Who's dropped out of college?

I went to one class in college. Never went back.

Some years after I did regret it because I wondered if I would have a better job. But eventually I started my own business which is doing very well so now I am extremely happy I didn't continue to go to college. If I had I'm sure I never would have started my business.

I took some time off after my first few semesters just because I wanted to focus on my band. I went back after 5 or 6 years. I always kind of knew I would finish, but there were some times I thought about not going back. I definitely would have regretted it. I would not have gotten the job I have now without graduating.

I began every sentence in this post with “I.”

the regret I have is that if I had a college degree I would have gotten promoted faster at my job and had to pay less dues.

people with college degrees also have opportunities to get jobs that are above my pay grade job that are not offered to me even though they may be less qualified.

the regret I have is that if I had a college degree I would have gotten promoted faster at my job and had to pay less dues.

people with college degrees also have opportunities to get jobs that are above my pay grade job that are not offered to me even though they may be less qualified.

This is a concept I have tried to stress on here numerous times when people talk about how college degrees are worthless today. Many jobs will open up to you, or open up to you sooner than otherwise, if you have a college degree just because it signals to employers that you know how to learn things and apply them. And for good reason. I have noticed it was easier to train those who had 4 year degrees than those who didn’t, even if those degrees weren’t aligned with the job.

That won’t be the case all the time though. Just in general. I’ve known plenty of people who somehow graduated college (often cheating on tests and papers. I’m looking at you, USC grads), and are fucking stupid as fuck.

Right after graduation because I didn't walk.

The stage.

I’ve known plenty of people who somehow graduated college (often cheating on tests and papers. I’m looking at you, USC grads), and are fucking stupid as fuck.

The NFL? Sure, those players 'graduated' from college and still can't read or write. Making a lot of money though, playing a kid's game.

The NFL? Sure, those players 'graduated' from college and still can't read or write. Making a lot of money though, playing a kid's game.

Everyone knows the guys who played football in college, and some other sports depending on which one each university relies on for revenue, are not expected to actually do any of the coursework or learn.

I dropped out three-quarters of my first year through IT studies when I was seventeen. I just couldn’t get my head around Programming and Code at the time so I switched to System Support. I didn’t have the passion for it and I was dealing with quite severe social anxiety and other behavioural issues at the time.

I don’t regret dropping off that path but I wish that I could turn back time and find another path through college instead, especially whilst it was free.

I did some distance learning when I was 25, with the Open University and got myself a Cert HE in Natural Sciences. Same thing happened. Depression, Social Anxiety, Social Isolation and living in an absolute dive with poor equipment and just a dongle for internet. I couldn’t get the group meetings to work either. I wanted to see it all the way through, but I applied for the Royal Navy instead as I felt like it would have been a far better solution for my problems (a full career, sports, friends, travel etc), and stopped once I got the Cert HE. Navy didn’t work out due to me failing a medical (childhood epilepsy was treated late).

I’ve always respected acedemics and I’ve always wanted to be one. I have a poor short-term memory however and my willpower for doing things that I don’t really want to do is low.

I regret not shutting myself away in libraries after school and not doing better at high school, as I need that structure to be able to fully focus. I also wish that I didn’t put so much time into video games and stayed away from my old homes for the most part.
never too late

I did my first 2 years and got some minor entry level degree but didnt want to be broke by going to a university seeing as I was already poor AF. Went and got a trade and never looked back.

Went for one semester after high school then worked full time for a few years. Working a crappy job inspired me to go back and work hard and graduate. Proud of finishing and am really glad i did it.

I dropped out.
I was dealing with a lot of bullshit. I had put myself into some grief and then my father got cancer,and then my grandmother. All that stuff tied together led me to valuing my shitty no future Job as a restaurant manager and binge drinking more than my education.
After a lot of stuff happened I am now in a much better position and I wish I actually got some paper because where I am at now just some paper would open lots of doors where now I have to pry them open. Which I have been doing but it would have been a lot easier the other way.

I dropped out.
I was dealing with a lot of bullshit. I had put myself into some grief and then my father got cancer,and then my grandmother. All that stuff tied together led me to valuing my shitty no future Job as a restaurant manager and binge drinking more than my education.
After a lot of stuff happened I am now in a much better position and I wish I actually got some paper because where I am at now just some paper would open lots of doors where now I have to pry them open. Which I have been doing but it would have been a lot easier the other way.

Shit like this is common and can really put a halt in one's education. That's why I dont listen to cocky pricks who look down on folks that didn't complete college.

Every situation is different.

Shit like this is common and can really put a halt in one's education. That's why I dont listen to cocky pricks who look down on folks that didn't complete college.

Every situation is different.
yes I agree i like the story of the YouTube millionaire etc.. but in my experience everybody who got paper are living much better lives financially or their schedules make up the difference

never too late

Yeah, but it will be waiting for a few years at least.

I was able to get a better job last year and my primary focus has been saving money, followed by travel. Years of living in bedsits whilst working minimum wage have given me the skill of budgeting, so I'm able to save at least 20% of my pay check a month, which is nice.

I'm still thinking about my next step.

High School, they asked me to leave due to behavior..

never too late

I disagree.

I mean, yes it is never too late if it is something you want and you are motivated. But in this specific case, it doesn't appear that Wrath of Foamy is all that motivated to actually put in the work studying. In addition, going back to school takes a large investment of money and time. What will he be getting out of it other than self improvement?

I'm not down on education. Most of my friends have at least two degrees, and I have all sorts of frameable paper cluttering up the house. But you have to know what you want out of it. There's a Lucky Louie episode where Louie's wife supports him to follow his dream and study for his pilot's license. But he soon discovers that he indulged himself with the fantasy of being a pilot, but he didn't actually have the temperament to do the grind and put in the work. It isn't for everybody.

Finally, going back part time and/or more than five years later than everybody else is a significantly different experience.

Yeah, but it will be waiting for a few years at least.

I was able to get a better job last year and my primary focus has been saving money, followed by travel. Years of living in bedsits whilst working minimum wage have given me the skill of budgeting, so I'm able to save at least 20% of my pay check a month, which is nice.

I'm still thinking about my next step.
my advice would be to keep working if you have a good job but keep an open mind to a career that interests you and then only if your ready to commit 100 go for it

Back