Why didn't Alhassan get POTN of at 228 for finishing his opponent in 43 secs?

Sakuraba7

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Fight of the Night: Irene Aldana vs. Lucie Pudilová
Performance of the Night: Tyron Woodley, and Jéssica Andrade

How did Jessica get a POTN over Alhassan, when Alhassan KO'd his opponent in 43 seconds? At this rate, he could have shot laser beams out his ass and still wouldn't have got the POTN. What does it take? Damn

Don't pull the "her opponent was ranked higher" BS. We've seen countless times the top fighters put on a lesser performance and fighters who are lesser ranked or unranked get the bonus because their performance was better.

Looks like they're changing their criteria from card to card based on convenience now. Alhassan should have gotten the POTN. Any idea why he didn't?

I think you answered yourself.
They change it from card to card based on convenience, so there's really nothing else to it.

One punch knocking someone out at 115 is a lot rarer than at 170.

Last edited:
It was higher on the card, a higher ranked fight, blah blah blah. The UFC does what the UFC want, deal with it.

Tell me the last time you saw a one punch knockout at WOMENS strawweight. Go ahead. I'll wait.

He looks like Woodley a bit

Having your name start with Abdul doesn't help tbf.

It should be Tyron vs Till. Dana couldn't swallow it, so they gave it to Aldana

Most of the bonuses go to main and co main.
Wrong.

$50k bonuses (UFC 220-228)
Main
Robert Whittaker (x2)
Daniel Cormier
T.J. Dillashaw
Tyron Woodley

Co Main
Daniel Cormier
Brian Ortega
Kelvin Gastelum vs Ronaldo Souza
Henry Cejudo vs Demetrious Johnson
Jessica Andrade

Main Card
Kattar vs Burgos
Jake Matthews vs Li Jingliang
Sean O'Malley vs Andre Soukhamthath
Zabit Magomedsharipov vs Kyle Bochniak
Chris Gruetzemacher
Lyoto Machida
Anthony Pettis
Khalil Rountree Jr.
Renato Moicano

Prelims
Abdul Razak Alhassan
Israel Adesanya
Jussier Formiga
Alexander Hernandez
Olivier Aubin-Mercier
Oleksiy Oliynyk
Curtis Blaydes
Paulo Costa

Early Prelims
Charles Oliveira
Irene Aldana vs Lucie Pudilova

Tell me the last time you saw a one punch knockout at WOMENS strawweight. Go ahead. I'll wait.

WMMA SW fighters failing to knockout their opponents with a punch automatically makes it the better performance compared to Alhassan's? That says a lot about the state of WMMA, but it doesn't mean Alhassan's wasn't the better Performance OF THE NIGHT.

WMMA SW fighters failing to knockout their opponents with a punch automatically makes it the better performance compared to Alhassan's? That says a lot about the state of WMMA, but it doesn't mean Alhassan's wasn't the better Performance OF THE NIGHT.

On account of rarity? Sure I'd say it's the better performance since she did it to a highly ranked opponent. And even if it didnt happen Sterling or Zabit would have gotten it because of their crazy Suloev stretch submissions.

Back