why do chinese not care about diversity?

%
Because they already did it a couple of hundred years ago? I mean, I don't think South Africa has Boers because they were kidnapped and sent over there, lol. And Latin America? South and Central America were integrated at gun point a long time ago.

The English tried with Japan and China...probably why those countries have closed their doors to outsiders, lol.
Colonizing isn't integrating....
that's odd then, b/c those countries virtually all have 90%+ ethnic homogenic societies now.

FFS, most of Europe still does as well

I think living in the US causes one to underestimate what the rest of the world considers 'diverse'

Sorry, but that makes little sense from the jump. America has been the sole dominant country in terms of global power for decades. Of course, we're stagnating. You can't keep growing when you're already at the top. All you can do is consolidate your power, which in the wrong eyes looks like stagnation. Second, much of China's "growth" is simply the result of climbing out of the middle ages into a modern nation while also carrying 20% of the global population. Let's not overstate this as some insight into economic or social brilliance.

Looking at any of the BRIC nations that were also considered high growth economies, the one thing they have in common is a relatively massive population coupled with a government that was trying to modernize.

So, what we should be learning from China is to stagnate for 100 years, push our population to the limit and then when we reverse those negative trends, people will credit us for finally doing what everyone else already did? Not a good lesson, imo.

Constantly undermining China's position is not really going to yield itself to any kind of a proper discussion.

You can act as if it's a shithole, and certainly it is for many (of the nearly 1,4 billion) people, but the fact is that China is being seen as a very profitable alternative for businesses and scientific research. It's a competitor that ought to be taken seriously, one that is rapidly seizing some of the monopolies that United States has traditionally possessed, for itself.

India also has a massive population, but they're not going to be in the position that China will be in, in the coming decades.

A part of China's capacity to grow further, is that they're willing to make the hard decisions that do not necessarily appeal to the popular sentiments of the people. Some of that is outright cruelty, perhaps, but some of what they do, is simply practical, taking into consideration their massive population.

How do we confront a rival that is willing to break all of the "moral rules" that the West has set, largely with its competitors in mind (as the truth is that it only initially achieved its dominant position by breaking all such moral rules in the first place)? There are no easy solutions to that. Undermining China and scoffing at the thought of China being able to determine anything, won't make them go away. They know, fully, that their lack of interest in subscribing to Western standards, is the only reason they can be its competitor, rather than its servant.

Power and influence is why "the West" has been capable of standing as a moral determinant for the rest of the world. A loss of that power and influence to the East, will lead to a concession of Western morality against the perceptions of the East.

Last edited:
Constantly undermining China's position is not really going to yield itself to any kind of a proper discussion.

You can act as if it's a shithole, and certainly it is for many (of the nearly 1,4 billion) people, but the fact is that China is being seen as a very profitable alternative for businesses and scientific research. It's a competitor that ought to be taken seriously, one that is rapidly seizing some of the monopolies that United States has traditionally possessed, for itself.

India also has a massive population, but they're not going to be in the position that China will be in, in the coming decades.

A part of China's capacity to grow further, is that they're willing to make the hard decisions that do not necessarily appeal to the popular sentiments of the people. Some of that is outright cruelty, perhaps, but some of what they do, is simply practical, taking into consideration their massive population.

How do we confront a rival that is willing to break all of the "moral rules" that the West has set, largely with its competitors in mind (as the truth is that it only initially achieved its position by breaking all such moral rules in the first place)? There are no easy solutions to that. Undermining China or scoffing at them, won't make them go away. They know, fully, that their lack of interest in subscribing to Western norms, is the only reason they can be its competitor, rather than its servant.

Power and influence is why "the West" has been capable of standing as a moral determinant for the rest of the world. A loss of that power and influence to the East, will lead to a concession of Western morality against the perceptions of the East.

I'm not undermining China's position. I think you're unreasonably extolling it and I'm putting it back into proper context.

