Why are there so many odd names in UFC?

Wait to see what it looks like 20 years from now

Seriously seems like modern parents are having a contest to see who can come with the most ridiculous name. My buddy just named his daughter Soular.

"AND STILL THE UFC MW CHAMPION...... LAMPSHADE JOHNSON!"

Artist's rendition of Soular in 40 years.

4838cf8acf5769448b025afc59b04187.jpg

My name is Wade and I'm a child of an Arab mother and my father is Chamorro (Guam) descent.

My name is Alex, but it's not as cool as Mike, I wish Mike Perry was my uncle.

Have you seen what kids are being named nowadays? It's kind of how the world is today. A world beyond William, Bob, and John.

Not a single name on there that I find strange/funny. Then again I'm not easily amused by anything other than my own posts.

You've met a Tyson, Forrest, Myles, Gideon, Uriah, Brock, Wade, and a guy named Kendall before?
Of that list I think Gideon is the only one I never met...but not a name I've never heard

No worse than the names you see in American Football

Ladanian Tomlinson
Carlester Crumpler
Alge Crumpler
Yancy Thigpen
Trung Candidate
Ha Ha Clinton Dix

Well, you don't want all the boring names like John Smith either, but you gotta draw the line somewhere.

I think the strange names are ok if they're readable.

Some fighters name is like a spam email on the other extreme.

Can confirm, was kid with weird name, big ears, freckles, and half Asian ancestry in Wisconsin in the 80s. I don't really know how to fight, but I can take one hell of a beating.

I want to beat the shit out of you from the description alone.

Complete randomness, oluwale bamgbose sounds awesome.

Well, fighters are kind of crazy people anyway.

Also you are discounting all the common names like Frankie, John, Michael, Peter, Jose, Alex and their variants.

Idk I was going to say because a lot are foreign but then I again I have never met another chael or Urijah or jens

Part of it is the promoter wanting fans to remember a fighter's name, be it by making it sound cooler or simpler. Go with a shorter version or a nickname. Francisco Miranda the 3rd is too damn long, Frank Mir isn't. Charlie Liddell sounds like a French puppie. Tito > Jacob (dictator/boxer).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ruckus245
Back