Why did Chuck never get into it with Dana?

Because Chuck never ducked a fight and made Dana millions...

I never blamed Dana for that one though, that was the right decision. In fact, John Hackleman SHOULD have forced Chuck to retire. I think Chuck would've listened to him.

Hack went on record saying Chuck isn’t punchy and he could still fight.

Dana was scared of Chuck on TUF when Chuck got mad at Tito

Dana was angry at Chuck for not throwing "leg kicks" against Rampage

Probably because Chuck knows the score better than a lot of guys. I don't think Chuck is the kind of guy that has grand illusions that he's bigger than the sport.

The sad reality is that the Ufc brand was bigger than all the mentioned fighters. Connor is the only guy who hasn't needed the UFC more than the UFC needed him.

why would he ?

Literally every other major star that's fought under the UFC banner has had a problem with Dana at some point. Randy, Tito, BJ, Wand, Jones, Anderson, even GSP!!! So why not Chuck?

I know Dana used to manage Chuck and I know they were friends. But Dana's been friends with a bunch of his fighters before and they usually end up mad at each other at some point. And Dana managed Tito at the same time he managed Chuck and we all know how Dana and Tito fell out.

So really, what was the difference between Chuck and every other major star that's ever fought for Dana?

Thoughts?

Probably because Chuck knows the score better than a lot of guys. I don't think Chuck is the kind of guy that has grand illusions that he's bigger than the sport.

I think there's probably a lot of truth in this. And if anybody could've gotten a big head it was Chuck. He was the face of the entire sport for a long time. And he was the first recognizable guy outside of the sport. If the UFC hadn't had Chuck in the mid to late 2000's it would've taken the UFC a lot longer to become as popular as it became. But Chuck never really seemed to think he was bigger than the sport. And he never really seemed to be trying to become a star, he just wanted to be the best fighter.

Cause chuck just loved to fight. Chuck would have fought for 10$ and a tank of gas to get him not even all the way home after the fight.

Why didnt Dana just keep paying Chuck 100k+ out of his own pocket to rep the UFC. Greed.

Chuck got really pissed at Dana once. Pretty entertaining tbh

Dana looked scared when Chuck came out of the cage. Dana had a look like he has been there before. I bet Chuck has beat his ass before. Dana was clearly nervous.

Why didnt Dana just keep paying Chuck 100k+ out of his own pocket to rep the UFC. Greed.

I've thought about that myself. Dana could for sure afford it. But then it becomes like ok, when does that stop? I mean if I was Dana, no matter how much I thought Chuck deserved the money for everything he's done......I wouldn't be ok watching Chuck throw all that money away on coke and whatever else. ya know?

Literally every other major star that's fought under the UFC banner has had a problem with Dana at some point. Randy, Tito, BJ, Wand, Jones, Anderson, even GSP!!! So why not Chuck?

I know Dana used to manage Chuck and I know they were friends. But Dana's been friends with a bunch of his fighters before and they usually end up mad at each other at some point. And Dana managed Tito at the same time he managed Chuck and we all know how Dana and Tito fell out.

So really, what was the difference between Chuck and every other major star that's ever fought for Dana?

Thoughts?

Hes the only one that's not a fucking goof

I think Chuck really just wanted to fight and didn't care all that much about other shit and just trusted Dana would take care of him financially.

I think Chuck was old school and had the "don't bite the hand that feeds you" mentality. I also think there was a genuine relationship between the two. Not like they were sucking eachothers dicks or anything...but were actually friends.

Thoughts?

cause they were best friend and dana gave chuck anything he wanted so why beef with him.

I've thought about that myself. Dana could for sure afford it. But then it becomes like ok, when does that stop? I mean if I was Dana, no matter how much I thought Chuck deserved the money for everything he's done......I wouldn't be ok watching Chuck throw all that money away on coke and whatever else. ya know?

Yeah I guess if he knows Chuck is a coke head or some shit we don't know. But seems like loyalty is a big thing to him and if he doesnt want Chuck to fight again like he would eventually have to when the tap turns off. Makes no sense to not pay him indefinitely 100k a year until his death. Its not like Chuck would be doing nothing too, he'd promote events and be around when needed.

I think Chuck really just wanted to fight and didn't care all that much about other shit and just trusted Dana would take care of him financially.
010611040103dzg9isp1757gdu.jpg

Back