Why are we so soft on employers who hire illegals?

I bring this up all the time.

If you really want to tackle illegal immigration you need to go after it at both ends, both the source and the incentives.

We don't and can't control the source, the countries these people come from nor can we control the free will of foreign born nationals.

We can however police the incentives, illegal employers.
Well, thats the hitch isnt it?

If it really is a "problem", the solution is easy.

But thats not whats going on. The cheap labor is necessary for the type of capitalism we are involved in. Those hiring are also funding local and national political offices. On both sides.

So it turns into a "social" issue infinitely argued by both sides in a political sphere "sanctuary cities" "they're taking our jobs"

Its not ever going to be solved like this and my point is that is the point.

First is is talked about here all the time.

I support going after employers that hire illegals with a vengeance. The fine should be 10,000. dollars a day for each illegal they knowing hire. Fuck them if it bankrupts them, don't knowing hire illegals. Other bussness will fill the void they leave quick.

If you have a green card you should be required to check in monthly and if you don't twice with no valid excuse out you go. If you over stay you are declared a fugitive and a warrant is issued for your arrest. When caught you are charged with a felony and deported to never be allowed back.

Any one that helps people that ilegaly cross should be punished very severely. If a US citizen the sentence should be 10 years for each person in federal prison. If not a US citizen 10 then deported or if cheaper we can just pay the country they are from to lock them up there.

We secure the borders by what means nessary walls were needed and use the miltary to help as needed.

We look at the immigration system we have to see what needs to be changed to help the people we want in and keep out those we don't.

And most important before they are allowed to come here and try to,be a US citizen they must read understand and believe in the words Teddy wrote.

"We should insist that if the immigrant who comes here does in good faith become an

American and assimilates himself to us he shall be treated on an exact equality with every one else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed or birth-place or origin.

But this is predicated upon the man’s becoming in very fact an American and nothing but an American. If he tries to keep segregated with men of his own origin and separated from the rest of America, then he isn’t doing his part as an American. There can be no divided allegiance here. . . We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language, for we intend to see that the crucible turns our people out as Americans, of American nationality, and not as dwellers in a polyglot boarding-house; and we have room for but one soul loyalty, and that is loyalty to the American people.

it's not the giant retail stores/ businesses that hire illegals. It's mostly the small mom & mom's stores/business that hire illegal workers.

Giant retail stores like Walmart or Target don't need to hire illegal workers when they can set up sweat factories in Vietnam or Pakistan or some other undeveloped countries and hire locals to work for 5 cents an hour.

this generally. Its how they can survive at times. Or they hook up a family or friend of the family type of deal.

We all want to complain but deep down inside we don't care as long as they do their job (and they generally do it well).

but if illegals cant find jobs then they wont come here.

its easier to just go after the employers..this is why im against the wall.

Illegals don't have to find jobs. They can create their own work. People who willingly sneak across a border to find a better living while knowing that they are breaking the law to do it are not going to sit around and wait to get hired. They find and create their own work selling services directly to others.

Half of the people dont understand the true pull factor that brings people here, and a wall sounds cooler. pointing the finger at brown skin vs. white plays a factor for some.

What's your solution at airports since people just fly in and stay?

That's a strangely irrelevant question. You mentioned checking airports and border crossings as an inconvenience. I said that if you view it as an inconvenience then you're going to reach your conclusions no matter what else is said.

I never said there was a problem in need of a solution, you never said it was a problem. We weren't even discussing problems in need of solutions at airports. You were discussing convenience.

So, I hope you can understand my confusion at being asked to identify a solution where no problem was previously stated? I mean, people who fly in and stay still have to fill out their paperwork even if they don't intend to overstay their visas.

I mean, that's kind of silly - to imply that because some people intend to overstay their visas, we don't need to document the other international visitors who are coming and going through the airport? We document immigration for more reasons than just catching potential rule breakers.

Maybe that's the problem? That you've reduced the immigration conversation to one of catching illegals and haven't thought about all of the other subjects related to immigration?

We go after innocent people filling jobs. While we ignore the job creators who willingly hire them.

Why is this never discussed around here?

Good question. You're supposed to fill out an I-9 for every employee. We've been on E-verify for years, there is no excuse for hiring workers without proper documentation.

Over the last 8 years entire jobs sectors such as landscaping, house keeping, fast food, nursing and a bunch others are completely dominated by one group.

Ameicans did these jobs prior up until 15 years ago.

They tell Americans there are needed because they do jobs ameicans don't want.

