Who's the most well-rounded among the 3: GSP, MM, Bones

Well i dont know if KO power should really count when considering well roundness in MMA. Jones isn't not a knockout artist since he is a smart fighter who picks apart his opponents. He has outstriked every KO artist that he has ever faced like Machida (knocked him down with a left counter), rampage, Bader, and Glover (Jones was the one landing power shots and knocked his mouth piece out). And while Jones is not a KO artist he managed to have his first KO over Daniel Cormier, who has eaten the shots of Anthony Johnson (the p4p hardest hitting fighter in MMA history twice), Roy Nelson, and Gustafsson (who landed a knee and a couple of shots that nearly finished him), and did not get KO'd.

Also Mighty mouse only really has one KO in his UFC/WEC career.

I understand your point but I'm not talking about pure strength
Just look at Silva, is he a strong guy? No. Is he a KO artist? Yes. Why? Because he has the right technique and the right timing.

Skill wise talking, if you look MM's recent fights, you can see he has improved a lot in the striking department, he clinched and kicked Cejudo to death, he rocked Reis with his punches, he landed some nasty shots on Borg and damage him. Also you have to remember he hadn't a reach advantage in any of these fights, he relays on his technique

Jones had a huge reach advantage in almost every fight, he didn't look good in the fights he had not. Would you say that he would have had the same success if his reach hadn't been superior in those fights? His striking defense would have been exposed (he doesn't have MM's footwork) and his jabs or elbows from the distance wouldn't have been very effective.
Not to mention he uses some dirty/cuestionable tactics (eye pokes, lateral kicks to the knee, shoulder crank on Teixeira) to keep the opponent away from him or avoid the exchanges.
(Btw, I'm not a Jones hater)

Been a little minute now since I've seen a discussion on "well rounded" in the McUFC.
I was beginning to think you kids had forgotten that was a thing fighters could be

MM
GSP

*Jones off the steroids doesnt belong to this list

GSP. If MM could display the same skill against even good competition it would be fair to say he is equal to GSP for skill and GOATness. GSP dominated and outclassed great fighters, champs and p4p best.

Jones would probably beat any other "Goat" candidate, so

MM
JONES
SILVA

FUCK GSP the last white hope ducks the competition when the going gets tough just to fight Bisping, afterwards will fight McGregor for a "4 division" title fight read between the lies the ufc is selling

MM
JONES
SILVA

FUCK GSP the last white hope ducks the competition when the going gets tough just to fight Bisping, afterwards will fight McGregor for a "4 division" title fight read between the lies the ufc is selling

GSP fought and defended his belt against the best for years. Don’t let your dislike for GSP cloud your judgment. Go away.

MM
JONES
SILVA

Lmao

It's hard to say because we do not know to what effect *supplements* had on JJ's performance.

Everyone can look good in the 1st round it's how you perform under fatigue, and we can't say how well JJ's does because he's cheated the system.

Between MM and GSP, I have to go with MM.

We know a great striker with great TDD can best GSP, where as MM is a great striker who is just as dangerous on the mat as GSP if not more.

GSP fought and defended his belt against the best for years. Don’t let your dislike for GSP cloud your judgment. Go away.
Compared to MM Jones and Silva he's the least impressive true he defended his belt but if y'all are quick to give him credit what will u say when Woodley does the same.
all the guys GSP beat were the contenders at the time but out of his last 10 wins he only finished 2 fights FACTS.

Hell daniel comier has more claim then GSP yet he had to defend his belt against Jones to prove whose the best . GSP where's the fire to close doubt honestly So if he's so great and confident in his skill set why isn't anyone or him ready to beat this boring champs ass to get his belt back? WHERE'S THE FIRE

Could u imagine the hate if Silva retired after Sonnen 1 or if Jones retired after the Gus fight or Johnson after the 1st Dodson fight? He has a close decision with Hendricks and goes away instead of showcasing his "superior" skill set Where's the FiRe.

So The point is true champs don't pus out when the going gets tough just to come back to fight a fucking Bisping and trust afterwards the Ufc will do Conor vs GSP it's a "money fight" and less risk for the both after Conors boxing fail George will grapple n jab while Conor is a FW he can control with a small gas tank. Less risk for both and a good way for the "fans" to forget about the bullshit entertainment show they running now.

GSP is good but not greatest as far as skill set or resume. the 3 ufc Goats are Jones MM and Silva but George is the greatest WW of all time like Aldo is the Greatest FW of all time and he fought the interim champ n lost George should leave no doubt and reclaim the belt he never lost like true champs did before

Compared to MM Jones and Silva he's the least impressive true he defended his belt but if y'all are quick to give him credit what will u say when Woodley does the same.
all the guys GSP beat were the contenders at the time but out of his last 10 wins he only finished 2 fights FACTS.

Hell daniel comier has more claim then GSP yet he had to defend his belt against Jones to prove whose the best . GSP where's the fire to close doubt honestly So if he's so great and confident in his skill set why isn't anyone or him ready to beat this boring champs ass to get his belt back? WHERE'S THE FIRE

Could u imagine the hate if Silva retired after Sonnen 1 or if Jones retired after the Gus fight or Johnson after the 1st Dodson fight? He has a close decision with Hendricks and goes away instead of showcasing his "superior" skill set Where's the FiRe.

