Why are no UFC Welterweights or Bellator welterweights built like Askren?

that always confused me. how how someone be a natural 155lb fighter when they naturally weight 175lb?
Because most of Sherdog is of the opinion you need to be .04% body fat and cutting 20 pounds of water weight to be in your "natural" weight class.

There's levels to it, and Askren is at a much lower level than the UFC fighters.

If you're insinuating PED usage in thenother orgs, I'd point out that Barnett is one of the worst career long cheats and has never looked much better than the Michelin Man.

To be fair there are different types of steroids, some to build power and speed while others used for cutting weight and increasing endurance. Barnett was busted for the latter. He used them partially to make weight

Lol at people thinking Askren has bad body

You are like teenage girls getting affected by looking at too many magazines

Barnett was busted for the latter. He used them partially to make weight
So, what you're saying is, he's naturally too big even for the heavyweight division?

LOL what?!

20140529073454_Askren_and_Abbasov.JPG

PVXUFLOEYEZANJL.20120407081524.jpg

BenAskrenSantos.jpg
And if pictures aren't enough :

The ONE Championship welterweight champion was supposed to defend his belt n a rematch with Luis Santos at ONE: Pride of Lions on Friday in Sinapore. The title, however, was taken off the table when Santos missed weight by two pounds (172) Thursday. Askren gave "Sapo" a chance to fight anyway -- provided the Brazilian did not weigh more than 190 pounds in a second weigh-in Friday morning.
https://www.mmafighting.com/2015/11...off-one-boss-disgusted-by-luis-santos-actions

that always confused me. how how someone be a natural 155lb fighter when they naturally weight 175lb?
They can't, LW's are natural MW's, WW's are natural MW's and LHW's, most at MW and over are probably naturally small HW's.

Askren on the Kelvin diet?

If you're insinuating PED usage in thenother orgs, I'd point out that Barnett is one of the worst career long cheats and has never looked much better than the Michelin Man.
Fernando Vargas, famous steroid user and never had a toned/cut/defined physique, and had cardio issues in fights he popped dirty in. Many take roids and aren't doing so properly, plus there are dif roids for dif results/outcomes and many using, don't know how the figure out what to use and how to use it correctly.

So, what you're saying is, he's naturally too big even for the heavyweight division?

No I'm saying he has the problem Hendricks and Gastelum have, not being able to control their diet. Barnett has weighed in above 260 for some fights (just under the limit of 265).

Being big/heavy affects cardio too, I'm not surprised he took steroids for cutting weight and increasing endurance.

Back