Why are people celebrating a welterweight ragdolling a featherweight?

PubliusVentidius

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Lockhart on Rogan said that McGregor after rehydrating is 171 lbs, that's puny for LW, a lot of those guys rehydrate 30 lbs easily, so they fight at 185 or more lbs come fight night. Khabib has more fights at welterweight than at lightweight in his career, and has missed weight multiple times at lightweight. He's a natural ww more than a lw, and McGregor belongs to fw because no natural lw only rehydrates 15 lbs. The one challenging himself here was Conor, Khabib is the one avoiding people his size because he would likely be slapped around the octagon by ufc caliber welterweights he could not overpower after insane weight cuts like those at lw.
Another thing I don't understand is why people are celebrating an ugly leg humping wrestler win over a flashy exciting striker, that would be like a tennis fan celebrating some south american clay court pusher winning over Federer, or like a Mourinho team winning over Crujff's Netherlands. It's just not good for the sport from an aesthetic point of view.

The rematch is pointless because Conor will never win against a wrestler who's realistically 1 weight class above him, I also think Lee ragdolls him and realistically he can only beat strikers at lw.

they both weighed in at 155 lbs you fucking retard

ohhh after 3 days of depression, they're coming back with a vengeance!

not very eloquently, and just as illogically as ever. but back nonetheless.

McGregor should just fight at 145 again if he doesn't want to be ragdolled by the big boys.

Also, McGregor is just as big at 145 than Khabib at 155.

Regadless of whether you agree with the TS (I don't) it is hilarious to see the difference from the pre-fight narratives.

Conor was 171 pounds according to Lockhart and Khabib was 175 pounds. 4 pound difference.

If you couldn't tell that Conor was a natural lightweight in there than I don't know what to tell you. They looked like they were the exact same size.

2016 account, judging by this thread im guessing you joined sherdog cause of conor, not sure but im entertaining the idea

Lmao! these next couple of weeks are going to be great around here. Quality thread.

Conor fans melting down faster than Greenland

But it was badass when Conor drained himself into looking like an Auschwitz victim so he could beat up "midgets", right?

Apparently Conor was the LW GOAT after he beat Alvarez but now he's suddenly a FW when whooped by a non manlet.

Why do people try to pick meat from the inside of a bone. Shesh these threads.

Didn't Khabib's father state he was 175 lbs during the fight?

I'd be amazed if there was more than a 5lb difference between the two on fight night.
Both of them are natural welterweights. Both of them are big lightweights. Cry more.

Back