Why are actors in action films so old?

matt-smith.jpg

t_03971.jpg

33ed68b29547ceda15a7e734cf87f680--zac-efron-guys.jpg

<FookIsThatGuy>

It takes time to build credibility as an action star, and then you get typecast. So, you have a lot of good action roles going to guys who have already established themselves as action stars, even though they're old.

I don't think the current state of movies helps either. The captain America guy would make a great action star, but he's played captain America 10 times, so now he's not typecast as an action star, he's typecast as captain America.

So you've seen no other Chris Evans movies? He was mega heel in his Broadway play.

So you've seen no other Chris Evans movies? He was mega heel in his Broadway play.

I saw Fantastic Four, Scott Pilgrim and Snowpiercer, but I don't think I've seen him in anything besides captain America since snowpiercer.

I saw Fantastic Four, Scott Pilgrim and Snowpiercer, but I don't think I've seen him in anything besides captain America since snowpiercer.

Gotcha. He was in Gifted, Before We Go, and a couple of other smaller films.

Because the majority of younger actors today are nothing but gay,

It turned from Schwarzenegger Stallones into gay ass Brad Pitts.

Tom Cruise
Awnold
Stallone
Bruce
Van Dam
Liam
Chan
Li
Dolph
Chuck

Have all been doing action movies for decades so it's quite believable to see them in any movie doing it because we're use to it

The rock is 46 and is considered the new age superhero
Who is Chuck

Serious answer:
It's the same reason Hollywood keeps cranking out sequels and comic book movies: no one wants to risk money on new IP or unproven talent
Look at this last weekend. The Rock is one of the most bankable stars in Hollywood and they put him in a fairly original action movie(it kinda ripped off Backdraft combined with Die Hard) that isn't an established property. It did 25 million and opened third behind Antman and Hotel Transylvania 3.

you know how musicians sign record deals for x amount of albums?

same thing. they sign actors to do x amount of movies with their studio.

that's why they keep churning out shit sandwich movies and throwing the Rock in them

Look at this last weekend. The Rock is one of the most bankable stars in Hollywood and they put him in a fairly original action movie(it kinda ripped off Backdraft combined with Die Hard) that isn't an established property. It did 25 million and opened third behind Antman and Hotel Transylvania 3.
If people want someone to blame, they need to look in the mirror

Chris Evans, Helmsworth and Pratt are the young action stars of today.

They got locked in by Disney so they can’t do much else.

Well its is mostly kids that watch action flicks, and think they are super cool.
for some reason, this post is making me laugh. because you're in a thread talking about action movies, with a bunch of 40-50 y/o men. is that irony?

It takes time to build credibility as an action star, and then you get typecast. So, you have a lot of good action roles going to guys who have already established themselves as action stars, even though they're old.

I don't think the current state of movies helps either. The captain America guy would make a great action star, but he's played captain America 10 times, so now he's not typecast as an action star, he's typecast as captain America.
I actually think of Not Another Teen Movie every time I see him lol, I think he could make a decent action star but he fits better in more dramatic/serious roles like Snowpiercer and Gifted.

I actually think of Not Another Teen Movie every time I see him lol, I think he could make a decent action star but he fits better in more dramatic/serious roles like Snowpiercer and Gifted.

Winter Soldier was a great action movie. After the whole first marvel saga ends, that's gonna be the movie that stands up best to standalone viewing, even though it's connected pretty strongly to the overarching cinema universe (that and guardians of the galaxy).

I wouldn't be surprised if he did some dramatic work to distance himself from the franchise after it ends. The kid from Twilight has had some critical success doing that. The ideal scenario would be mimicking Sean Connery, still do a few big setpiece action movies, but leave a lot of the martial arts to other people.

Back