Why did Adesanya duck the rightful contender (Jacare) ?

Adesanya wanted the fight, Jacare needed time to heal..no ducking, just a contender trying to say active and build his brand, nothing wrong with that and its more then what some contenders do

The sources you've quoted completely convinced me.

Jacare 2-2 in his last 4 and the 2 losses were against Whittaker and Gastelum, he's not 'the rightful contender' unless there's a new champion who isn't Whittaker or Gastelum.

That's utter BS.
He fought them on 3 round fights.

He is the highest ranked fighter.
He just beat Chris who is ranked above both Adesanya and Silva.

There's absolutely no reason for either to leapfrog above him.

The bare minimum would be the winner of this fight would fight Jacare THEN become the next contender.
But as it is, Jacare should be next.

I don't want to hear any passing the torch hype when he beats 43 yr old Silva.
Let me see him go on a championship run like Silva and beat guys with all aspects of MMA in multiple weight classes before both of their names are put in the same sentence. .

Yeah that was bullshit and I'm the conductor of the Israel train. He even sold the Anderson fight to Dana. Good name for his resume but not a title shit earning match up. His progression until this fight was solid, if he'd finished that run off with a win over Yoel or Jacare, people would be calling him the uncrowned champ.
Still I don't think he is ducking, it's just that Anderson is more money and arguably a easier fight.

nevermind jacare he should fight yoel so that years are taken off his career

<{JustBleed}><{JustBleed}><{JustBleed}><{JustBleed}><{JustBleed}>

Still I don't think he is ducking, it's just that Anderson is more money and arguably a easier fight.
Idk man, pretty suspect he didn't want to fight either of the top grappler in the division. Still though, that's my guy. He's got my support until he does a full Jon Jones.

I don't know but it would be cool if Israel come out and told the world that he likes to dress up in womens clothes and that he feels like he is a female.

Israel "The Gender Bender" Adesanya

How exactly is Jacare the rightful contender considering he just lost to Gastelum?

I'm sorry but when did the UFC or anybody else announce that they were trying to book Jacare vs. Adesanya?? Of course that's right right fight to make, honestly anybody other than Silva is the right fight to make for Adesanya. This is a lose-lose situation for him, if he wins people bash him for beating an aged Silva, if he loses, then the hype train is done and he is hardly considered anything special. I just don't think Jacare would have been ready for Melbourne.

The sources you've quoted completely convinced me.

Jacare 2-2 in his last 4 and the 2 losses were against Whittaker and Gastelum, he's not 'the rightful contender' unless there's a new champion who isn't Whittaker or Gastelum.

Anderson Silva is 1-4... what’s your point?

Idk man, pretty suspect he didn't want to fight either of the top grappler in the division. Still though, that's my guy. He's got my support until he does a full Jon Jones.
But Jacare was the one who turned down the fight soooo.....

Dana came to him and they were looking to book him vs jacare to crown a clear contender for after whittaker-gastelum. Israel mentioned he had instead pushed and convinced them of a different opponent, who we later found out was Silva.

Gonna need a source for that, flowoflies

Gonna need a source for that, flowoflies
I heard the same, forgot the source. I think it was Israel himself on a podcast. Maybe submission radio? I'll look around I'm pretty curious myself now.

I heard the same, forgot the source. I think it was Israel himself on a podcast. Maybe submission radio? I'll look around I'm pretty curious myself now.

In this interview he says he was scheduled to face Jacare and then Jacare pulled out:

In this interview he says he was scheduled to face Jacare and then Jacare pulled out:

I'll take a look in a few. Digging through Sub Radio as we speak.

Adesanya wanted the fight, Jacare needed time to heal..no ducking, just a contender trying to say active and build his brand, nothing wrong with that and its more then what some contenders do

Am I on sherdog? Did someone actually answer ts question with factual information. Where the hate or the nuthugging?

The interview is on YouTube with submission radio
Fast forward to about 7:10 and he talks about Jacare being offered a fight against him.

Edit: my bad I responded as if you where blaseblah. Seen that interview, but I'm pretty sure I heard him say he convinced Dana in another.

Edit 2:

Timestamp fixed

Last edited:
Back