Who's really crossing the US Border.

Also. Do NOT make the mistake of thinking IMMIGRATION studies are ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION studies.

Many outlets like to lump immigration together to make illegal immigration look better.

Illegal immigration does not help a society or economy. It helps corporations get around paying higher wages. That is it

To the contrary, legal immigration can and is at times very beneficial to a country

BUT BUT BUT what about the other side!

Then call them out by name like I’m calling out for being a dishonest partisan on this issue

Or is it just more empty talk by you?

The difference is my claim carries more wait.

You think that pointing out Trump's lies is endorsing illegal immigration

The difference is my claim carries more wait.

You think that pointing out Trump's lies is endorsing illegal immigration

Wait?

No, your posts show you endorse it

Yes, Trump lies which puts him in the same company as yourself.

You still under the belief that illegal immigration is a plus for the economy? Or have we moved on from that?

This is about the time you post A Tweet from some fanatic or has been comedians

So are you saying u are against illegal immigration??

Fuck George Lopez!
MoEM2WU.jpg

i feel you, but that's not entirely true

many times those so called Robber Barons were straight up invited in, as United Fruit Company was. Shitty countries had zero infrastructure, they invited these companies in to build railroads and pave roads. Yes, they also received highly beneficial arrangements in the deal, but they held literally all the leverage.

They weren't just going over and commandeering areas like King Leopold in Congo.

Of course we have evolved to understand that overt brute force is no longer suitable for economic exploitation.

US led coups have deposed democratically elected Presidents, where rule of law was broken, and sovereign borders were ignored, in Chile, El Salvador, Argentina, Brazil, Guatemala, Peru, Nicaragua, and Uruguay off the top of my head. I have a hard time understanding how we can expect people to follow a rule of law, when we don't, and we do it pretty viciously.

Any good links on that?
I stalled on this because I rarely ever post at the computer and finding good links on the phone is just annoying for me so I’m not at the computer but if you can access the WSJ this article has a couple of links to studies that show that illegal immigration does lower wages for low skilled workers.
https://www.wsj.com/articles/the-thorny-economics-of-illegal-immigration-1454984443
Harvard did a study on it too which got a lot of attention
https://sites.hks.harvard.edu/fs/gborjas/publications/popular/CIS2013.pdf

Of course we have evolved to understand that overt brute force is no longer suitable for economic exploitation.

US led coups have deposed democratically elected Presidents, where rule of law was broken, and sovereign borders were ignored, in Chile, El Salvador, Argentina, Brazil, Guatemala, Peru, Nicaragua, and Uruguay off the top of my head. I have a hard time understanding how we can expect people to follow a rule of law, when we don't, and we do it pretty viciously.
might makes right, that about sums it up

Also. Do NOT make the mistake of thinking IMMIGRATION studies are ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION studies.

Many outlets like to lump immigration together to make illegal immigration look better.

Illegal immigration does not help a society or economy. It helps corporations get around paying higher wages. That is it

To the contrary, legal immigration can and is at times very beneficial to a country
You should take it up with an economist, pretty much the only negative economic consequence is lower wages for low skilled native born workers.

You can argue about the social and cultural effects which are difficult to measure but not with the net benefits to economies.

Likes are the worst thing to happen to this forum. However, in a way it's good to make the little people feel good. The people who never achieved much in life or garner much attention in the real world, whether currently or in the past from their parents or both.

Maybe I'm just being overly mean and critical of all the peeps who crave 'likes' on a karate forum messageboard.

But yes, I think @PolishHeadlock deserves the Nobel Peace Prize for his amazing copy pasta job.
I'm sorry that your like to post ratio is so embarrassing.

You have my deepest condolences.

Meh. Not my fault their country sucks.

Can one pro asylum/ immigration (not legal immigration) person answer this. How does their home country ever get better if we take all the "good" ones? What will stop generation after generation from coming here in the future?

So your argument is because >previous< US Generations fucked over >current< generations of Central Americans that we should allow >current< generations of Central Americans to fuck over >future< generations of Americans?

Where do I sign up?

You should take it up with an economist, pretty much the only negative economic consequence is lower wages for low skilled native born workers.

You can argue about the social and cultural effects which are difficult to measure but not with the net benefits to economies.

>net benefits

>Hurts the lower end of our population

k

Supressing wages doesn't just stop at the bottom. It moves up into other fields. It only increases dramatically at the top.

>net benefits

>Hurts the lower end of our population

k

Supressing wages doesn't just stop at the bottom. It moves up into other fields. It only increases dramatically at the top.
Your stupid meme arrows alert me that you’re not to be taken seriously

It’s pretty much the one proven drawback on top of a bunch of benefits and affects a small percentage of the population. You can start off by skimming for five seconds (because clearly that’s all you will do) into the articles I posted

i feel you, but that's not entirely true

many times those so called Robber Barons were straight up invited in, as United Fruit Company was. Shitty countries had zero infrastructure, they invited these companies in to build railroads and pave roads. Yes, they also received highly beneficial arrangements in the deal, but they held literally all the leverage.

They weren't just going over and commandeering areas like King Leopold in Congo.

United fruit company, I believe was invited in by landowning white people who are descended from the Conquistadors. The brown skin mestizos, who make up majority of population, and were offered up for exploitation by their white overlords, probably wanted both groups of white masters gone even if it meant crappy infrastructure.

That is why the marines and navy had people on the ground during that time they call the Banana Wars. To ensure security against disgruntled exploited peoples.

Back