Why are all the best mma fighters from the USA?

Why is this?

1 -Population - 323 million. This alone gives us a huge pool of talent.
2 - Wrestling is a cornerstone of MMA, and many kids learn it for free throughout their teens and into college.
3 - Wealth - more money means more time to spend on things like training.
4 - Competitive nature drilled into us since at least the 1936 Olympics.

I got to the conclusion that the normal American will never understand this, unless he plays soccer. They have a set in stone idea that atheltism as per the American definition of athwltism is what makes the difference in most sports, and that if they would throw their big athletes to soccer, they probably rule the world... imagine lebron in a soccer game lmfao... they could get the best goal keeper though...
Have you ever noticed that every popular American sport is a series of stoppages and time outs and set plays and "A word from our sponsor" every five minutes, they are so monotonous they just drag on and on and on. If you ever suffer from a case of insomnia just try and watch a baseball game, they're painful to watch.
When Americans complain about "soccer" being low scoring what they fail to realize is that's the whole point as the game is always on a knife edge and its like watching high speed chess where a single mistake can loose you the game, not this lets see who can get to 50 points the quickest nonsense that Americans seem to be obsessed with.

Cant forget the bear Khabib, and everyones favorite irishman.
Damn right, nobody fucks with Liam Neeson..
tenor.gif

Most popular sports are:

Football
Cricket
Field Hockey
Tennis
Volleyball.

America sucks at all of them.

By and large, American men do not play most of those sports. Most of us stop playing soccer (football) as soon as we're too old for juice boxes and orange slices. When was the last time England had a competitive World Cup or Olympic soccer team?

On topic, population, access to training, and folkstyle wrestling are the three primary reasons America has a lot of successful MMA fighters.

Last edited:
Because it’s not my retarded thread it’s yours. Nobody gives a fuck about baseball outside America and using it as some sort of evidence is dumb

Or south/central america, or Japan, or China. I think baseball is more widespread than you realize.

Americans suck at football so they invented other sports they could win, even called one of them football. Nobody cares about American football or baseball but they like basketball so now the USA isn't even the best at basketball.

lol, except for the part where we are still the best at basketball. I guess winning 6 of the last 7 gold medals in the Olympics doesn't count.

USA has the best supplementation.

and the best non-american athletes get shut down by USADA.

You can't spell USADA without USA.

USA has the best supplementation.

and the best non-american athletes get shut down by USADA.

You can't spell USADA without USA.

Yeah, because the first two letters in USADA stand for United States...

Or south/central america, or Japan, or China. I think baseball is more widespread than you realize.

if you mean by southamerica venezuela, because not one single country in the whole rest of southamerica gives a rat ass fuck about baseball, not one.

1. Pro boxing has always been allowed. Unlike in many parts of Europe.
2. College wrestling must be a huge factor
3. High public interest in junior sports. There are no popular highschool or college teams in most countries in europe. The mere fact that many schools have teams and tournaments that are taken very seriously (unlike in Sweden where I'm from, where they are mostly for fun) just make sports a more serious and top of mind thing for kids, which leads to creating more athletes.
4. The US is a big ass market, meaning becoming a pro athlete is actually a serious career possibility.

Why does an american org that largely recruits americans have mainly american champs and elites etc ? Hmmmmm its a mystery scooby

Eastern Europe actually dominates the world scene in wrestling, boxing and Judo.

If there were 300+ Eastern Europeans in the UFC then the entire face of the sport would change.

It's just not profitable for these people to fight in the States.

Eastern Europe actually dominates the world scene in wrestling, boxing and Judo.

If there were 300+ Eastern Europeans in the UFC then the entire face of the sport would change.

It's just not profitable for these people to fight in the States.
latest

Look at all the top UFC guys in the present and also in the past. Most are American. It seems to be the same in boxing. Why is this?

It seems in general that USA produces better athletes in most sports. Is it because the US funds athletes more than other countries? I mean the only other country that really produces any good fighters is Brazil and it has come to light that most Brazilian fighters failed USADA testing.

Why is it that most other countries can’t really reach the standard of skills and toughness that USA fighters have? Will it ever change? It would be nice if other countries could produce fighters who could keep up with the American guys.
I think a lot of counties are playing catch up.

You have wrestling in school (we dont here in the UK) and obviously it's a fantastic base for MMA.... Sorry I mean UFC.

And you're a big country with a big population with a large genetic pool for talent to evolve from.

Some great and long established gyms, the first bjj professors migration to USA before other countries??

I don't know - props to you for sure. And I look forward to other countries catching up... One day

Back