Why are there still Bellator events?

Bellator didn’t. PFL did. Bellator is a hollow brand. PFL signed a deal with MAX to distribute Bellator events because it’d be stupid to turn down a broadcast deal that will bring them any kind of income.
Sorry, I didn't word my last post very well. I of course know it's PFL. I just think it's interesting that MAX would be interested in buying rights to said hollow brand when for these shows where they're allegedly just playing out their contracts with European broadcasters. It makes me think that it's more than that and that they're planning to keep it alive long term. I think PFL wants to have as many separate shows as possible so they can sell to as many broadcasters as possible.

Sorry, I didn't word my last post very well. I of course know it's PFL. I just think it's interesting that MAX would be interested in buying rights to said hollow brand when for these shows where they're allegedly just playing out their contracts with European broadcasters. It makes me think that it's more than that and that they're planning to keep it alive long term. I think PFL wants to have as many separate shows as possible so they can sell to as many broadcasters as possible.

In a perfect world PFL would love to sign multiple media deals around the world under both PFL and Bellator names(ie: WWE with Smackdown and Raw). Reality is though probably after this year the Bellator name itself will disappear and the championship series will be renamed. No reason to confuse the fan base. Unless they find good media deals and sponsorship deals for both.

HBO MAX is probably paying pennies on the dollar this year to show these 8 events and the Bellator fight library. It's win for all of us.

P.S.: Saddest thing about all this is it took PFL less than six months to make money off the Bellator fight library and even get TruTV deal with the MAX deal to show rerun events and produce "top 10 KO" style shows and Viacom in 8 years or whatever couldn't even provide fans on one of there many media outlets or streaming outlets something as simple as access to the vast fight library. Hell, until Showtime it was very rare to even see a replay of an event.

The only reason the Bellator name is around is simply because they had media and sponsorship deals that they had to fulfill from Bellator. They tried avenues to get out or combine things but they said they had some sponsors and media outlets unwilling to budge or compromise on existing deals.

Makes total sense that after that is completed Bellator will become something like PFL Championship series or something. Only way it sticks around with the Bellator name is if they can actually get some separate media deals for Bellator series (ie: think like TKO Holdings/WWE with Smackdown and Raw media deals).
When this happens they have belts in the Champions series and a Trophy for the tourney winners

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back