• Alanis Morissette

• Karen Carpenter

• Florence Welch

• Sinead O'Connor

• Lauryn Hill

• Annie Lennox

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
Nina Simone defecates on most y'all's microphones. She's the gatekeeper to the Aretha, Mariah, Lea Salonga, Linda Ronstadt, and Carole King Top Five In No Particular Order

5eda57b2d833f806405005f884b19d91.jpg

Whitney and Mariah probably have the best range(s) and projection. Celine used to be there, but lost a lot of that power with age, which happens a lot. Even strung out Whitney could fuck shit up so I voted for her.

Adele has a very unique sound, you hear her voice and you immediately know it’s her. The only problem is that she doesn’t deviate from it often enough to show a variability that would include her in the conversation. She has crazy awesome one take ability, look up her “ When We Were Young” live studio vid. Amazing talent. Plus, I don’t care how chubby she is or gets, would.

Last edited:
I gotta go with Whitney. She's who I grew up on. Aretha is the Queen tho. RIP

As far as pure soulful vocals goes, it'd be between Whitney, Aretha, and Mariah.

THis is not a debatable topic Whitney and Franklin are the best.

You can’t even compare the others in fact. They’re just not in the same league singing wise

Whitney. So much range and power. Shame she got caught up with that loser Bobby Brown.

Whitney and Mariah probably have the best range(s) and projection. Celine used to be there, but lost a lot of that power with age, which happens a lot. Even strung out Whitney could fuck shit up so I voted for her.

Adele has a very unique sound, you hear her voice and you immediately know it’s her. The only problem is that she doesn’t deviate from it often enough to show a variability that would include her in the conversation. She has crazy awesome one take ability, look up her “ When We Were Young” live studio vid. Amazing talent. Plus, I don’t care how chubby she is or gets, would.
Mariah isn't sounding so great these days either

Mariah isn't sounding so great these days either

Yeah, that high octave she used to hit is gone, along with her sanity apparently. She has glimpses of her old self, but she needs to get off the opiates or whatever the fuck she’s on. Celine had the career staying power, Mariah the crazy octaves, and Whitney the overall breadth of work combined with range and power. IMO Whitney takes it easily.

There were a few 90s gals like Alanis that just didn’t produce music that showcased the entirety of their talent. I heard she could actually kill it in the booth.

Yeah, that high octave she used to hit is gone, along with her sanity apparently. She has glimpses of her old self, but she needs to get off the opiates or whatever the fuck she’s on. Celine had the career staying power, Mariah the crazy octaves, and Whitney the overall breadth of work combined with range and power. IMO Whitney takes it easily.

There were a few 90s gals like Alanis that just didn’t produce music that showcased the entirety of their talent. I heard she could actually kill it in the booth.
Alanis is one of the better mezzo soprano voices out there. It think her music worked well with her voice.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
herrsackbauer
Back