Why are people mad at DJ?

How is it smaller when they’ll both weight 125 at weigh ins?

Is TJ asking for a catchweight? No

Is TJ asking DJ to step up? Hell no
Lmao.

Silva was supposedly ducking Jones/shogun all those years because he fought at LHW yet this dude gets a free pass.

Lost and is staying where he can implement his boring effective style

Don't really care enough about the guy to explain constantly, just an obvious answer on why he couldn't sell out a local civic center
Nobody wins every time (oh wait, he does). What he sells or what he doesn't has shit to do with "challenging himself", he could fight on the HW division and you would still be a dick towards him.

Keep hating.

Because he isn’t fun.
He’s annoying.
He’s boring.
And he says what he’s “not” gnna do

Nobody wins every time (oh wait, he does). What he sells or what he doesn't has shit to do with "challenging himself", he could fight on the HW division and you would still be a dick towards him.

Keep hating.

Not really, then he would be dominating a harder division. But he's tiny and they look un-proportioned so it's more comical than taking it serious. His team should pull him out in a wagon.

TJ has clear contenders in his own weight class, and more than one of them at that. He has the Garbrandt rematch, and Riviera or Moraes could easily be next in line. He's the one ducking people. If he wants a champ vs champ fight so bad, why doesn't he go up and fight Holloway?

Calling out guys from the smallest weight division is a bitch move. You shouldn't be mad at DJ for not taking the fight, you should be disappointed that the first thing TJ did on winning the belt was call out a flyweight.

If TJ makes 125, he is fighting a 125 fighter, like Reis, Borg, Joe B(former 135 title contender, so I am not sure the weight argument here if TJ makes 125), etc.

TJ has no clear #1 contender, which is why there was a fight lined up with Cruz and Rivera and Cruz bailed, so now Rivera needs a new #1 contender fight. Cody sure as hell doesn't deserve a title shot after getting KTFO in his last fight by TJ. Assuncao should be fighting Rivera for #1 contender. To sum things up, there is no #1 contender.

He should call out Holloway? The guy with the clear cut #1 contender in Ortega and before that, Edgar? The guy who isn't the #1 p4p fighter in MMA? That is a terrible argument.

I agree, I think calling out someone from a smaller division is nothing to be proud of.
except if the guy is supposedly world class. Nobody is a bitch by calling out Floyd mayweather, then facing him at equal terms. TJ is willing to do that.

Nobody called DC a bitch for dropping from HW to LHW to chase the gold.

Lmao.

Silva was supposedly ducking Jones/shogun all those years because he fought at LHW yet this dude gets a free pass.

He doesn’t get a pass
He went up and weight and knocked out the former champ like it was NOTHING.
Show me one win DJ has that’s bettrr than Forrest,hendo and franklin?

idk if you can criticize dillashaw for calling out who is no doubt the #1 P4P fighter in mma today and possibly the GOAT for a chance to be champ champ. Pretending jimmie rivera or garbrandt is a bigger challenge than DJ is foolish.

DJ refuses to understand that you get paid what you are worth and what you are worth is determined upon the business your fights do which in his case is zero business. You can't blame the UFC promotion machine when they force-feed DJ PPVs to fans that consistently do 120-150k buys. Paying DJ a million isn't worth it when it comes down to the UFC's bottom line

TJ - DJ will draw more together than either fighter does individually. This is spposedly a super fight, both fighters should be getting paid more.

He doesn’t get a pass
He went up and weight and knocked out the former champ like it was NOTHING.
Show me one win DJ has that’s bettrr than Forrest,hendo and franklin?
Sorry if I didn't word it right, I was saying DJ gets a free pass on not taking the tj fight where people say Silva fucked shogun/Jones.

Even though he beat the champ one fight off. Also rashad and Thiago Silva both said no to a Silva fight.

Because he's like 3 feet tall and they think they can stomp them.

FTFY
The reality is not only would he destroy most Sherdoogers 3 x his size but so would many straw weight women in the UFC. I met DJ in Vegas and he seemed like he is a pretty nice guy. As small as he is I am not at all ashamed to admit he would easily have me tapping or KO'd if he chose to.

TJ - DJ will draw more together than either fighter does individually. This is spposedly a super fight, both fighters should be getting paid more.
hypothetically put DJ-TJ as a main event on their own PPV and not banking off of 226's main event- how many PPVs does that do? I doubt it does anymore than 350k at the very very most. They should be paid more for this super fight but the business it does doesn't equal to the seven figures each fighters seems to be seeking

Calling out guys from the smallest weight division is a bitch move.

A) DJ fought at BW for 5 years (2007-2012). You could argue he went down to beat on smaller dudes, right? I mean if TJ is...

B) It's only a ten pound difference, ya fucking goof. It's not like a HW calling out a LHW or MW.

C) Stop white knighting the manlet.

D) It's time for him to fight some legit competition.

hypothetically put DJ-TJ as a main event on their own PPV and not banking off of 226's main event- how many PPVs does that do? I doubt it does anymore than 350k at the very very most. They should be paid more for this super fight but the business it does doesn't equal to the seven figures each fighters seems to be seeking
If thats true it doesn't make sense to make the fight in the first place. It will probably mess up one division for 0 financial gain.

If TJ is going to drop the weight and make 125, DJ should fight him. That said, it is pretty lame that a newly crowned champ at 135 immediately wants to go to 125.

LOL, there are no contenders in his division, Garbrandt got spanked without a single successful title defence, Cruz has been out for like a year AGAIN, Rivera is the only guy and honestly who wants to see that fight over DJ? DJ is just being a drama queen and bitching out

If thats true it doesn't make sense to make the fight in the first place. It will probably mess up one division for 0 financial gain.
mess up what division? both are stale already

Because he´s so small, pisses me right off

Back