Why are we talking about Holloway moving up?

He lost a very close fight to Bermudez. Got better since then. Mendes is a better version of Bermudez. They should fight.

Better cut some more weight every time and almost die couple of times before you finally miss weight.
You think cutting huge amounts of weight does nothing to your body?
Take it from the man who is doing it himself, Holloway said he felt great making 145lbs this weekend. When has Holloway ever failed to make 145?
Yu

Frankie lost to Ortega why would max have fought him ? He would've had frankie won... Mendes has 1 win since 2015 and was suspended and Moicano could be his next fight for all we know. People make a lot of ridiculous claims . They said the same thing about conor who didnt have to fight a lot of the top guys.
Let’s stop the MMA math logic, it’s flawed. Frankie was supposed to fight Zombie but got injured, Moicano was supposed to fight Bektic last night but Bektic got injured. Chad Mendes is fighting Volkanovski soon if I recall properly. Holloway has many options infront of him, Edgar, Moicano, Mendes/Volka winner yet people are asking him to move up to a division where the champ is suspended and vouching for a fight with Mayweather. The LW division is a cluster fuck at the moment.

Take it from the man who is doing it himself, Holloway said he felt great making 145lbs this weekend. When has Holloway ever failed to make 145?
What was he supposed to say? "I feel like shit, and I don't wanna do it anymore"?
He felt great cause he was coming back and it was a fight that he knew he will enjoy. In the long run, it's bad for you to fight after your brain had almost no water 24hrs ago

Let’s stop the MMA math logic, it’s flawed. Frankie was supposed to fight Zombie but got injured, Moicano was supposed to fight Bektic last night but Bektic got injured. Chad Mendes is fighting Volkanovski soon if I recall properly. Holloway has many options infront of him, Edgar, Moicano, Mendes/Volka winner yet people are asking him to move up to a division where the champ is suspended and vouching for a fight with Mayweather. The LW division is a cluster fuck at the moment.
I dont see why people want him to move up. Its cowardly to do so without a few defenses . If you get an opportunity to fight for a title or fight a great champ and become one you should give others the opportunity to do the same .

I don't know why they want to waste Max, like seriously? I was really doubtfull about his cut, but he proved me wrong. Max vs Conor as title eliminiator?
I think Max won't be able to refuse something like this, it's lifetime payday.

He makes weight but it's going to take an increasing toll on his body.

Let's see how Volkanovski/Mendes winner looks. If they win impressively,

Max vs Mendes/Volkanovski
Moicano vs Edgar

Let 155 sort itself out with Khabib/Tony or Tony/Poirier if Khabib is suspended.

He should go up and retire McNugget

What was he supposed to say? "I feel like shit, and I don't wanna do it anymore"?
He felt great cause he was coming back and it was a fight that he knew he will enjoy. In the long run, it's bad for you to fight after your brain had almost no water 24hrs ago
Well I can tell you that if it was that bad, he could've said something like this:

I'm well aware of the negative impacts of cutting weight. Holloway doesn't have a history of missing weight, plain and simple. These allegations are coming from the fact that he couldn't make weight against Khabib on a weeks notice and that he was pulled from his last fight due to concussion like symptoms. Professionals couldn't even tell if his symptoms were the cause of weight cutting.

The only 2 fighters left are Edgar and Moicano. I'm sure Max can take a LW fight while they find a contender for him. It beats not fighting at all.
Sorry, but actively trying to fight in 2 division while being the champ hasn't worked out for anyone. And especially if Max takes damage that gets him sidelined by doctors for a long period of time, it's not fair for the other contenders to have to eliminate each other.

Also, we don't need any more interim belts. Max needs to decide what he wants to do in one division. He has a few good title defenses left before he really does need a challenge, but people shouldn't have to keep waiting on him if he's going to play around in other divisions.

Vacate the belt for the chance at an immediate title shot. If he wants to come back to 145lbs he should get a title shot when he's ready, but no more holding up divisions.

He has always made weight in the past. We can't blame him for missing weight on a weeks notice against Khabib. A part from the last concerning incident, he always looked healthy making weight.

Dana saying that Holloway beat every one at FW is N.1 bullshit.

The division is full of up and coming talent that Holloway hasn't fought.
Moicano, Zabit, Bektic, Volkanovski, Yair and Emmet.
Veterans like Frankie Edgar, Chad Mendes and Korean Zombie.

Can we have a champion that defends a belt instead of constantly pushing for a weight change?

War Team Bless, I'm happy we got the win.
Let's keep defending the fucking belt!!
Hes 5'11 and nearly died last time

It's because people underestimate all the new guys in the rankings. And it's because people think "oh Max beats those guys" so they think it's a pointless fight and he should thus go up to LW, even though he never fought those guys at FW

It's dumb.

i think the only people that you listed that would even be reasonable contenders are edgar and moicano.

Yes, and while he found ghts those guys, guess what happens? Some of The other people listed--volkanovski, Zabit, yair, Bektic-- keep winning and become the next contenders.

The division is moving along nicely.

#1. He pretty much cleaned out the division.

#2. The weight cut is hard for him and only going to get worse.

Pretty sure he just had the easiest weight cut of his life.

He has always made weight in the past. We can't blame him for missing weight on a weeks notice against Khabib. A part from the last concerning incident, he always looked healthy making weight.

Can we have a champion that defends a belt instead of constantly pushing for a weight change?

This is the latest trend.
People push for dominant champs to move up... I don’t agree with the movement at all. Let the divisions’ number 1 contenders get their shot and put the super fight stuff to rest.

Also seems the pressure to move up is not applied evenly...

DJ - pressured hard despite being he thirst guy in the toaster
TJ- never pressued
Cruz-barely pressured
Cody- lol
Etc

cause he huge for 145 and been having a lot of health issues and as he gets olders he start to have more trouble cutting so much weight. also the money fights are at 155 now a days since he beatin alot of the top 10.

Back