Why did Dan Severn quit UFC after UFC12?

mmacasualviewer

Hardcores vs Casuals
@red
Reaction score
Was this just purely for health reasons and the regional promos paid well?

open-wide-here-comes-the-rape-train.jpg

He went to WWE.

He used it as the stepping stone it is to get into WWE

He used it as the stepping stone it is to get into WWE

Trying to get that shamrock money.

Sucks they had to do it, but st the time wwe paid way better.

Shamrock was never the same after wwe, lost his best years there

He actually came back to eat two or three leg kicks a few years later.

But, a month after UFC 12, Ken Shamrock made it to the WWE. Severn decided to give it a shot.

He actually came back to eat two or three leg kicks a few years later.

But, a month after UFC 12, Ken Shamrock made it to the WWE. Severn decided to give it a shot.

Ken and Dan were the reason I started watching UFC and then instantly the reason I stopped.

Thankfully my best friend in high school continued watching UFC and then PRIDE and reintroduced me to Wand.

Add on Tito/Ken and TUF and I was hooked. Didn't lose interest until last year.

I wish Dan would become a ref or judge.

Dan Severn...a legend with a stellar 101-19 record. I think pro wrestling played a role in his departure. However, he was even more content beating the dogshit out of regional prospects lmfao.

http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Dan-Severn-52

What surprises me is how often he fought. He clearly doesn't do fight camps because he was fighting monthly!

dan-severn-ufc-heavyweight.jpg

Bad. Ass. Mother. Fucker.

Love the Beast. I remember watching him suplex a fighter in his early days with the UFC. Became a fan that second.

I'll always respect Dan..

for curing my insomnia

Dan Severn...a legend with a stellar 101-19 record. I think pro wrestling played a role in his departure. However, he was even more content beating the dogshit out of regional prospects lmfao.

http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Dan-Severn-52

What surprises me is how often he fought. He clearly doesn't do fight camps because he was fighting monthly!

dan-severn-ufc-heavyweight.jpg

Bad. Ass. Mother. Fucker.
One of the goat mustaches but not quite the level of Teh Don.

Did he ever have a radio career? His voice is much bettter than the common mma twink podcast accents you hear.

Dan Severn was the first extremely boring fighter.

Huge Severn fan. Don't know if anyone else has read his autobiography but it's a good read. He absolutely tore into Ken in it as well haha.

Servern had the most bad ass WWF theme ever. Back when WWE were creative and didn't just use generic rock songs for everyone's theme.

Back