Why are both sides more openly Racist than 8 years ago?

Also:

White privilege is real
Disproportionate black crime is real

and both can be solved, or exacerbated, by public policy and more just distribution of resources and allocation of political rights. So long as white privilege exists in the form of white control of resources and ownership of capital, so will racial stratification in the form of disproportionate black crime. It's fine that persons who are ignorant of the former still talk about the latter, but if you really want to address one you have to consider the other.

From the outside, the term “white privilege” is the dumbest, most inflammatory, isolating and repelling term about.

If it wasn’t made about race and instead about economical disadvantages of those from families with different money, then the problem would be more willing to be tackled.

Nobody wants to be viewed as privileged and wants to be merited on their own positive traits alone.

A lot of whites grew up dirt poor and with not much opportunity.

In my opinion, if removing the terms “white” and “privilege” and replacing them with terms that make it easier for people to get behind a system that distributes wealth, education and positive moral support to impoverished areas so that all children have a fair chance in life, then there wouldn’t be as much backlash or racism to begin with.

Try 1982

rockyapollo_original.gif
Maybe. But it peaked in '87.
gallery-1457975259-armwrestle.gif

When did the gloves come off?

People are shouting black lives matter as an excuse to trash stores and riot and solve absolutely nothing.

Meanwhile the right is emboldened by the President himself putting down immigrants, white supremacists and racial “realists” are out marching in the street.

I thought Obama’s Presidency was about leaving race behind and trying to look at every one of us as Americans, whether Black or white or brown.

I want to stop hearing about white privilege or disproportionate black crime. Why can’t we take the Morgan Freeman approach and start ignoring race?

Both sides.

Who is racist? BLM was a retarded politically funded movement.

There is no white supremacist movement.

-identity politics started by obama
-wide spread use of social medias

From the outside, the term “white privilege” is the dumbest, most inflammatory, isolating and repelling term about.

If it wasn’t made about race and instead about economical disadvantages of those from families with different money, then the problem would be more willing to be tackled.

Nobody wants to be viewed as privileged and wants to be merited on their own positive traits alone.

A lot of whites grew up dirt poor and with not much opportunity.

In my opinion, if removing the terms “white” and “privilege” and replacing them with terms that make it easier for people to get behind a system that distributes wealth, education and positive moral support to impoverished areas so that all children have a fair chance in life, then there wouldn’t be as much backlash or racism to begin with.

I'll agree with most of this. Money divides people more than race does.

There's still no denying that black people commit more crimes and more violent crimes. But probably because of poverty and not knowing another way.

Like working 60 years and having your pension taken away because we gotta pay for stuff like elections and fighting wars against countries that we are not and have no reason to be at war with.

I think these honky ass fuckers are committing worse crimes though.

Stealing not millions, but billions in tax payer money for fake charity and fake causes they don't care about.

Black crime and white privilege are both racist narratives that can be supported by disingenuous "factual" arguments. It's best not to fall victim to either.

Black on white crime is 25 times more likely than white on black crime.

White Priviledge... is "hard work and obeying the law" Priviledge

Asian Americans outperform white people in every metric of "Priviledge". How do you explain that?

I've wondered about this too and started a thread asking a very similar question.

I think it started with the various black men who died at the hands of law enforcement, some the officer's fault and some not. But I think the tipping point was the Philando Castile shooting. Apparently he was an unarmed black person who was shot and bled to death live on video in his car. I imagine this is horrifying and traumatizing to watch (which is why I never viewed it) and likely turned normal protests and discussions into violence and reverse-racism. Which is horrifying in its own right.

The cop that shot him wasn't white.

Black crime and white privilege are both racist narratives that can be supported by disingenuous "factual" arguments. It's best not to fall victim to either.

This is not entirely true. Crime stats can be measured, it is far more difficult to sincerely quantify nebulous notions of "privilege".

This is not entirely true. Crime stats can be measured, it is far more difficult to sincerely quantify nebulous notions of "privilege".
It is entirely true. The flaw in racism is causation-correlation, meaning that you cite statistics then draw incorrect conclusions from them. I've had this discussion many times and I know a lot about this topic.

Black on white crime is 25 times more likely than white on black crime.

White Priviledge... is "hard work and obeying the law" Priviledge

Asian Americans outperform white people in every metric of "Priviledge". How do you explain that?
Start by reviewing what I said in post 49. It's only a few sentences, but if you're smart you can see immediately where the flaw is in the conclusion you're trying to draw.

Social media amplifies our moral grandstanding. Thus dividing us more effectively.

When did the gloves come off?

People are shouting black lives matter as an excuse to trash stores and riot and solve absolutely nothing.

Meanwhile the right is emboldened by the President himself putting down immigrants, white supremacists and racial “realists” are out marching in the street.

I thought Obama’s Presidency was about leaving race behind and trying to look at every one of us as Americans, whether Black or white or brown.

I want to stop hearing about white privilege or disproportionate black crime. Why can’t we take the Morgan Freeman approach and start ignoring race?

Both sides.

The "alt right" is a small minority of the right despite what left-wing media would have you believe. The unhinged "racism" of the left is far more prevalent.

Thread title is an example of begging the question : framing a topic in a way that assumes answers.
Such as the notion propounded in the title that predisposes people to engage based on its information.

Here we go again with another one of these pseudo-intellects.

You are incorrect.

Lol.
Well, since you know so much, what incorrect conclusions do I draw?
Yesterday, I waved hello to an Asian person who was asleep, and they didn't wave back to me. This means that Asian people are rude and won't return friendly gestures.

What's wrong with my logic there?

The racism and sexism towards white men is following the path of dehumanizing and genocidal behavior, but it can't be the MOST inflammatory and repelling until the actual thing has happened. In the same way that drawing swatistikas on Jewish people's doors is more inflammatory and repelling than a garden-variety racial slur.

Racial "realists"? That's a new one to me. Sounds like a long way of saying racists

As Nick Griffin one said, you have to use "saleable" words so you don't look like an obvious racist.

Start by reviewing what I said in post 49. It's only a few sentences, but if you're smart you can see immediately where the flaw is in the conclusion you're trying to draw.

What are you asking me? Be specific.

Here we go again with another one of these pseudo-intellects.

Yesterday, I waved hello to an Asian person who was asleep, and they didn't wave back to me. This means that Asian people are rude and won't return friendly gestures.

What's wrong with my logic there?

It seems you're confused.
I asked a question. Do you have an answer?

Back