Why are a lot of Fighters pro 2nd amendment and guns?

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah thats my big fear, Guns scare me for some reason.

That boxer in the video I posted Mikey Garcia, he has a huge Ranch in redlands, California and he shoots on his ranch is that allowed in Cali? in the video he is teaching his little 4 and 5 year olds to shoot guns.

he also owns a grip of guns,why would you need that many guns, why not just get one or two at most for home protections?
lol I thought you were a conservative. you can legally shoot M16/ar-15 semi-auto and similar rifles at gun ranges in California but you have to bring another person like the gun rage in stanton California and one in santa clarita.it isn't like in vegas where you walk in by your self and you can rent a 50 .bmg. he is in the inland empire so gun laws are probably more relaxed in that county.

I remember Frank Mir said he doesn't go anywhere without a gun
that is actually not that shocking Las vegas is extremely gun friendly you can probably shoot more guns there than you can in Arizona. I like going to battlefield vegas.

lol I thought you were a conservative. you can legally shoot M16/ar-15 semi-auto and similar rifles at gun ranges in California but you have to bring another person like the gun rage in stanton California and one in santa clarita.it isn't like in vegas where you walk in by your self and you can rent a 50 .bmg. he is in the inland empire so gun laws are probably more relaxed in that county.
You a Mexican Conservative like Mikey Garcia? how many guns you got man?

Naw Im not a conservative, Im a democrat or was, I just dont care anymore and like asking Questions, I question everything, some label me a left wing not, some say im an alt righter, both sides are defensive and paranoid, I just laugh a lot of them have mental illness

Fists and feet aren't violent either. Yet they are used in violent altercations. Guns are tools for violence. Martial arts are tools for violence. It doesn't matter if the violence is in the form of self-defense or proactive assault on others or hunting. It's all violence on a 3rd party. And the greater the comfort level with violence the greater the comfort level with tools for inflicting violence. It doesn't make the person a violent person outside of those circumstances when violence is necessary.

I doubt many of us are violent individuals yet we signed up for martial arts because we recognize that there might be a time where violence is inevitable and we want to be prepared to stop violence against us and visit it upon the other party. And to do that requires that we become comfortable with violence.

I wonder if you're maybe responding negatively to the word "violence" and not the concepts that it represents (which include self-defense)?

I understand what you're saying. The point I'm trying to make is that I don't see any correlation between being a fighter and supporting gun rights. The thread starter isn't American, so it's understandable that he might percieve fighters supporting gun rights more than the average American does, but I don't see anything that supports that in reality. Most Americans support gun rights and own several guns. The TS obviously doesn't know a lot about how the average American view guns. He found it strange for parents to be teaching a child to shoot. This entire discussion is based on his pespective of being fact.

I know combat sports attract a lot of violent people. Boxing has always attracted tough and violent kids from the streets. A lot of them use it to turn their lives around, but obviously it doesn't change everyone for the better, and there are plenty of fighters who don't come from that kind of background at all. I can't remember what point I was trying to make now lol.

gotta protect yourself from random dollies getting thrown at you

A lot of MMA types are image driven douche bags. Same reason they all have stupid tattoos or drive jacked-up trucks despite being metrosexual urbanites. Guns purvey a certain image. But, also they are just plain fun. What I question is many of them having very articulate thoughts on the second amendment or the Constitution.

I say this as a very pro-gun man.

You say you’re pro gun but then accuse people you don’t even know of being image driven douche bags for owning guns? You sound like a typical “pro gun” Fud who says he supports owning hunting rifles but there’s no use for assault weapons like ARs. Keep on judging douche.

You say you’re pro gun but then accuse people you don’t even know of being image driven douche bags for owning guns? You sound like a typical “pro gun” Fud who says he supports owning hunting rifles but there’s no use for assault weapons like ARs. Keep on judging douche.

Hit a raw nerve? No, owning guns doesn’t make them image driven douche bags. I said they own guns because they are image driven douche bags. Same reason they drive jacked up diesel trucks to navigate Las Vegas. There is a distinction, and of course it is a generalization. Do you ever see them on Instagram with a beautiful bolt-action walnut stocked .270 or a Purdey over under? I don’t do Instagram so I don’t know.

I own an AR myself and think they are fun. I don’t have any practical reason to have it, well, until my homestead gets attacked; then I’ll be glad I have it.
When I see one of these ridiculous tatted up city boys out in the woods hunting out of a backpack, I’ll consider changing my opinion.

People who live in rural areas have a far better understanding of why the 2nd amendment needs to be honored.

Where I grew up, it’s mostly farmland. One house every couple miles, lots of crop fields mixed with creeks, irrigation canals, wooded areas near all water courses, etc

Past couple years, meth has gotten really bad in that area to the point where methheads are working in groups and doing home invasions on farmers or people who just live out in the area.

The gun owners who were home when the robberies have taken place have been able to scare off or subdue the robbers, the non gun owners haven’t had very good luck and have suffered badly. Women of the house have been gang raped many times, and many of the victims have lost everything, all while being beaten and tied up.

As a result, most of the people have moved out of the area that aren’t farming. Two small towns is where all the methheads operate out of at both ends of the farming areas.

Alarms, security doors and windows and security systems don’t do much good when two cops are expected to cover a stretch of nearly 80 miles of road.

Anyone there who would choose to remain unarmed In that environment is not too bright.

Anyone who thinks everyone’s situations are the same and that gun crime is only in the cities isn’t the brightest crayon in the box.

Fighters who support gun rights probably grew up in the same situations.
I live semi rural and this basicaly somes up my thoughts on gun ownership, If I have trouble at my place the police are realistically 40min to an hour away abd the closest neighbour is around 600 meters, so help isnt coming fast. The sad part is my country doesnt allow gun ownership for self defense and heaven forbid I did have to use a firearm for self defense, I would be charged and forced to prove it was lawfull

Last edited:
What's JJ doing with an AR then?
UFC-Fighter-Jon-Jones-with-Stag-Arms-Rifle.jpg
Posing like a douche?

Hit a raw nerve? No, owning guns doesn’t make them image driven douche bags. I said they own guns because they are image driven douche bags. Same reason they drive jacked up diesel trucks to navigate Las Vegas. There is a distinction, and of course it is a generalization. Do you ever see them on Instagram with a beautiful bolt-action walnut stocked .270 or a Purdey over under? I don’t do Instagram so I don’t know.

I own an AR myself and think they are fun. I don’t have any practical reason to have it, well, until my homestead gets attacked; then I’ll be glad I have it.
When I see one of these ridiculous tatted up city boys out in the woods hunting out of a backpack, I’ll consider changing my opinion.

No nerves struck. I’m not a fighter, I’m not a city boy with a jacked up diesel truck. I’m pretty country myself, but why do you have to be a country guy who hunts so you can have guns without being called a douch? Everybody from all walks of life have a good reason to own firearms, it’s called being a free American.

Guns are fun. And fighters tend to like fun stuff that has an element of recklessness to it.

Wouldn't fighters be more anti gun and stuff since they know how to fight? Why do a lot of them support gun rights.
No, fighters are alphas who want to be able to defend themselves, not beta cucks who are happy being defenseless and instead relying on others for protection.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back