Who's the biggest MMA overachiever? Ngannou or Lesnar?

dfoster

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Lesnar got a title shot and became champ after 2 fights in the UFC. But before that: 20 years of wrestling to get the NCAA title, years of high profile promotion by WWE, a giant PR machine. Lots of blood sweat and tears. So it actually took a lot of work for him to get to a UFC HW title shot. Spent tons of money putting together his own camp. His only natural advantages: being a jacked white boy (deal with it!) and incredible work ethics.

Ngannou was living on the streets, never knew what MMA was. Began training 4 years ago, and not even legit training as that for we know he skipped grappling days (but not leg days). Too poor to get with a legit camp. Destroyed 2 high level opponents and got the title shot. Gave the GOAT champ as much as he can handle, probably the hardest HW title fight in years. His only natural advantages: being a big explosive black man.

I'd say Ngannou is the bigger overachiever even without a title. If there's a 'GOAT' rating for getting to a title shot, he's gotta be on top of that list.

I'd toss Darren "The Damage" Elkins in there currently as well.

Guy is on the cusp of a potential title shot, despite the fact that he doesn't do anything particularly spectacular skill-wise in the cage, and is often times out-matched against opponents on paper.

But the dudes toughness, cardio and fighting spirit allow him to overcome odds that leaves many scratching their heads over, and he finds a way to keep winning.

He is the very definition of overachiever.

Olympic Medalist

UFC World Champion

Hollywood Master Thespian

oNOsvqS.jpg

Olympic Medalist

UFC World Champion

Hollywood Master Thespian

oNOsvqS.jpg

Losenar or Ngassou.

My pick: B. Schaub.

Michael Bisping

Michael Bisping
or you could say underachiever. When he was on TUF, I think everyone thought he would be champ.....then, he just kept on losing that 'big fight', had so many tries, so many fails until finally he got his fLukey shot.

Lesnar faced top comp. Right away and was able to win and defend his title.

Lesnars win over carwin is more impressive than any win Francis has.

Back