Why did Hitler make it illegal for Jews to own guns ?

Yeah that is the thing they didn't think they would got go a death camp.
Also the Nazis wouldn't have been kind on your family if you go out in a blaze of glory.

And the most important thing. The guns never existed in the first place.
Before the Nazis Gun control has been very strong.

You asked what do I think 800,000 Jews with guns could have done and the answer is still the same. Shoot an assload of Nazi's.

The burning question is "why are Jews so staunchly liberal?"

Leftists would rather let Nazis take their wives and daughters for bed pleasures and concentration camps than to take up arms. Leftists would rather spend their last days starving to death thinking about ways to suicide as they stare into the ovens instead of resisting.

Leftists are a disgrace to humanity and their ancestors who struggled and fought to survive throughout human history.

Let's be serious here if the government wanted to kill you today they would poison your water or for a large subset of the war room posters just shut your internet down

One of them armed Jew's might have been able to take out Albert Hitler.

Let's be serious here if the government wanted to kill you today they would poison your water or for a large subset of the war room posters just shut your internet down

They can't. Who would farm their food and take care of the infrastructure? Who would take care of power, water, who would make the medicine? Who would do electrical work, plumbing, sewage? These guys will not help the government if the government just killed their sons, daughters, mothers, fathers, friends, etc..

You can't stop the government from self-destruction. What the 2nd amendment was originally intended for was against tyranny. IE. Trump makes an executive order to be King of America tomorrow. He dissolves congress, no more democracy. It still happens in modern times, take for example Venezuela.

They can't. Who would farm their food and take care of the infrastructure? Who would take care of power, water, who would make the medicine? Who would do electrical work, plumbing, sewage? These guys will not help the government if the government just killed their sons, daughters, mothers, fathers, friends, etc..
The point is guns aren't gonna stop someone killing you

The leftists keep saying that gun control is safe thing. How safe was it for the Jews who were forbidden from owning guns just one year before the holocaust began ?

Post Hoc Fallacy:

Explanation
The post hoc fallacy is committed when it is assumed that because one thing occurred after another, it must have occurred as a result of it. Mere temporal succession, however, does not entail causal succession. Just because one thing follows another does not mean that it was caused by it

Example
(1) Most people who are read the last rites die shortly afterwards.

Therefore:
(2) Priests are going around killing people with magic words!

http://www.logicalfallacies.info/presumption/post-hoc/

The point is guns aren't gonna stop someone killing you
Not if we use situations like the government poisoning your water, no. But in individual situations where someone breaks into your home or tries to rob you, just the sight of you having a gun can be the difference in life and death.

Here in Wilmington, home invasions are getting really bad, due to opioid addiction and what not. It'd be moronic to take away a citizen's right to protect themselves here.

It's hard to compare Japan with the United States, since their populations and demographics are completely different. Japan is a mostly homogenized nation with extremely strict immigration laws, the place is mostly Japanese-born citizens. The United States clearly has a more open immigration policy and much different demographics, different ethnicity, cultures, religions, and more people in general. Aswell as more land and different socio-cultural atmospheres, from one side of the nation to the other. You add more variables, it always becomes more complicated.

yes yes yes we've heard it. while there is some truth to this, lets not pretend its the whole or even most of the truth. there are other "melting pot" nations that have DRASTICALLY lower violent crime rates than the US.

I still don't think any outright ban on guns is the answer. Infact, I think it's very dangerous, in a nation where criminals won't adhere to the same regulations as the rest of the responsible populace. We can't let one horrible incident change the rules for the rest of us. That's just legislating out of fear.

Ice T says it best. You can have my gun *after* everyone else gives up theirs.

i think people should be able to own guns, as well.

though

i truly hate this argument about "good guys" and "law abiding citizens" should have guns anywhere they want etc (maybe that was not your point). sung hui cho, the vegas shooter, and many others were "good guys" on paper, until they killed dozens of people. there are many good guys who get drunk at the bar, and decide to shoot people in the parking lot.

i think there is a real problem with the amount of guns in the US. it makes them amazingly easy for just about anyone to get. whats the solution to that? idk. i also think there is something to be said for the old greek quote "the blade itself, can inspire men to violence." i think there are situations where having a gun makes you feel more of an alpha. more ballsy. it causes a murder where without one, you may not have even fought in any manner.

Post Hoc Fallacy:

Explanation
The post hoc fallacy is committed when it is assumed that because one thing occurred after another, it must have occurred as a result of it. Mere temporal succession, however, does not entail causal succession. Just because one thing follows another does not mean that it was caused by it

Example
(1) Most people who are read the last rites die shortly afterwards.

