Who Would You Like The Next Wrestling Based 30 For 30 To Be About?

Besides ones already mentioned in here: Kazuchika Okada. It would basically detail NJPW's resurgence from its darkest days (Bob Sapp as champ lol) and its rise to be a real global #2, and its aspirations on the Western market, with him as the face of their growth/expansion.

Nobody knows who the duck Okada is. Ric, Hogan, Savage, Piper, Rock, Austin and Cena are cultural icons.

Piper is 100x more interesting than Hogan or even Flair.

Ric - I used to drink, fuck a lot of women, show my dick, buy drinks and profile.

Piper - I was a thief, homeless, became a boxer, black belt judo artist, fought everybody, built Hogan, drank and snorted more than Ric, never fucked a girl other than my wife, got shot at and stabbed, never won the Big belt for some reason and Austin killed me.

Vince verses the wrestling business is probably the one to make -- although he was already in the XFL 30 for 30 and covered to some extent. The unauthorized biography of McMahon "Sex, Lies and Headlocks" was written by ESPN writers.

Hogan is the only other compelling figure. All those other guys are jabronis.

XFL 30 for 30 wasn’t good enough at showing that Vince had no ducking idea about football and got into a business which would be the equivalent of me opening a car wash.

XFL 30 for 30 wasn’t good enough at showing that Vince had no ducking idea about football and got into a business which would be the equivalent of me opening a car wash.

That's why I suggested it be against the wrestling industry to kind of round things out. I don't know if ESPN would want to devote a second show to Vince when he was already partially covered in a previous episode. That is why I don't know if they'd put focus on McMahon again. There are other sports figures to cover.

Bruiser. Unlike most of the others guys listed you can tell a good story about Bruisers murder and its cover up.

Ric - I used to drink, fuck a lot of women, show my dick, buy drinks and profile.

Piper - I was a thief, homeless, became a boxer, black belt judo artist, fought everybody, built Hogan, drank and snorted more than Ric, never fucked a girl other than my wife, got shot at and stabbed, never won the Big belt for some reason and Austin killed me.
For Ric, you could add survived a plane crash, took NWA belt to WWF, won every accolade of any significance in pro wrestling, played college football, lost a kid to dope, and have another kid who is a champ.

For Ric, you could add survived a plane crash, took NWA belt to WWF, won every accolade of any significance in pro wrestling, played college football, lost a kid to dope, and have another kid who is a champ.

I would add the kid to dope. I’ll give you the crash. Charlotte so so.

I would add the kid to dope. I’ll give you the crash. Charlotte so so.
I mean if "black belt judo", "boxer", and "homeless" make the cut for Roddy, I don't see why the things I listed aren't equally as compelling about Ric.

Nobody would watch it. 30 for 30 takes icons. So - Hogan, Piper, Savage, Andre.

lol is Len Bias an icon ? Rotisserie Fantasy Baseball an icon ? Andres Escobar ? Marcus Dupree ? Eugene Lee ? Chris Antley ? Ben Wilson ? Jimmy Connors ? Livan and Orlando Hernandez ? Cleveland sports curse ? John Calipari ? Tommy Morrison (the one filmed right before Flair's) ... ? These are icons to you ? They've all had a 30 for 30.

Again, it be ostensibly about Okada but it'd really be more about NJPW. Okada as a figurehead for their rise to prominence.

But you could throw in stuff about some of their former champions and how the current rise of the promotion (and Okada) compares / contrasts (Inoki, Vader, Muta, Chono, Nagata, Bop Sapp, Brock Lesnar, AJ Styles).

It wouldn't be the worst 30 for 30.

Undertaker.

Success, Bone Street Crew stories, has very few out of character interviews...

Definitely Vince McMahon.

We've all seen documentaries on Stone Cold, Jake Roberts, Scott Hall, HBK, Bret Hart, etc.

How about THE UNDERTAKER.

Guy barely has any interviews or soundbites for over 25 years, most protected character of all time.

Back