Why are people so spiteful on the internet?

Steven_Universe

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
In before:

You sound poor, your girlfriend will give you an iPad, your wife is getting BBC on the side.

I remember when people used to pride themselves over driving other forum members to suicide.

I’ve been going through steps to be a better man and be more encouraging and supportive of others, even on the internet.

Let’s bring an end to the negativity.

Most of the stuff you mentioned is just harmless jokes and I doubt a lot of people take it seriously. I've never ever seen anyone encouraging suicide or bragging about it on this forum (though I do remember one guy claiming some coach killed himself just to draw attention). When a poster on this forum actually tried to kill themselves, the whole forum (or at least Mayberry) mobilized to prevent it from happening iirc.

I don't mean to patronize you or anything but seeing things in a more positive light would definitely help you becoming a better person.

Because they can't lash out to their wives/shitty boss that they blame for their lives misfortune.

Because you touch yourself at night.

The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation.

In before:

You sound poor, your girlfriend will give you an iPad, your wife is getting BBC on the side.

I remember when people used to pride themselves over driving other forum members to suicide.

I’ve been going through steps to be a better man and be more encouraging and supportive of others, even on the internet.

Let’s bring an end to the negativity.
Sherdog has some of the most rude despicable people Ive ever saw anywhere. When they say something that bothers just just put them on the ignore list.

Mostly it’s a reflection of their own self hatred. There’s a heightened effect on the internet (especially forums) because of the anonymity. You’ll likely never meet your tormentor, and they know it.

For guys who are new to forums and other internet sites that give users protection under the veil of anonymity, it’s hard to realize that most people are just busting balls because you lose a lot of the social cues through text. You’ve got to read between the lines and just know that you’re going to come across some dummies here and there.

The OT on this site used to be ruthless back in the day, and yes people advocated for others to kill themselves regularly. Mods stayed on top of it for the most part. I even recall a whole year where “Go drink bleach,” was a common thing to say (probably 2005-2007) on here and all over the internet. I think it got so bad the the saying, and sayings like it, were written into the rules of the forum as an almost immediate ban.

The new cool thing is to call people a racist, homophobe, xenophobe, bigot, etc if you disagree with them.

Last edited:
The internet mindset = YouTube comment section

If you’re bored check out the comments on the TMZ site. Racism is alive and well

You sound well off, your girlfriend will give you the love and loyalty you deserve, and your wife's faithfulness is above reproach.

I've only seen one person get truly offended on here. Some newer female who you can tell is a feminist. No idea why she is on here.

The internet is the greatest pron resource of all time so what you're seeing is probably that post-fap self-loathing and bitterness

Easier to talk shit without having to worry about getting their teeth slapped out of their mouth

They were abused and think that if they pay the abuse forward that will magically make them not a big pathetic loser.

Because you can get away with it from behind your keyboard. Most of the people that lash out at others online wouldn't dare say the same things to people in person.

Back