Therefore:
(2) Priests are going around killing people with magic words!

http://www.logicalfallacies.info/presumption/post-hoc/
giphy.gif

Nice one.

I take the bate. The NSDAP was the pro gun party they relaxed gun laws compared to the previous government.
They did not take guns away from the Jews because they didn't have any guns in the first place the same as the rest of Germany.
Also if you know anything about the 3rd Reich. You would know that Jews weren't considered citizens.

Also how could 800.000 Jew with guns defend themselves against the 3rd Reich when all of Europe weren't able to?

Why did the allies bother arming the French resistance?

Riddle me an answer to this question in as few words as possible , please.

If you were tasked with curb stomping a population would you prefer them armed or not?

yes yes yes we've heard it. while there is some truth to this, lets not pretend its the whole or even most of the truth. there are other "melting pot" nations that have DRASTICALLY lower violent crime rates than the US.

Do they have 320 million citizens spread across a vast land, and are their standards of living as high as ours? Hard to compare us to Sweden, Germany or France, as well.
i think people should be able to own guns, as well.

though

i truly hate this argument about "good guys" and "law abiding citizens" should have guns anywhere they want etc (maybe that was not your point). sung hui cho, the vegas shooter, and many others were "good guys" on paper, until they killed dozens of people. there are many good guys who get drunk at the bar, and decide to shoot people in the parking lot.

i think there is a real problem with the amount of guns in the US. it makes them amazingly easy for just about anyone to get. whats the solution to that? idk. i also think there is something to be said for the old greek quote "the blade itself, can inspire men to violence." i think there are situations where having a gun makes you feel more of an alpha. more ballsy. it causes a murder where without one, you may not have even fought in any manner.

I do think there are too many unlicensed firearms in circulation, but I don't really know any rational solution. If the government really wanted to start taking illegal/black market weapons off the streets, they'd atleast try. I also don't think one should be able to go into a bar with their CCW. Alcohol + firearms shouldn't mix.

Germany in 1928 passed a law that created a permit system to own and sell firearms. This order was rarely followed and only newly bought and purchased weapons were registered. The vast majority of Germans still owned the weapons they had during World War 1. When the Nazi's came to power they used whatever gun records they did have to seize weapons from their enemies. In 1938 they adopted a new gun law that deregulated the buying and selling of rifles, shotguns, and ammunition. It also made it easier for one to own a handgun because all you needed was a hunting license (You didn't even need to hunt). Said license would allow you to buy, sell or carry one at any time. As well it gave local officials more discretion in letting anyone under 18 own a gun. The one caveat of the new law was that no Jews were allowed to possess, purchase or own weapons, ammunition, truncheons and stabbing weapons of any kind. The Nazi's were raiding homes and stealing weapons before the 1938 law was passed. In closing Nazi era Germany imposed much greater gun restrictions for Jews and those they perceived to be enemies. For the vast majority of Germans however it was much easier to own and sell weapons once the Nazi's took power.

Simply put the reason Hitler made it illegal for Jews to own weapons is two fold. First off he believed Jews to be inferior biologically to Aryans, the white northern European race that pure Germans were presumed to belong to and secondly to make it very hard for the Jews to pull of any kind of successful uprising.

Yeah that is the thing they didn't think they would got go a death camp.
Also the Nazis wouldn't have been kind on your family if you go out in a blaze of glory.

And the most important thing. The guns never existed in the first place.
Before the Nazis Gun control has been very strong.
My family is Croatian, my father was born there and moved to the United States when he was 9 in the mid sixties. Dido and Baba my grandparents during WWII ended up leaving Kukljica (The town my father and family is from) on the Island of Uglian upon hearing rumors that the Nazi's were going to end up on the Island. They ended up fleeing to mainland Croatia and lived in the mountain areas with friends and some other family members. Dido became a Partizan and fought a guerrilla campaign against the Nazi's.

The day after my grandparents left the Island the Germans landed on it alongside a regiment of the SS. They made it to the town where a good deal of my family were still living (Being naive they thought it would be similar to that of occupied France where they would live under German rule). They were wrong, the SS rounded up all the remaining people in the town and marched them to the town square, proceeded lineup all the men and boys and executed them in front of everyone. They then from what I gathered raped the females and then executed them alongside their children.

You are right in that the Jews didn't think they would be going to death camps just like my remaining family members didn't think the Germans would execute them.

Last edited:
Back