Why are all the best mma fighters from the USA?

Anderson
Fedor
GSP
Aldo
Jones

1 of the top 5 of all time is American. 2 Brazilians a Russian and a Canadian.

But UFC is the biggest organisation and US based. Not surprising there are a lot of top American fighters.

Because the USA is the best country in the world.

Pretty sure Americans have failed more USADA tests than Brazilians, bud.

USA is 325 Million people. Brazil is like 207 Million.

We have the best athletic programs, the most genetic diversity, and we have money.

Facts.

USA is 325 Million people. Brazil is like 207 Million.

We have the best athletic programs, the most genetic diversity, and we have money.

Facts.

As a proud American, nothing you said disputes what he said.

The fact is, more Americans HAVE failed drug tests

Have you ever noticed that every popular American sport is a series of stoppages and time outs and set plays and "A word from our sponsor" every five minutes, they are so monotonous they just drag on and on and on. If you ever suffer from a case of insomnia just try and watch a baseball game, they're painful to watch.
When Americans complain about "soccer" being low scoring what they fail to realize is that's the whole point as the game is always on a knife edge and its like watching high speed chess where a single mistake can loose you the game, not this lets see who can get to 50 points the quickest nonsense that Americans seem to be obsessed with.
<{anton}>

As a proud American, nothing you said disputes what he said.

The fact is, more Americans HAVE failed drug tests

There are more fighters in the US by far, so of course. I am not disagreeing with that. I was just mainly answering why the best fighters come from the US.

MMA unified rules in a cage heavily favors wrestling and we have some of the best wrestlers on the planet. It's as simple as that. There is also a nice variety of trainers for bjj and muay thai now.

American-Olympic-Medalist-in-Weightlifting-Infographic.jpg

Why does America suck so much at weightlifting? The only medals we've won since 84 (when the Soviet nations boycotted) was in 2000, which was won by a female. No American male has won a medal since '76 (84 doesnt count because of the boycott).

The same reason why we're the best at American Football and boxing.... because we're the best at the most exciting sports

Eastern Europe actually dominates the world scene in wrestling, boxing and JUDO

Except judo is still dominated by Japan. As is female wrestling. They also excel in the lower weights in boxing.

Speaking of Japan, they are also the most successful nation in the relatively short history of the World Baseball Classic, the tournament with the best pro players in the world.

The biggest singular reason for the American success in MMA is popularity. And lack of in the rest of the world. I'm not sure if many Americans realize how non-existant it really is elsewhere.

The U.S. is not a country that emphasizes education, intellectual growth, knowledge of the arts, or enlightened/progressive thinking. Conflict and athletics are pushed from an early age in the U.S. One result of this is excellence in combat sports.

Jarl

First world country with top 5 (I think third overall) in population

Quite simply, more athletes with better access to world class training.

Except judo is still dominated by Japan. As is female wrestling. They also excel in the lower weights in boxing.

Speaking of Japan, they are also the most successful nation in the relatively short history of the World Baseball Classic, the tournament with the best pro players in the world.

The biggest singular reason for the American success in MMA is popularity. And lack of in the rest of the world. I'm not sure if many Americans realize how non-existant it really is elsewhere.

Sorry, you are definitely correct, I should have said Eastern Europe/Asia. Lots of great wrestlers in Turkey, Iran ,etc as well. It's an incredibly untapped market for MMA - mostly because, as you said, MMA is non-existent there.

Back