Why college basketball, and NFL dominate the US.

VivaRevolution

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
A thread here recently got me to thinking about why i love the NFL so much.

The answer: Parity

On any given Sunday, as the saying goes. A game of inches.

Every year, half the playoff teams in the NFL didn't make it last year.

This is the same reason that March Madness dominates the NBA. The drama of Norhtwest Appalachia state and tech upsetting Blue Chip University, is what makes college basketball great.

This I think is why allot of us wish the UFC would run some pride style tournaments. Parity and upsets keep sports entertaining. A tournament would bring that in bulk to the UFC.

All sports leagues could use a lesson in the fact that parity creates drama, and upsets, and that is why we watch sports.

Discuss......

It has more parity than College football, but there are still some extremes like Browns, never make it, the Pats always make it.

In college basketball, a cupcake can get far, have any cupcake ever actually won the thing. Who did Nova play last championship, I forget? Well, I guess you can think the Nova used to be a cupcake before joining BE.

yeh, College football is retarded with the cupcake teams in the beginning. They should just do a two preseason games against a regular opponent. This way they can schedule a real out of conference team for first two games.

I like second half of UEFA Champions league for same reason. Just the first half is dull as heck because of the all the cupcakes that have no chance.

Match Madness dominates the nba? Lol. Maybe for two weeks.

Back