So The point is true champs don't pus out when the going gets tough just to come back to fight a fucking Bisping and trust afterwards the Ufc will do Conor vs GSP it's a "money fight" and less risk for the both after Conors boxing fail George will grapple n jab while Conor is a FW he can control with a small gas tank. Less risk for both and a good way for the "fans" to forget about the bullshit entertainment show they running now.

GSP is good but not greatest as far as skill set or resume. the 3 ufc Goats are Jones MM and Silva but George is the greatest WW of all time like Aldo is the Greatest FW of all time and he fought the interim champ n lost George should leave no doubt and reclaim the belt he never lost like true champs did before

You’re entitled to your opinion. I do think it is comical when a random poster claims a professional fighter is a “puss” or ducking. How can you seriously claim that? He fought and beat everyone as well as avenging his losses.

One of the big reasons he is the top guy is the length of his reign in the division and at the time WW was considered to be the most stacked division in the UFC. It also had some tough guys that were not easily finished. Jones and Daniel can’t touch that defense streak. Jones is the Barry Bonds of MMA anyways and he is a bad example. Just admit you don’t like GSP and leave it at that.

You’re entitled to your opinion. I do think it is comical when a random poster claims a professional fighter is a “puss” or ducking. How can you seriously claim that? He fought and beat everyone as well as avenging his losses.

One of the big reasons he is the top guy is the length of his reign in the division and at the time WW was considered to be the most stacked division in the UFC. It also had some tough guys that were not easily finished. Jones and Daniel can’t touch that defense streak. Jones is the Barry Bonds of MMA anyways and he is a bad example. Just admit you don’t like GSP and leave it at that.

Lol no offense to most of the guys he beat but most were finished by lesser fighters before and after true he won a good resume but compared to Jones his resume isn't that impressive as well as finishing former champs.

And steroids gtfo those are black genetics the guy isn't even built or shows symptoms of steroids could u imagine if mma paid fighters like they were supposed to u would see alot of other natually talented fighters like Jones but that's not where the fan base is at.

But on the topic of steriods why are you so confident in the belief of Jones while GSP has his Pugey ass gut, back acheing and the major decline in skills while having less fight mileage and being younger then some of the the greats still competing so the guy who started off built like a black guy kicking ass doing back flips turns into a decision king who couldn't even finish Dan fucking Hardy.

So if Jones took steroids why weren't he positive beforehand especially after the Gus fight when he couldn't even fart in the wrong direction if u don't trust the test in the past before USADA then wouldn't that descredit other top fighters like GSP who would know how to mask a test as well?

But true the whole coke thing is a knock on Jones and it lost me as a fan but be foreal this company AND president has continued to lie to the fans and has showed time and time again about not giving a fuck about whose the best fighters in each division are.

it's about getting money looking at the marketing strategy the ufc is driving Jones doesn't fit into that so destroying his image is the only way to silence him nobody can beat him and it's working with "fans" like you why were the results released the week of the McGregor vs mayweather fight ?

He has looked the same in all his fights physic wise and skill set wise not to mention these tests has fucked up the images of Cung Li and Romero even after their innocence was proven no-one cared. Lol the guy sworn on Jesus black people don't play with shit like that if u care to debate we can go on but that's another subject.

Now on to Comier the guy who won the heavyweight tournament that had Fedor Overeem and Werdum, defeated Bigfoot after he smashed Fedor then threw Josh Barnett fat ass in the air, later dropped to light heavyweight to win the title only losing to 1 person twice while pushing 40 not the to mention his wrestling creditionals I don't even like the guy but you act as if GSP is some special fighter than the rest.

He honestly just played the game right I give him credit for winning as a fighter but his resume is no better than Cormier resume we can compare the top 5 wins of both not even talking about the way the fights ended
(GSP: Hughes, Penn, Shields, Diaz, Hendricks )
(Cormier: Silva, Henderson, Mir, Barnett, Gus )
(Jones: Shogun, Cormier, Machida, Rampage, Belfort)

We can go on I don't hate the guy just the fact that when the best fighters have challenged themselves and gave the fans a show and not cut every corner to protect his "legacy". He has showed pus tendacys 3 times and everyone turns a blind eye.

The Silva fight not happening, leaving the sport after a controversial decision instead of a rematch, and choosing to fight Bisping instead of closing doubt on the belt he never lost when he knows he isn't going to fight the contenders in either weight class or even the Champ Woodley.

Comparing to Silva could u imagine George taking a 2 day notice fight against a champ a weight class above who strengths are his weakness and still managing to take minimum damage you'll never see GSP vs Romero, Rochold, or Whitaker.

Could you imagine if he was facing adversity for 23 mins could he pull the fire out and come back like a true champ and win or would he fold under pressure like he has did after a couple mins from Serra
Even though he wrestles and controls his opponents where's the ambition and belief in skills to finish the fight and leave no doubt like Johnson and the others I mentioned that's the reason people love Fedor he will put his soul on the line just to prove he's the best even when he has lost a step

hell I can't stand him but even McGregor challenged his ufc legacy boxing but the fact he showed heart was enough
I can break it down in boxing terms for you while im at it 40 year old mayweather took a chance against a prime McGregor and went for the finish instead of trying to point fight if you don't see my point of having the Champ mentally then maybe I'm just a GSP hater fuck em.

Last edited:
XZqYiQP.jpg

Roy Nelson is the most well rounded fighter if ufc history.

Guys at lighter weights tend to be more well coordinated.....

MM
GSP
Jones

Back