Lots of subtle ways and Lots of physical ways illegals are ushered into jobs.

Over the last 8 years..... really??? Once again, show a source where there is a coordinated effort of this. You can't because there isn't one. A simple google search will show you that illegal immigration declined in the last 8 years. It's not because of policy but the economy. Less jobs, less people. Simple as that.

All of those sectors have companies that want cheaper labor. It's not some "Liberal Push" it's business owners wanting more profit but taking advantage of immigrants. Don't spread lies and say it's "The Liberals". It's business owners wanting cheaper labor.

A Venn Diagram of legislators who play on fears of unauthorized immigrants and legislators who take a reflexively pro-management/ownership stance on labor issues should answer your question:

2000px-Circle_-_black_simple.svg.png

Not just liberals, !JEB! was into it.

He is probably talking about the Disney outsourcing or some Silicon Valley outsourcing specifically.

A lot of the intelligentsia is into it, and the respectable intellectual right has spilled a lot of ink about the phenomenon, statements of said political and corporate leaders, and so on.

You could probably Google any variation of the statement and get a lot of legible returns.

Also, you rarely source anything, you recently dropped a puerile and intellectually dishonest thread into the war room and then vanished into the digital ether.

Namely: Christians, would you hit the button? Thread...
Not just liberals, !JEB! was into it.

He is probably talking about the Disney outsourcing or some Silicon Valley outsourcing specifically.

A lot of the intelligentsia is into it, and the respectable intellectual right has spilled a lot of ink about the phenomenon, statements of said political and corporate leaders, and so on.

You could probably Google any variation of the statement and get a lot of legible returns.

Also, you rarely source anything, you recently dropped a puerile and intellectually dishonest thread into the war room and then vanished into the digital ether.

Namely: Christians, would you hit the button? Thread...

I was interested to see if Evangelicals would kill off the majority of the world as their religion predicts. I got an answers that explained a position really well that I didn't think about. No need to answer. Why is that a "puerile and intellectually dishonest thread"?

Get off your high horse.... It's a discussion board on an MMA site.

visa in 5 minutes? a lot of your story is either left out or complete bullshit.

if it were true, there would be a billion chinese folks living in america.

the consulate interview may take 5 minutes, but lol @ the process being that fast. If you're already in the system and vetted, then sure, getting a visa can be fast, but you left that out.

I'm no visa expert. This was a few years ago. He was traveling to the US every few months. He recently told me that he now has a visa that lets him come and go freely for 10 years.

You’re 20 years behind the curve, they should have done this before they were allowed to take over entire segments of our economy.

Why is it ok to take their money but now some of you are worried about how they get the same money? Why not fine people for giving them housing or sellling them goods, that’s just as stupid as what some of you are advocating

Why are they allowed to drive? You want the work force to police itself, yet everyone else......mainly the government gets a pass.

Why is the workforce expected to correct the governments fuck ups

It makes no sense to me.

Seems like the obvious win win.

Reduce the pull factor for illegal immigrants and improve wage growth.

Got to wonder what effect it would have on the average wage if everyone currently getting paid got paid in full.

You’re 20 years behind the curve, they should have done this before they were allowed to take over entire segments of our economy.

Why is it ok to take their money but now some of you are worried about how they get the same money? Why not fine people for giving them housing or sellling them goods, that’s just as stupid as what some of you are advocating

Are suggesting visa checks to buy things?

It's discussed frequently enough. People suggest a variety of penalties. It doesn't garner as much attention because it's easier to pile on the illegals who are not just working illegally but have also entered the country illegally. And, for those who are preoccupied with such things, the illegal entry bothers them more. Plus if you eliminate the illegal entry then you wouldn't have any illegals to hire.

You stop illegal entry by making it impossible for illegals to work here, not by building a wall.

I think the fine should be that any wages paid to illegal workers are considered as untaxed taxable income.
This would ensure the penalty fits the scale of the indiscretion.

For example if you pay $100 in wages legitimately it reduces your business income by $100 saving you roughly $35 company tax. So really it takes $65 off your after tax profit.

If you pay $100 to an illegal worker you can't claim the deduction so it costs you $100 from after tax profit.

Why are they allowed to drive? You want the work force to police itself, yet everyone else......mainly the government gets a pass.

Why is the workforce expected to correct the governments fuck ups

If im a drug dealer is that the government's fault because they haven't stopped me?

Governments need to make it possible for employers to verify the legal status of their employees.
If the government does make it a reasonable process and employers avoid the process they are wilfully breaking the law.

Back