Why did Gerard Mousasi quit the UFC?

Apparently he really likes Scott Coker.

Man all this Moose threads make me really sad that we´re not going to see Gegard vs Bobby Knuckles.

Because he didn't get Vitor money for beating up grandpas.

He beat up Hendo & Vitor & got a big head and a dozen sherdog hypeboys on his train.

Alvey & Villante are good examples. They beat up that level of competition and do it with a smile.

you forgot how he beat fake ass weidman too

He beat up Hendo & Vitor & got a big head and a dozen sherdog hypeboys on his train.

Alvey & Villante are good examples. They beat up that level of competition and do it with a smile.
Beat Sherdog darling Weidman's ass in.

The whole bisping (and gsp) saga...

And they made him a lowball offer at first. Tbh it's a disgrace how they treated him

It is absolute bullshit he was let go im a kiwi and love whittaker but moose can win that fight 6 out of 10 times. Yoel might be a different result but who cares. Moose is one of my fave fighters who doesnt get the respect he deserves

Glad he is gone, now he fights 1-2 times a year. After every fight he seems like a crybaby weither or not he wins. He was almost a 50/50 fighter and he was asking for a ts Once he got a few wins in a row they gave him a top guy and probably was up for a ts or ts eliminator fight

Glad he is gone, now he fights 1-2 times a year. After every fight he seems like a crybaby weither or not he wins. He was almost a 50/50 fighter and he was asking for a ts Once he got a few wins in a row they gave him a top guy and probably was up for a ts or ts eliminator fight
<DCWhoa>

Is it because he couldn't hang with the top competition? I felt like he was doing pretty good, I really don't know what happened

was he fired or something??
He was on a 5 fight win streak so not being able to hang certainly wasn't it.
He left for money and better treatment

And he beat Weidman... was actually looking like one of the best in the division then disappeared to Bellator. Thought UFC was all about keeping their best? If I was making s living getting smacked in the face I would want the best deal as well.

THIS

money7.jpg

Easy answer, UFC has most of the best fighters, not all of the best fighters. Now is it because they can’t afford all the best fighters...? of course not, it’s because this is where WME looks at the roster as being too deep with elite talent they can let go without significant damage to the overall product.

Is it because he couldn't hang with the top competition? I felt like he was doing pretty good, I really don't know what happened

was he fired or something??
Ok- here's the 411.
After weidman win, his contract was up (8 fights, 7-1).He was told thered be a considerable bump in his contract.Theres a 90 day negotiation period that takes place where only only UFC can talk to Mousasi. They basically spent the 90 days telling him he's not a name (yet of his 12 fights, he was main event or co- in everyone outside UFC 200 where he was first one to throw in his hat against lhw/hw Cormier).They offered him a miniscule bump which was, rightfully so, unacceptable .This went on for 90 days and Coker came in on day 91 with an obvious pretty substantial offer .UFC then backpedaled. ...didnt match but made " a competitive" offer.
Damage was already done.Mousasi took the loot and sponsor money and signed with Bellator.
Gegard was 12-3 under zuffa banner and 9-3 UFC and was offered a title shot at Bisping but Mike declined saying " Mousasi- Bisping is bad for business "
Bisping holding division hostage didn't help.

There it is.

Back