing names up. No fucking chance some of these cats last 4 rounds.

I honestly think some folks are looking up “atg boxers” and throwing names up. No fucking chance some of these cats last 4 rounds.
Jersey joe Walcott was a particularly wtf choice.

Back