Why are we talking about Holloway moving up?

DatSamboKid

Muay Khao
@red
Reaction score
He has always made weight in the past. We can't blame him for missing weight on a weeks notice against Khabib. A part from the last concerning incident, he always looked healthy making weight.

Dana saying that Holloway beat every one at FW is N.1 bullshit.

The division is full of up and coming talent that Holloway hasn't fought.
Moicano, Zabit, Bektic, Volkanovski, Yair and Emmet.
Veterans like Frankie Edgar, Chad Mendes and Korean Zombie.

Can we have a champion that defends a belt instead of constantly pushing for a weight change?

War Team Bless, I'm happy we got the win.
Let's keep defending the fucking belt!!

The only fights I would want to see is against Mendes and maybe Edgar. I think Max smokes everyone else.

I think it's kind of like a darren till thing. Even he knows he's going at some point win lose or draw. Just a matter of when the cut just becomes too much. As it stands tonight, it still seems managable as he made weight comfortably and put down a hell of a tough challenger in the process.

All I know is, I'm only talking about it because he has cleared out Featherweight. The only interesting fights for him are at Lightweight (which would be guys his size).

Moicano, Zabit, and all those other guys you mentioned all have ZERO wins over elite guys and some of them have recently lost to guys who have lost to top guys. Those guys are all unproven and need top wins first. There are zero serious contenders in the division right now. I also predict the old guard like Frankie and Mendes, as well as Ortega, will continue to beat everyone else in the division.

Max himself has already hinted this was his last fight numerous times. There were rumors he was gonna move up but wanted Frankie until Ortega beat him and then he wanted that

That's great and all, but it's still not cleaning out the entire division.

The only 2 fighters left are Edgar and Moicano. I'm sure Max can take a LW fight while they find a contender for him. It beats not fighting at all.

He has always made weight in the past. We can't blame him for missing weight on a weeks notice against Khabib. A part from the last concerning incident, he always looked healthy making weight.

Dana saying that Holloway beat every one at FW is N.1 bullshit.

The division is full of up and coming talent that Holloway hasn't fought.
Moicano, Zabit, Bektic, Volkanovski, Yair and Emmet.
Veterans like Frankie Edgar, Chad Mendes and Korean Zombie.

Can we have a champion that defends a belt instead of constantly pushing for a weight change?

War Team Bless, I'm happy we got the win.
Let's keep defending the fucking belt!!

I agree 100% stay at 145 and reign, tired of all these guys wanting to move up. Max still hasn't faced a wrestler with the credentials of Edgar or Mendes, and if Zabit can find his way to the top that would be a great fight.

All I know is, I'm only talking about it because he has cleared out Featherweight. The only interesting fights for him are at Lightweight (which would be guys his size).

Moicano, Zabit, and all those other guys you mentioned all have ZERO wins over elite guys and some of them have recently lost to guys who have lost to top guys. Those guys are all unproven and need top wins first. There are zero serious contenders in the division right now. I also predict the old guard like Frankie and Mendes, as well as Ortega, will continue to beat everyone else in the division.
Cleaned out of the division? Holloway hasn't faced 10 out of the top 15 fighters in his division. He is far from cleaning up his division.

Last edited:
Moicano, Mendes, Edgar and Zabit are fights I'd still want to see before he moves up

He is young so there's no need to rush moving up

Cleaned out of the division? Holloway hasn't face 10 out of the top 15 fighters in his division. He is far from cleaning up his division.
What champions have faced 10 of the top 15 fighters in any division . What a ridiculous statement

i think the only people that you listed that would even be reasonable contenders are edgar and moicano.

Its simple OP

He beat all the best at FW dont even try to sell me on moicano he is good but not at same level as Max. Frankie imo is heading towards a decline so not worth staying for him. Their is also good fresh fighters but they are not ready

More importantly max clearly had weight cutting issues

What champions have faced 10 of the top 15 fighters in any division . What a ridiculous statement
As ridiculous as you might think it this, it's the truth. People claim he cleaned out the division but the division is full of top talent he hasn't faced. Forget the top 15, Holloway hasn't fought 3 fighters ranked in the top 5 (Frankie, Moicano and Mendes).

because dana needs another big name to sell ppvs with kabob.

dana being dana, trying to sell fights, needs another cuck for kaboob to lay on.

Yu
As ridiculous as you might think it this, it's the truth. People claim he cleaned out the division but the division is full of top talent he hasn't faced. Forget the top 15, Holloway hasn't fought 3 fighters ranked in the top 5 (Frankie, Moicano and Mendes).
Frankie lost to Ortega why would max have fought him ? He would've had frankie won... Mendes has 1 win since 2015 and was suspended and Moicano could be his next fight for all we know. People make a lot of ridiculous claims . They said the same thing about conor who didnt have to fight a lot of the top guys.

#1. He pretty much cleaned out the division.

#2. The weight cut is hard for him and only going to get worse.

Better cut some more weight every time and almost die couple of times before you finally miss weight.
You think cutting huge amounts of weight does nothing to your body?

Back