Who's your favorite boxer of all time?

My good friend worked security in Vegas for a lot of the big fights and got to know a lot of the fighters... he told me of all the guys he met, the two nicest guys were Johnny Tapia and David Tua.
Yea i don't doubt that I spent a lot of my childhood in ABQ. Out there Tapia is revered, when I was in school all the kids who wanted to be tough would claim to have sparred with Tapia or have a cousin that had trained with Tapia etc..
There are a lot of stories on him being a pretty nice and gregarious guy, even on the street in Burque you could always hit him up for an autograph or a shout out.

Tyson and Roy Jones jr for me as I grew up watching them.

My top 6:
Tyson
Duran
Ali
Roy Jones
JC Chavez
Macho Time

1 - Marvin Hagler
2 - Fighting Harada & Wilfred Benitez (tie)
3 - Khaosai Galaxy
4 - Julian Jackson
5 - Mike Tyson

Honorable mentions: Vasyl Lomachenko, Kosei Tanaka, Veeraphol Sahaprom (great Muay Thai fighter, too) & Lennox Lewis

Most of them are heavyweights -

Of the guys I've seen on film, Patterson is one of the most aesthetically pleasing. Also a nice guy. Frazier is also great on film with the constant forward pressure.

Corbett is absolutely beautiful to watch for the old, old bareknuckle style.

Billy Edwards in the lighter weights and JL Sullivan for pre-film guys (Edwards because he was kind enough to preserve his style for posterity in a tiny Edison clip as an old man, plus a book with illustrations . And a cool mustache).

Wlad Klitschko, Foreman, Marciano, Louis, and (odd choice, I know) Calvin Brock for his careful do-it-yourself approach to developing technical skill.

"War!!!"

BGB%2BHagler%2BPizza.gif

ALI
Sugar Ray Leonard
Mike Tyson
Oscar de La Hoya (not a fan of him as a promoter though)
Erik Morales
Juan Manuel Marquez
Shane Mosley
GGG
Tua

Willie Pep
Pernell Whittaker
Mike Tyson
Ali
Naseem Hamed

Ali, Mayweather, Tyson, Canelo, Salvador Sanchez,

TOP 5 no order.

EL Finito
Sweet Pea
Roberto Duran
Lennox Lewis
Jose Naples

Id have dive deep for my top 10 but

My top 5
tito
marquez
floyd
kostya
Tapia

I might bump floyd down and slide tapia there
Damn dawg, I'm a Tapia fan too! Go figure, something about that dude!

Anyone there’s no tape of or who has a funny name. Barman did a thread on those ages ago.

Naseem hamed
Sven ottke
Dizzy
Dariusz
Chris John

Any of you saying these apart from nas are trolling Americans.

I’ve enjoyed recently watching guys like Crolla who always seem to have a war.

Stuey Hall, Curtis woodhouse.

If this is a list of elite fighters

Morales
Pac
Floyd
Finito
Barrera
Marquez and his bro
Hearns
Frazier
Ali
Galaxy
Izzy
Anyone who is clearly the better boxer who has no chin
Anyone who doesn’t say jones is lying
I guess all the four kings, but I liked hearns best.
Bruno

Fighters who were on their way to greatness and then did unspeakable crimes who I won’t list
Jack Johnson for being a badass in the era he did it
Ray Robinson for the tap dancing
Dropkick off the car ;)
Tyson fury calling a ton of people gay on live tv and then turning up to his presser in a batman outfit.
Chris Eubank sr just because.

Anyone who makes you excited for fight night regardless of if you know it will be a boring fight like pac Floyd
Or you know is going to go in there and walk out the winner even if it looks like he just got beaten up by the mob.

My favorite is obvious but don’t just fill your lists with all time greats or do the opposite like consortium used to with his list of fighters who sucked balls and should never have been licensed. I mean people like jimmy smith, the guy who has a YouTube video entitled float like a blubberfly, fall like a tree, or the guy who literally tried to jump out of the ring and got flattened.
GOLD Post!
tULsU9k.gif

Vitali, Tszyu, Aaron Pryor, Sergio Martinez, Marco Huck.

Back