Why did Adesanya duck the rightful contender (Jacare) ?

flowoftruth

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Dana came to him and they were looking to book him vs jacare to crown a clear contender for after whittaker-gastelum. Israel mentioned he had instead pushed and convinced them of a different opponent, who we later found out was Silva.

WHY WOULD HE DO THAT ? THINK ABOUT IT

VPZxyX.gif

Cause Silva is a higher profile,easier fight for Israel...

More exposure
Probably the same reward

Why would anybody do that?
{<shrug}

The sources you've quoted completely convinced me.

Jacare 2-2 in his last 4 and the 2 losses were against Whittaker and Gastelum, he's not 'the rightful contender' unless there's a new champion who isn't Whittaker or Gastelum.

i'm the biggest Jacare supporter and fan here, Adesanya tried to fight him but in early 2019 Jacare wouldn't be ready because of the war he just had with Weidman, therefore Adesanya is moving on instead of waiting for Jaca

Jacare 2-2 in his last 4 and the 2 losses were against Whittaker and Gastelum, he's not 'the rightful contender' unless there's a new champion who isn't Whittaker or Gastelum.
split decision against Gastelum - that rematch makes a lot of sense if KG beats Whittaker

For Israel this is much better

Possible contender match... or a Super Fight vs a legend of the sport and the password to the Matrix...

Was Jacare not the one who was unwilling to take this fight?

Anderson Silva is a bigger name. Adesanya wants to fight another striker. The UFC will likely bypass Jacare either way.

I agree with this, I would have honestly been fine with them just giving Isreal the fight strictly on account of the fact that there is no other top contender who doesn't have a loss to either guy

Literally every source (including jacare) says jacare didn’t accept the fight because he wouldn’t be ready in time for 234

he wanted the easiest fight in the division.

I think Anderson is an easier fight, to be honest. Jacare, on the other hand, is dangerous everywhere. It will be interesting to see him face Jacare since Jacare just flatlined Wideman.

If you don't know the answer to this then you're an idiot. He's obviously doing it for more exposure and money. Sometimes the fight game is all about the politics. That doesn't necessarily mean he's ducking anyone.

Yeah that was bullshit and I'm the conductor of the Israel train. He even sold the Anderson fight to Dana. Good name for his resume but not a title shit earning match up. His progression until this fight was solid, if he'd finished that run off with a win over Yoel or Jacare, people would be calling him the uncrowned champ.

Did you watch Mousasi vs Jacare 2? Jacare eats jabs for breakfeat, and jabs are Israel's bread and butter along with sticking and moving. Stylistically its a more dangerous fight.

Fight primarily a well-recognized counter striker who's lost more than one or two steps, or fight an unnamed Brazilian alligator on the ground and get fucking throttled?

Can't for the life of me figure out why Adesanya wanted to fight Silva instead.

I love Jacare. I think he is the better fighter at this point and would have given Anderson hell in his prime.

However, the smart play is always to fight Anderson. Not because he is easier but because he is a legend. If you fight in this sport you should want to fight the best ever.

Stylistically it should be a hell of a fight too.

Back