I don't need to act as if it's a shithole. It is a shithole. Pointing to the relatively small portion of its population that does well does not mean the rest of the country should be disregarded. More importantly, if you're going to talk about the country and you want to ignore the parts that don't fit a predetermined narrative means that you're not going to know how to deal with them at all.

That's not undermining and it's not scoffing. It's being complete. They can choose to disregard Western norms and compete....but they're not. They're competing precisely because they've adopted Western norms.

And their growth is largely traceable to what I've already pointed out regarding population size and easily exploited human capital. The massive drop off in their birth rates and their already slowing annual GDP growth should be a decent sign that this story is not one of new lessons from a new player.

We should welcome them to the 1st world but that's about it.

this shitty subject again?

They probably don't care about diversity for the same reasons they don't care about intellectual property rights. Or the same reason they don't care about daughters. Or the same reason they don't care about educating their entire population to the same basic standards, leaving their rural children to struggle.

Who knows why they continuously make choices that screw over large parts of their population or disregard the rights of others.

I have to say, it's both hilarious and depressing watching you (and a few others) try to make sense of the absolute nonsense that is on this forum, and try to respond to things that are so scatterbrained and uninformed that they almost seem impossible to address.

%
Colonizing isn't integrating....
that's odd then, b/c those countries virtually all have 90%+ ethnic homogenic societies now.

I think living in the US causes one to underestimate what the rest of the world considers 'diverse'

Then you must have been using a different idea of "forcefully integrating" in your last post. Because colonizing is forceful integration at a very basic level. The colonized rarely offer up their nations and their leadership structure out of the good graces of their hearts.

It always strikes me as a false line. Going to someone's country and living in it, making decisions, intermarrying with the people, paying taxes into it's government. You can do it peacefully or you can do it with a sword or a gun but you're still doing the same thing.

And you're right that most of the world is still 85+% ethnically homogeneous, makes you wonder why some people are crying about the end of the ethnic populations as we know them. Seems very chicken little-ish to me.

hiya TSO,

all these Pho places opened up along Central Avenue, here in Charlotte.

life without Pho would be a bummer.

we all should be able to agree on that, no?

- IGIT
Tacos > pho-king crap

IThat's not undermining and it's not scoffing. It's being complete. They can choose to disregard Western norms and compete....but they're not. They're competing precisely because they've adopted Western norms.

If they adopted Western norms, they wouldn't be competitive for a second, and they know it. Respecting intellectual property, higher minimum wages, greater labour rights, etc. would emasculate them as a competitor.

As you say, easily exploitable human capital is why they're experiencing growth. Why would they forsake the one strength that they possess over the West? Just to satisfy the Western perception of morality? As I've said, they understand fully well that the West imposes standards upon others, largely to prevent anyone else from exploiting the same, not-so-humane measures that brought them to the dance, and enabled it to become the center of the world's trade.

Easily exploitable human capital is the only reason the West is where it is at, right now. And it will be the only reason the East may ever hope to challenge "us". The only difference is that we brought the exploitable human resources from elsewhere, and to a degree, still continue to.

Indeed, and they're starting to see the damage that is being done in countries that are infested with prigressive liberals. What country in their right mind would want to deal with all the social instability that progressive liberalism, mass immigration and multiculturalism brings?

Then you must have been using a different idea of "forcefully integrating" in your last post. Because colonizing is forceful integration at a very basic level. The colonized rarely offer up their nations and their leadership structure out of the good graces of their hearts.

It always strikes me as a false line. Going to someone's country and living in it, making decisions, intermarrying with the people, paying taxes into it's government. You can do it peacefully or you can do it with a sword or a gun but you're still doing the same thing.

And you're right that most of the world is still 85+% ethnically homogeneous, makes you wonder why some people are crying about the end of the ethnic populations as we know them. Seems very chicken little-ish to me.
all good points, my point about 'colonization' was mainly to show that since Imperialism is all but gone (perhaps the Chinese really being the only ones trying now? and even that's arguable, it's more FDI) most of the 'first world nations' effects have either dwindled or straight up left those regions (talking people, not infrastructure) look at Zimbabwe for a perfect example. None of those countries are even remotely integrated anymore.

