Why are a lot of Fighters pro 2nd amendment and guns?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because people who understand violence understand that fighting skills become irrelevant to some extent when guns come out.
You would think that, but I’ve seen people ON HERE who aren’t TUF 336 newbs suggest that women would be better off taking a 3 day self defense seminar than getting a CCW and some range and defense training.

As a Sherbro I’ve had many of my fellow alpha’s try to “put me in my place” and bigger, stronger guys topple to my might. That only took 15 years of training, Tuesday and Thursday karate, Wednesday and friday BJJ, traveling to train with my fellow Carlson Gracie team-mates, competing in kyokushin tournaments, point sparring, training with boxers like harold brazier and staying active.

Much better solution to piss away 15 years of your social calender than to buy a handgun. Pro-tip BTW, you need to pull the trigger and release the striker on a glock to clean it. That’s a lot of the “shot himself while cleaning gun” BS. Don’t buy glock, buy a baretta

You named 1 boxer and 1 MMA fighter. I'm afraid boxing or BJJ don't really help much if the other person has a gun. Only 20% of Americans support repealing the 2nd amendment, and I doubt fighter numbers are much different.

Cuz they suck at fighting only elite mma fighters use their fist as lethal weapons...
{<jordan}

What's JJ doing with an AR then?
UFC-Fighter-Jon-Jones-with-Stag-Arms-Rifle.jpg

maybe they have a respect for the founding fathers and the constitution of the US

As said by others, anyone who fights for a living understands that guns are better tool than fists and feet. Also, a comfort level with violence that the general population probably doesn't have. Plus an inclination to believe that they are capable of solving their own altercations so long as they are prepared.

Probably has less to do with understanding the Bill of Rights and more to do with being far more violent (and often dumber) than normal people.
Are you calling them liberals?

Because fighters understand far better than most people about how vulnerable an individual person is.

Trained fighter or not, there are plenty of situations that could be resolved much more safely and effieciently with hot lead than quick hands.

A lot of professionals that make a living like that come from violent backgrounds, and feel a strong need to be able to protect themselves and not rely on something or someone else.
Intruder breaks into your home, what's quicker, calling 911, trying to explain to someone the situation, then waiting for a cop to show up, or grabbing your legal firearm?

A lot of MMA types are image driven douche bags. Same reason they all have stupid tattoos or drive jacked-up trucks despite being metrosexual urbanites. Guns purvey a certain image. But, also they are just plain fun. What I question is many of them having very articulate thoughts on the second amendment or the Constitution.

I say this as a very pro-gun man.

This... thankfully the TAPOUT/AFFLICTION BROS kind of died down but still so many wannabe tattoo bad boy type try hards around..

a lot probably got into martial arts looking to defend themselves. A gun is a pretty good thing for that

I remember Frank Mir said he doesn't go anywhere without a gun

I saw this new video of Mexican American boxing champion Mikey Garcia and he has a 2nd amendment plaque in his house explains why he supports it

Wouldn't fighters be more anti gun and stuff since they know how to fight? Why do a lot of them support gun rights.

Just because you know how to fight doesn’t mean you’re Superman. A lot of fighters are experienced enough in the world of fighting to know this.

I have experience in wrestling, judo, and mma and I’d still rather carry over get into a self defense situation without my weapon on me. There are a lot of things that can go wrong in a street fight, even for a trained fighter.

Having a gun increases your odds in any conflict. Also think about how many wannabe tough guys or actual psychopaths threaten fighters and their families.

People who live in rural areas have a far better understanding of why the 2nd amendment needs to be honored.

Where I grew up, it’s mostly farmland. One house every couple miles, lots of crop fields mixed with creeks, irrigation canals, wooded areas near all water courses, etc

Past couple years, meth has gotten really bad in that area to the point where methheads are working in groups and doing home invasions on farmers or people who just live out in the area.

The gun owners who were home when the robberies have taken place have been able to scare off or subdue the robbers, the non gun owners haven’t had very good luck and have suffered badly. Women of the house have been gang raped many times, and many of the victims have lost everything, all while being beaten and tied up.

As a result, most of the people have moved out of the area that aren’t farming. Two small towns is where all the methheads operate out of at both ends of the farming areas.

Alarms, security doors and windows and security systems don’t do much good when two cops are expected to cover a stretch of nearly 80 miles of road.

Anyone there who would choose to remain unarmed In that environment is not too bright.

Anyone who thinks everyone’s situations are the same and that gun crime is only in the cities isn’t the brightest crayon in the box.

Fighters who support gun rights probably grew up in the same situations.

I remember Frank Mir said he doesn't go anywhere without a gun

I saw this new video of Mexican American boxing champion Mikey Garcia and he has a 2nd amendment plaque in his house explains why he supports it

Wouldn't fighters be more anti gun and stuff since they know how to fight? Why do a lot of them support gun rights.

When scumbags decide to rob your house they usually travel in a pack. They are are cowards and want the odds stacked in their favor. As such, they usually are carrying a weapon. A gun for self defense makes all the deference.

A beautiful example...

Now explain to me how this small woman would have done without a gun against three men armed with guns? Would a MMA fighter have any chance against these three robbers armed with guns? If someone tried hand to hand against three guns they are dead.

You can train and train until you're the world champion, but it's not going to do you any good against someone with a gun. This isn't the movies.

Fighters are usually very manly men. Outdoorsy types. I'm sure a lot also hunt. The anti gun stuff mostly comes from limp wristed hipster types.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back