Who's the most well-rounded among the 3: GSP, MM, Bones

Listen I can't stand GSP.

Or either of those other guys tbh. Striking is a huge park of mma and there's variables.

For example, GSP has an excellent jab and straight right.

Like, way fucking better than anything Jones or Mouse do standing. He can win pretty much all his standup exchanges with two punches.

GSP's stand up in that shallow division was cringe worthy.

Jones was a lot more eclectic.

It's Jones >>>>>>> MM >> GSP.

Jones had outstrike strikers and outwrestled wreslters

Hendricks says hello.
GSP outlanded Hendricks in sig strikes 101 to 85.
GSP outlanded Hendricks in sig strikes 84 to 52 at distance.

The only place Hendricks beat GSP in the standup was in the clinch.

GSP says goodbye.

Listen I can't stand GSP.

Or either of those other guys tbh. Striking is a huge park of mma and there's variables.

For example, GSP has an excellent jab and straight right.

Like, way fucking better than anything Jones or Mouse do standing. He can win pretty much all his standup exchanges with two punches.

GSP developed an extremely effective jab for MMA, but he didn't really have a particularly good straight right hand.

GSP > Jones --> MM

Of course MM is going to look super well rounded when he's fighting guys that can't fight back.

GSP says goodbye.

Damage says Hello.

Roided bones has amazing TDD, extremely effective striking, and amazing TDs and gnp. GSP striking is solid but not as good as MM or Jones striking. MM TDD is probably the worst of the three. I guess roided Jones is the most well rounded.

GSP says goodbye.

You do realize MMA is not all about numbers and stats. Landing a bunch of shitty jabs, receiving most of the damage and being gifted the win is how MMA is destroyed.

Hendricks crushed the boring one-dimensional GSP you so much love, and it's not even questionable.

MM. I think he's the best striker in his division, probably the best grappler as well. GSP was not. He would take down strikers and force elite grapplers to stand and strike.

Reasons (lack of):
KO power for Jones

Well i dont know if KO power should really count when considering well roundness in MMA. Jones isn't not a knockout artist since he is a smart fighter who picks apart his opponents. He has outstriked every KO artist that he has ever faced like Machida (knocked him down with a left counter), rampage, Bader, and Glover (Jones was the one landing power shots and knocked his mouth piece out). And while Jones is not a KO artist he managed to have his first KO over Daniel Cormier, who has eaten the shots of Anthony Johnson (the p4p hardest hitting fighter in MMA history twice), Roy Nelson, and Gustafsson (who landed a knee and a couple of shots that nearly finished him), and did not get KO'd.

Also Mighty mouse only really has one KO in his UFC/WEC career.

Jones
MM
GSP

Very difficult picking the 2nd and 3rd since it can easily be switched. Both GSP and MM have completely outclassed their opponents in every aspect of the game and like attacking people's strength, however MM has never been KO'd or submitted like George and is able to mix it up and get finishes. However, George has faced much better competition. GSP has faced better strikers, better grapplers, and much better wrestlers; and he still outclasses them but doesn't get the finish. Very close.

Back