Why are people celebrating a welterweight ragdolling a featherweight?

ohhh after 3 days of depression, they're coming back with a vengeance!

not very eloquently, and just as illogically as ever. but back nonetheless.
Only the ones that didn't off themselves. Gotta take the bad with the good....

Lockhart on Rogan said that McGregor after rehydrating is 171 lbs, that's puny for LW, a lot of those guys rehydrate 30 lbs easily, so they fight at 185 or more lbs come fight night. Khabib has more fights at welterweight than at lightweight in his career, and has missed weight multiple times at lightweight. He's a natural ww more than a lw, and McGregor belongs to fw because no natural lw only rehydrates 15 lbs. The one challenging himself here was Conor, Khabib is the one avoiding people his size because he would likely be slapped around the octagon by ufc caliber welterweights he could not overpower after insane weight cuts like those at lw.
Another thing I don't understand is why people are celebrating an ugly leg humping wrestler win over a flashy exciting striker, that would be like a tennis fan celebrating some south american clay court pusher winning over Federer, or like a Mourinho team winning over Crujff's Netherlands. It's just not good for the sport from an aesthetic point of view.

The rematch is pointless because Conor will never win against a wrestler who's realistically 1 weight class above him, I also think Lee ragdolls him and realistically he can only beat strikers at lw.

Seemed to me the leg humper actually threw the best strikes too as McTappy almost got KO'd. But you do you boo and make excuses.

That's too much effort for trolling; and if you are not trolling, that's too much effort for your brain.

Lockhart on Rogan said that McGregor after rehydrating is 171 lbs, that's puny for LW, a lot of those guys rehydrate 30 lbs easily, so they fight at 185 or more lbs come fight night. Khabib has more fights at welterweight than at lightweight in his career, and has missed weight multiple times at lightweight. He's a natural ww more than a lw, and McGregor belongs to fw because no natural lw only rehydrates 15 lbs. The one challenging himself here was Conor, Khabib is the one avoiding people his size because he would likely be slapped around the octagon by ufc caliber welterweights he could not overpower after insane weight cuts like those at lw.
Another thing I don't understand is why people are celebrating an ugly leg humping wrestler win over a flashy exciting striker, that would be like a tennis fan celebrating some south american clay court pusher winning over Federer, or like a Mourinho team winning over Crujff's Netherlands. It's just not good for the sport from an aesthetic point of view.

The rematch is pointless because Conor will never win against a wrestler who's realistically 1 weight class above him, I also think Lee ragdolls him and realistically he can only beat strikers at lw.
I don't know wtf you're talking about, all I saw was a fight for the LW title that both guys made weight for.

Last edited:
Was he not a champion in that class once upon a time?

Then let him cut back down to the division where he isn't a .500 fighter.

lol and you guys said Conor could beat Tyron and GSP too.
4Up8.gif

This is a pointless thread, Sherdog hates Conor and it has a mob mentality. Someone just posted Conor is a natural WW for fucks sake....

I'm gutted Conor lost but not as gutted to be clutching at so many straws.

oh the excuses for conor. First it was a super heavy weight beating his ass and now it's a WW beating his ass. Not fair. lol.

Remember when everyone celebrated Conor knocking out the bantamweight Marcus Brimage?

So TS wheres that list of fighters who regain 30lbs after weigh in.

I'll wait.

Conor was 171 pounds according to Lockhart and Khabib was 175 pounds. 4 pound difference.

If you couldn't tell that Conor was a natural lightweight in there than I don't know what to tell you. They looked like they were the exact same size.
Lol I doubt 10 lb would make or break Khabib but I don't believe for second that Khabib was 175lb in the cage. The guy has dropped out due to fucked cuts and missed weight before. He's not even shredded, his fellow countryman are known for extreme cuts. I'd be surprised if he was under 185 at fight night.

Back