Why didn't they do Ortega vs Stephen's at UFC 227?

What has Stephens done recently to deserve a title shot? Who has he beat to deserve one?

He's lost to Frankie, Holloway, and Swanson. His best win recently has been against Emmett, who still isn't proven against top 10 fighters other than one good win against Lamas.

Stephens doesn't deserve an interim title more than any of the people i've mentioned. He's fine where he is to fight Aldo. At the moment, he has no claim to a shot other than being Dana's opportunistic yes man.

As of now, i'd rather see Mendes, Edgar, Aldo, or Swanson fight Ortega, as they all deserve it more than Stephens.
U had me till swanson no way he deserves a title shot that's laughable right now and Moicano gonna give him a beating too.

Seems like it would make the most sense.
Plus I live in L.a. and considering going to this event and if this fight were made I'd go for sure, still debating whether to go or not.
better @Dana really quick and explain this I'm sure they'll add it and screw up their other plans.

Ortega better have good sponsers. I see him doing the 1 fight a year pick and choose bit from now on

Seems like it would make the most sense. Give Stephen's enough time to cut the weight as opposed to UFC 226. I don't think Max Halloway is coming back any time soon. If at all. Ortega just can't wait forever.

Plus I live in L.a. and considering going to this event and if this fight were made I'd go for sure, still debating whether to go or not.

cause the event didn't need a 3rd title fight and why not have brian figth the winner of that fight.

Back