Why are both sides more openly Racist than 8 years ago?

Try 1982

rockyapollo_original.gif

True story.

My favorite Rocky is Rocky 4, the hilarity of the notion that a boxer could somehow end the Cold War for the home team, combined with the single minded and yet genuine American patriotism is always oddly inspiring.

An absurdist triumph of cheap American film jingoism and yet oddly of real love. Five stars.

True story.

My favorite Rocky is Rocky 4, the hilarity of the notion that a boxer could somehow end the Cold War for the home team, combined with the single minded and yet genuine American patriotism is always oddly inspiring.

An absurdist triumph of cheap American film jingoism and yet oddly of real love. Five stars.
100% agreed. All time GOAT sports training montages too.

It's hard to tell, but the definition of racism seems to be getting wider and wider and more and more used as a generic insult and form of demonizing the other, so even if things stayed the same you could double the amount of racists simply by changing the definition of the word.

Really everyone on the planet could be racist given enough looseness with the term.

100% agreed. All time GOAT sports training montages too.

Absolutely.

All to the theme of American free ingenuity in the face of Commie caused adversity vs. Commie Russian robotics, chemicals, and godless science building a soulless uber mensch.

Spoiler alert: Freedom wins bigtime with guts, glory, and two big fists.

What could ever be so wonderfully American?

It is the Animal Farm of U.S. popular culture.

The million man march and the rise of the Nation of Islam. Then Obama and the growth and nurturing of racist groups like BLM; basically racist politics from Democrats and the left generally.

And the vast majority of the right aren't racist.

But low and behold, in here when there was a poll saying should white people be made to feel uncomfortable, look who voted yes.

http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/nba-coach-white-people-need-to-be-made-uncomfortable.3628415/

Damn, you are an utter, total partisan hack.

I'm tired of hearing about how bad i am coz i'm a caucasian male. Seems to be particularly bad on some campuses in America. You should never judge past events or people from the past by modern day standards, few people can ever come out smelling of roses.

Of course there has always been white privelige because white have been in charge, it's the way thing happen. Yes try and make things more even for minorities but that hardly ever seems to happen around the world.
Still as we know the whites will disappear in the future and then maybe asians will get picked on?

Yeah, you just blanket generalized the left while pretending as if the right is not racist at all. Totally not something a moronic hack would do........

Meh. Democrats are far more racist generally. But no, "not all ___ are ___" on either side.

Meh. Democrats are far more racist generally. But no, "not all ___ are ___" on either side.

Which political party is represented largely by uneducated white people, which party adopted the southern strategy over 50 years ago, which side has uncontested support of white nationalist groups, and which party dominates the confederate loving south?

Which political party is represented largely by uneducated white people, which party adopted the southern strategy over 50 years ago, which side has uncontested support of white nationalist groups, and which party dominates the confederate loving south?

Ok Don Lemon.

Identity politics, from both sides can explain this. When the left makes it a point to victimize certain races while vilifying others, you have to expect a similar push back from the right.

When did the gloves come off?

People are shouting black lives matter as an excuse to trash stores and riot and solve absolutely nothing
I want to stop hearing about white privilege or disproportionate black crime. Why can’t we take the Morgan Freeman approach and start ignoring race?

Both sides.

Both sides?

Disproportionate black crime is based on statistical facts.

White Priviledge is some bullshit Marxist narrative

Both sides?

Comparing the two makes no sense to me whatsoever.

One is a claim founded on empirical evidence.

The other is an abstract notion founded in wonky social "observations".

When did the gloves come off?

People are shouting black lives matter as an excuse to trash stores and riot and solve absolutely nothing.

Meanwhile the right is emboldened by the President himself putting down immigrants, white supremacists and racial “realists” are out marching in the street.

I thought Obama’s Presidency was about leaving race behind and trying to look at every one of us as Americans, whether Black or white or brown.

I want to stop hearing about white privilege or disproportionate black crime. Why can’t we take the Morgan Freeman approach and start ignoring race?

Both sides.
I've wondered about this too and started a thread asking a very similar question.

I think it started with the various black men who died at the hands of law enforcement, some the officer's fault and some not. But I think the tipping point was the Philando Castile shooting. Apparently he was an unarmed black person who was shot and bled to death live on video in his car. I imagine this is horrifying and traumatizing to watch (which is why I never viewed it) and likely turned normal protests and discussions into violence and reverse-racism. Which is horrifying in its own right.

Both sides?

Black crime and white privilege are both racist narratives that can be supported by disingenuous "factual" arguments. It's best not to fall victim to either.

Back