Who's the biggest guy you've ever seen at each weight class?

nac386

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
Who are the fighters that you see and you think, "How in the world does that guy make weight?"

Here are the first two that came to mind.

Thomas Hearns at 147.

emanuel-steward-thomas-hearns.jpg

Paul Williams at 147.

WilliamsQuintana-II-060708-002.jpg

Callum Smith is one of the bigger 168ers I've seen.

Danny Jacobs is pretty big at MW. He dwarfed GGG.

I'll also throw in Valuev, even though he never had to make weight.

Nikolai-Valuev-8.jpg

Lawrence Okolie is a massive Cruiserweight

Who are the fighters that you see and you think, "How in the world does that guy make weight?"

Thomas Hearns at 147.

Paul Williams at 147.

Hearns at 147 is almost unfair. The power he had.
Can u imagine him today? Who's gonna beat him Thurman or Garcia? He would kill them. Crawford or Porter?
Spence would be a good fight but he hasn't proven enough to beat Hearns yet.

Felix Trinidad
Alexis Arguello
Celestino Caballero
Sal Sanchez

lots of guys, one that really sticks out from the rest to me was Iran Barkley as a 160 pounder. Sugar Ray Robinson once said that Randy Turpin looked like a heavyweight to him and he couldn't understand how he got all that muscle into 160. It is hard to understand sometimes. Part of it is just the way the camera adds weight to people. I learned this firsthand when i saw one of my buddies in the ufc, he was a stocky guy but, he looked like a 200 pounder on tv, he was 5-7 and 185, later he shrunk down to 154, incredible really and easy to understand how people permanently fuck up their bodies making weight.

Terence Crawford at 135
Javier Fortuna at 126
Axe Man at 126

Thomas Hearns at 147.

Paul Williams at 147.

Those two, you can see clearly why. They look like skinny B-ball players of the 70s more than fighters. Not an ounce of nothing on their bodies.

lots of guys, one that really sticks out from the rest to me was Iran Barkley as a 160 pounder. Sugar Ray Robinson once said that Randy Turpin looked like a heavyweight to him and he couldn't understand how he got all that muscle into 160. It is hard to understand sometimes. Part of it is just the way the camera adds weight to people. I learned this firsthand when i saw one of my buddies in the ufc, he was a stocky guy but, he looked like a 200 pounder on tv, he was 5-7 and 185, later he shrunk down to 154, incredible really and easy to understand how people permanently fuck up their bodies making weight.
Yeah well, MMA guys don't cut weight properly anyways, it's always an unhealthy process... But yup they say the TV camera adds 15 lbs to the screen.

Saw a British card recently. That Anthony Yarde looked 2 weight classes bigger than his opponent. Massive LHW. Any MMA fans might remember rumble Johnson at WW

Canelo was a pretty big 154 pounder.
Easter Jr isn't thick, but he certainly looks large for a LW.
Margarito looked massive at 147.
I agree with Barkley at 160. He had the frame of a CW.

as i said before, many guys, could go on for awhile. meldric taylor was huge for a 140 pounder, cornelius boza edwards was like 5-8 and 130, that sounds crazy to me. I remember when i was a teen, i weighed about 125 and if I'd fought, i'd probably have been 118 at 16 years old. in those days, i'd go to competitiions and the welterweights would look huge to me, now, I don't even know if I could ever get down to 160 again, the last time i did, my best friend thought i was sick. some people just have good metabolisms though too, my old trainer, one I never really liked but he was amazing for how much muscle he packed into a 5-10 frame, the only guy who actually hurt to roll with because his muscles were so dense, i heard he could press 400 at one time, never saw him do it though. it's too bad he was such a punk, he fought a few big fights but he never put himself out there like the top guys did, I think he got some kind of vicarious thrill over having his fighters do his fights butI don'tnow he was a wierd one.

Back