• Shawn Kemp

• Desmond Mason

• Harold Miner

• Larry Nance

• Jason Richardson

• Dominque Wilkins

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
white did under his leg from like half a foot over the line....

and did a two handed cockback from barely over the line, IN HS at the McDonalds Dunk Contest (Lost to David Lee hahaahahah affirmative action at play)

Wow Vince Carter is being insanely overrated itt. He was a great dunker but no way should he be winning the pole by this margin. Both Dominique and Drexler were at least as good and I'd argue they were even better in-game dunkers. VC was all flash but he didn't have the power to throw it down like Nique or Drexler, in fact the only memorable in-game dunk VC had in traffic that I can recall was over Zo Mourning (and it required an offensive foul for him to do it)
That's hogwash, Faust. This is why VC is the GOAT. He could do anything as a dunker. He could go off either foot, or both feet; the last capability in particular lent him the ability to overwhelm defenders with power. He could dunk with flashiness moving the ball like Jordan did fingerolls (sometimes jumping up on one side of the rim, then dropping the ball down and dunking it via reverse on the other side of the rim because he had so much freaking height that he was still high enough to dunk on that reverse side after traveling all that distance). He could just jump over the other guy and beat him with that sheer height. He also sometimes just went through defenders, sometimes multiple defenders, with his insane strength and ferocity.

I recall reading an article way back where his original Toronto S&C coach said he didn't have the best work ethic early in his career, but he would come in without ever doing his routines, and then just bench 340 due to sheer raw ability....fucking freak of the freaks.

Backwards, forwards, from a standstill, through the lane, off alley-oops, over people, under people, around people, through people; spinning left, spinning right, left-side forward, right-side forward. Like everybody else (right-handed), he didn't like going off his right foot or dunking with his left hand, but I remember my jaw dropping watching highlights where he would power dunk with his left hand, sometimes.

d1c9854ab763fe16b2758d6bb604b91e.jpg

He even did to Dikembe what Jordan did to Ewing. He posterized everybody. Shaq, Duncan, Big Ben, Garnett, Jermaine, Zo, Chandler...everybody.

As a fellow dunker at the time, that reverse vince pulled off against the pacers made me say "what the ". That is hard to do

You obviously have zero idea what hang time is. Not surprised considering your dream is a backboard slap.

Dunking on yao ming = hang time.

Dunking on slight coward = hang time.

You were brutally educated on the FT line dunk (flight white being > Jordan), doesn't really make sense as to why you wouldn't accept this. You obviously aren't a very high level mind when it comes to hoops.

free throw line wind mills are becoming pretty common

When I think who is best dunker, Wilkins is the first name that comes up, so that was my scientific analisys why I voted for him.

free throw line wind mills are becoming pretty common

Everyone shits on FT line dunks like they're no big deal but I've yet to see one where the dunker's toes are actually behind the line.

Everyone steps on the line. I'll be more impressed by seeing a true behind the line dunk than windmills or other shit.

Everyone shits on FT line dunks like they're no big deal but I've yet to see one where the dunker's toes are actually behind the line.

Everyone steps on the line. I'll be more impressed by seeing a true behind the line dunk than windmills or other shit.

here you go

are you impressed when a 7 footer with an 8 ft wingspan dunks from behind the line?

or how about a world class Olympic long jumper from 6 inches behind the line, with his off hand?

white went behind the line in a euro dunk contest, and did a two handed tomahawk to boot.......just saying

Conley more than Ibaka. Ibaka toenails might have just grazed the line too.

Shorter players should attempt that feat more often, imo.

dude couldn't even dunk from the hash mark during the nba contest

he's old.....

he has done it since HS, in the NCAA Dunk contest (between the legs from behind the line) and in FIBA overseas.....

or how about a world class Olympic long jumper from 6 inches behind the line, with his off hand?

He was a triple jumper. During one of those dunk competitions Carl Lewis made the most ridiculous dunk attempt. He missed it but it was insane.

Wilt was one of the judges and he said that was the greatest dunk attempt ever. It doesn't matter if it didn't go down.

He was a triple jumper. During one of those dunk competitions Carl Lewis made the most ridiculous dunk attempt. He missed it but it was insane.

Wilt was one of the judges and he said that was the greatest dunk attempt ever. It doesn't matter if it didn't go down.

Greatest dunk attempt ever will always be Javale McGee trying to dunk on James Jones from the free throw line.

Greatest dunk attempt ever will always be Javale McGee trying to dunk on James Jones from the free throw line.

Greatest dunk attempt I ever saw in person was Phil Dixon (a.k.a. Dr. Dix) in a high school dunk contest. He sat a cheerleader in a chair just inside the foul line and tried to jump over her for the the dunk - LOL.

Too bad Phil punched out a TA before at UConn and then after transferring to Utah he put his leg through a window and never was the same jumper again. Good effort in the NCAA tourney against UNLV in 1990.

[YT]iEy1lsx5wTo[/YT]

He was a triple jumper.

i watched that conley dunk live in the day. he was ranked #2 in the world in the long jump in 1985 and competed in the event throughout his career from start to finish.

i watched that conley dunk live in the day. he was ranked #2 in the world in the long jump in 1985 and competed in the event throughout his career from start to finish.

Sorry, no. He may have done some long jumping too but medal success was in triple jump.

I can see he got one medal at the WC in long jump, but he has 8 in TJ.

Wow Vince Carter is being insanely overrated itt. He was a great dunker but no way should he be winning the pole by this margin. Both Dominique and Drexler were at least as good and I'd argue they were even better in-game dunkers. VC was all flash but he didn't have the power to throw it down like Nique or Drexler, in fact the only memorable in-game dunk VC had in traffic that I can recall was over Zo Mourning (and it required an offensive foul for him to do it)

I agree, shouldn't be winning by this margin, but with that said, he's the best.

Back