Who's the Michael Jordan equivalent of boxing?

he is an interesting guy, I watched a espn docu on his baseball, they made it sound like he had a shot at becoming a good player and was improving before, what was it? the strike? I study other athletes for their character but I usually know very little about their sports, Wilt Champberlain is an interesting, legendary figure, bill russel is, walter payton is. there are traits usually that are common, but no always. Chamberlain, for example, didn't sound like the mentally toughest guy. in fact, in his bio he compares himself to Russell and says that winning wasn't as important to him, he wanted to enjoy life and he did, but what kind of champion is that. he enjoyed things though, which is why he now has the headstone that reads "finally I sleep alone". can't knock him I guess, he sounded like a force of nature physically, there are stories, verified by Arnold Schwarzenegger himself that he made Arnold look bad on the Conan set with what he could lift. funny thing was, he didn't look particularly buff or muscular but from the sounds of it, jesus, I think Arnold said something about him lifting him with one arm too. Mentally, he wasn't the killer the other guys are, they say he was rightfully afraid of hurting people because he was so much more powerful and bigger than the other guys.

and nastyneck, the reason I didn't post the sites was because you have as much access as I do and I was posting from my phone. look em up.

and nastyneck, the reason I didn't post the sites was because you have as much access as I do and I was posting from my phone. look em up.
I actually did look for them and didnt find the lists you were talking about. But whatever.
Can we shake hands and move tha fuck on already?

It pisses me off that you guys fucked up the quote bars a few pages back and neither of you fixed them. How can anyone read that?

<{katwhu}>

It pisses me off that you guys fucked up the quote bars a few pages back and neither of you fixed them. How can anyone read that?

<{katwhu}>
Tried to fix, I couldnt make heads or tails of it, dude was drunk or something.

Floyd never lost in his prime like Jordan never lost a finals
LeBron and Floyd are both hated by casuals, but they are the best of their generation

Ali and Jordan are well-respected, larger than life superstars and considered to be GOAT of their sport.

Tried to fix, I couldnt make heads or tails of it, dude was drunk or something.
who me? I don't drink, i was just jerking your chain a little and Ali will always be bigger than just about anyone. How you can quantify that today or in the past, I'm not sure if it has ever been done scientifically.

OK, so now we're using online lists? Least you could do is post the links.
I kept my search specific with, "recognizable, famous and iconic" athlete, since that's the conversation, NOT best athlete (even though Jordan runs the table on those lists at #1).

https://list25.com/25-most-iconic-athletes-in-the-history-of-sports/5/

Most Iconic in the History of Sports
#16 Ali
#1 Michael Jordan

https://bleacherreport.com/articles...-most-recognizable-athletes-in-sports-history
5 most Recognizable Athletes in Sports History
#3 Ali
#2 Jordan

https://www.draftkings.com/playbook/news/honor-ali-10-iconic-athletes-ever
10 Iconic Athletes Ever
#2 Ali
#1 Jordan

Should we continue?

All those lists seem to favour American athletes like the rest of the world don't exist, Football Players like Pele, Maradona and Ronaldo are probably bigger than many of the names on that list in worldwide terms at least. Soccer is obviously the biggest sport in the world so it should be no surprise that a footballer would be the most famous.

And as the lists are America-centric they might find that in America MJ is indeed bigger than Ali. But I can tell you worldwide Ali is much bigger.

who me? I don't drink, i was just jerking your chain a little and Ali will always be bigger than just about anyone. How you can quantify that today or in the past, I'm not sure if it has ever been done scientifically.
Makes for a worse excuse how you fuked up the quotes then...

Bullshit.
What? That a 66 year old woman who's never followed a competitive sport in her life, save for figure skating and some athletics, who I doubt has ever watched a game of basketball in her life wouldn't know who the biggest star is of some sport she has no interest or knowledge of? Yeah can't be true. Now Ali on the other hand was a global superstar who was known outside the ring. His appearances on some Britains biggest chat shows made him a household name to even those who never watched him box. But I can't ever remember Parkinson interviewing Michael Jordan. In fact I don't recall Jordan doing any of the big UK chat shows. Ali is much bigger in the UK and I think that goes for the rest of the world bar America and maybe Asia.

Makes for a worse excuse how you fuked up the quotes then...
are you expecting me to feel bad? man up dude, it's a post board, it's not 8th grade where i talked about your momma. and put some blame on yourselves, you guys didn't seem to know what criteria you wanted to use for what you were asking, hell, you might have asked who was the best looking athlete of them, ali would have won that one too.

Ali.

Jordan transcends basketball. People who have never seen a game probably know who MJ is. I think the same applies to Ali. You could argue Tyson. I don't think you could ask 100 random people on the street and they would all know who Robinson, Louis or Maywheather are.

are you expecting me to feel bad? man up dude, it's a post board, it's not 8th grade where i talked about your momma. and put some blame on yourselves, you guys didn't seem to know what criteria you wanted to use for what you were asking, hell, you might have asked who was the best looking athlete of them, ali would have won that one too.
Moz......Just take the "L" and move tha fuck on and troll someone else, you're making no sense now.

you're the one keeping it going, it must have you a little bothered, i've been out doing my thing tonight, not worrying about you or any trolling.

Back