Why are people mad at DJ?

This is bullshit. And most of what you said is bullshit. DJ is not just any fighter, he’s the p4p best and maybe the goat. Calling him out is not a bitch move lol, but takes big balls. And weight isn’t a factor because 1. TJ is coming down to 125, not asking DJ to go up, and 2. DJ used to fight at 135. Did people say Machida was pulling a bitch move when he went down to 185? Or for guys like Couture and Cormier to go from Heavyweight to light heavyweight? This is ridiculous.

And no, besides Garbrant there is no one interesting for TJ to fight at 135 right now. I’m honestly stunned by how afraid DJ fans are of this TJ fight, I think this is literally the first time in history that mma fans have become angry (fearful) at another fighter for calling out their guy and threading to come to their weight class to take that belt.

Exactly!!! MM fans a scared of the fight. would people have been mad is when GSP was in his prime Anderson said he was going to drop to 170(drooping to the weight class is very important!!!!!) and fight GSP? No everyone would have been excited. How about if one of the many LHW who were champ when Anderson was the MW champ said they would drop down to 185.

It's crazy to see fans of a fighter they say is the goat not want to see him fight another fighter at his weight class!

IMO, if you are champion and wish to challenge another champion, you are already #1 contender

So if they booked Whittaker v McGregor at UFC 224 - they are both champions, and with Conor's time off, he's most likely walking around above 170, bearing in mind he weighed in at 168 for the Diaz fight, when he was in shape - you'd be ok with that as a legitimate title fight? Come on man...

So if they booked Whittaker v McGregor at UFC 224 - they are both champions, and with Conor's time off, he's most likely walking around above 170, bearing in mind he weighed in at 168 for the Diaz fight, when he was in shape - you'd be ok with that as a legitimate title fight? Come on man...

Be fucking serious. Plus, I'm sure Whitaker walks around at 200+ pounds, which is what Conor was doing for the Diaz fight (not cutting weight, but Diaz had to). Conor was not and never will be champ at 170.

Within 1 weight class either way. If you want to challenge the champ 1 up or 1 down you should be able to do so without waiting or taking fights at that weight class.

Be fucking serious. Plus, I'm sure Whitaker walks around at 200+ pounds, which is what Conor was doing for the Diaz fight (not cutting weight, but Diaz had to). Conor was not and never will be champ at 170.

Within 1 weight class either way. If you want to challenge the champ 1 up or 1 down you should be able to do so without waiting or taking fights at that weight class.

You said he's the number one contender at 170. And , according to your rules 145, apparently. Although TJ is also the number one contender at 145, so that creates a problem. And Whittaker is also the number one contender at 170.

You see what happens when you come out with nonsense? If you want a title shot, fight in that division.

Same old double standard shit on sherdog. If Tyron wants a fight with Conor, people bitch at Tyron. If TJ wants to fight Dj, people bitch at DJ. What's the science behind that??
maxresdefault.jpg

I find his personality dull and his beard is stupid..
Other than that.
I'm just indifferent to him.

TJ situation have nothing to do with DJ ducking though, it's not up to DJ to play matchmaker in the BW division, and TJ didn't call out DJ to fight at BW wich would be a bitch move, he is the one moving down, and it's obvious there is no better contender right now at flyweight than TJ if he make the cut

You said he's the number one contender at 170. And , according to your rules 145, apparently. Although TJ is also the number one contender at 145, so that creates a problem. And Whittaker is also the number one contender at 170.

You see what happens when you come out with nonsense? If you want a title shot, fight in that division.

You're being such a fucking idiot. Looking for imaginary loopholes.

IF a champ wants to challenge a champ 1 weight class higher or 1 weight class lower (remember, I fucking wrote "IF") that champ should be considered the #1 contender and not have to take any other fights at that weight class first.

What is so fucking hard for you to understand? IF (fucking wrote "IF" again) TJ wanted to challenge for the 145 belt, he should be considered the #1 contender and get a titleshot. My point is not that fucking difficult to understand. You want to bring up Conor challenging at 185? Nowhere in same fucking galaxy as what I wrote.

If Whitaker become champ and wants to challenge Woodley, I say fuck yeah let him go straight to a title shot.

You act as if this would become rampant or something. Very few champs have the balls to challenge another champ. It has only happened a few times. TJ hasn't made a peep about 145. Conor hasn't made a peep about 170. Why? They know better.

I truly believe the only reason why DJ fans don't want to see this fight is because they are scared that the guy they live vicariously through may lose.

Back