Who's the best soccer player in the world ?

I'd probably go with Ronaldo (the cool (now fat) one, NOT gheyboy CR7), Ronaldinho also up there
The ghey Ronaldo is the tranny chaser from Brazil.

Great question....maybe because he is?
Messi isn’t a clutch like Ronaldo. He often disappears from quarter finals and above in tournament soccer, while Ronaldo performs well in elimination rounds. Messi hasn’t even won anything for his country.

Messi isn’t a clutch like Ronaldo. He often disappears from quarter finals and above in tournament soccer, while Ronaldo performs well in elimination rounds. Messi hasn’t even won anything for his country.

Both Messi and Ronaldo have been complete shit in World Cup, but Ronaldo did have a great Eurocup.

That said at club level Messi is more impressive to me.

Neymar would be a distand third to Messi and Ronaldo.

Right now it might be Ramos.
Laste 10 years was Lahm.
All-time its Ernst Kuzorra of course.

Cristiano Ronaldo is the best imo.... but Id also say him and Messi are the 2 GOAT's of all time.

Prime Ronaldinho was frightening as well

Ronaldo is the best. He did in the premier league and la liga. Always turns up for the big games even though he did have a shit CL final. But I give him a pass as hes getting close to retirement playing in that US league.

He doesn't have the resumé of some others, but based on pure talent he is up there:

Messi and I don't think it's close.

Messi or Ronaldo (messi imo) and its not even a valid debate due to consistancy alone. the game is so much more physical and faster nowadays, these guys are better than the likes of Pele or Cruyff who would not get the same time and space on the ball. Imo maradonna is the only player that 'could' be better than these 2

No player has won a tournament for their country! I don't understand when people say he has to win the world cup to be the best because he is also relying on 10 other players. maradonna had a big influence in the 1986 win but that was a very good team overall. Had Maradonna been the only world class player for Argentina, they wouldn't have got anywhere near close to winning it

Right now it might be Ramos.
Laste 10 years was Lahm.
All-time its Ernst Kuzorra of course.

This.

Ramos all the way. Dude is dropping pepple left and right. Throwing better elbows then Bones, pulling esoteric BJJ moves on people like a motivated, young BJ Penn... And on top of that scoring clutch headers like he is Harry Kane's smart brother.

I mean, its not even close.

No player has won a tournament for their country! I don't understand when people say he has to win the world cup to be the best because he is also relying on 10 other players. maradonna had a big influence in the 1986 win but that was a very good team overall. Had Maradonna been the only world class player for Argentina, they wouldn't have got anywhere near close to winning it

You’re saying this like Messi doesn’t have a good Argentina squad around him - they’d still be a top 10 team without him on it. I think the fact that he hasn’t won anything for his country is a pretty big hole in his resume

You’re saying this like Messi doesn’t have a good Argentina squad around him - they’d still be a top 10 team without him on it. I think the fact that he hasn’t won anything for his country is a pretty big hole in his resume

Of course it’s a hole in his resume but I think it’s unfair to judge a players ability because him and his team mates have not won a major title for their country. George Best is revered as 1 of the best players of all time but N Ireland never made a major tournament in the 60s/70s. That doesn’t take anything away from him as a player. I can fully appreciate why Argentinians would rate maradonna better than Messi, but I’m not sure why that would be an important factor to fans of other countries

I struggle to separate ronaldo and Messi if I’m being honest. I do think they are the best players that have played the game all things considered

Eeeeh, more like a medium to small-sized hole.

If you actually watch the games you'll notice that Messi is always Argentina's best player by far. In fact, he's almost always the best player on the field. His teammates let him down time and time again. In 2014 they're world champions if 1) Di Maria doesn't get injured in the semis 2) Higuain doesn't miss that one easy breakaway, or 3) Palacio doesn't miss that easy shot.

I guess you could argue that he should score 2 goals in each final but then that's an extremely high standard to hold anyone to.

I always felt like zidane was the best when he played. He could just control the entire game and make magical moves passes etc regularly like it was nothing

His ability to warp spacetime was unparalleled. I’ve never seen another footballer and thought “you’re better than Zidane”.

I'm picking Gabriel Jesus to be the man at the world cup. Have Brazil coming up short in a rematch with the Germans in the final though.

Back