Now we still have the opposite of that, which is why the UK has so many people from Pakistan/India, Hong Kong/China, etc...And then obviously all of Latin America is an ethnic result of this, but there aren't a whole lotta white Spaniards left hanging around, it's just resulted in a permanent new mestizo ethnic category if anything.

Since WWII however, there is literally zero concerted effort to integrate any of those countries, which is for obvious reasons. Why would anyone seriously WANT to move to Africa and deal w/ all it's problems? Same w/ most of Latin America, and most of Asia tbh. Western countries only go in to economically rape those regions, they have nothing to gain by moving there at this point....
edit: I negated the French and UK overseas territories when I said Imperialism has ended, my bad, as that can probably be seen as such by many.

Last edited:
hello and well met, Goater,

with the exception of our willingness to sort of accept white people as kindofalmostbutnotquite equals...my understanding of my fellow asians is that they are a pretty racist lot.

as far as multi-culturalism goes, and a nation's ability to absorb different nationalities and thrive, the United States really is the P4P king.

you could wait a century...or a millenium - you'll never see anyone with a name like "Obama" as President of China.

- IGIT

Yeah, the one nation in the world that has received far, far, far more immigrants than any other, that was built by immigrants and foreigners from the very beginning... is comparing itself to China, Japan and other countries that have been racially and even ethnically (yes, I know lines around what constitutes an ethnicity are very blurry) homogenous for 5,000+ years is pretty astounding.

You gotta wonder about the intelligence of people like this.

As it relates to diversity, the topic of this thread? Read through the thread and count them. There is a group of posters on this board that always seem to envy countries who do not allow "others" to immigrate, we see it in this thread with China and we've seen it in the past with people idealizing Japan.

Of course, these posters would not even be "Americans" if America did not allow immigration. But I'm sure they don't mean we shouldn't allow their families to come here, they mean other families.
Yup. The same kind of posters are not uncommon in Alt-Right and WNist circles. They extol the virtues of East Asians being racist and Muslims being domineering and intolerant to other cultures, and of Israel being very ethno-centric and tribal. They wish the West was like them, instead of giving in to Blacks, Natives, Gays, transgender, liberals etc..These are the kind of guys who want society to practice selfishness and social darwinism.

Yeah, the one nation in the world that has received far, far, far more immigrants than any other, that was built by immigrants and foreigners from the very beginning... is comparing itself to China, Japan and other countries that have been racially and even ethnically (yes, I know lines around what constitutes an ethnicity are very blurry) homogenous for 5,000+ years is pretty astounding.

You gotta wonder about the intelligence of people like this.

You gotta wonder about the intelligence of people that think cramming the entire world into one country is a good idea.

These are the kind of guys who want society to practice selfishness and social darwinism.

Or they just want to prevent, social tension, crime, decreases in wages, shitty working conditions, racism, brainwashing and loony leftism.

Indeed, and they're starting to see the damage that is being done in countries that are infested with prigressive liberals. What country in their right mind would want to deal with all the social instability that progressive liberalism, mass immigration and multiculturalism brings?

Yeah just look at those liberal Europeans. With there sky-high crime rates, nonfunctional healthcare, crumbling infrastructure, 30 million illegal immigrants, record high deficits, unaffordable education and a raging opioid epidemic and mass incarnations.
They are living on borrowed time unless they vote in a TV Show host that only won because the other party managed to run someone worse.

Yeah just look at those liberal Europeans. With there sky-high crime rates, nonfunctional healthcare, crumbling infrastructure, 30 million illegal immigrants, record high deficits, unaffordable education and a raging opioid epidemic and mass incarnations.
They are living on borrowed time unless they vote in a TV Show host that only won because the other party managed to run someone worse.

<JagsKiddingMe>

Leftist scum in Europe are responsible for the recent massacres, increases in crime by migrants, spreading of Islam and social instability.

Good job libs:

Or they just want to prevent, social tension, crime, decreases in wages, shitty working conditions, racism, brainwashing and loony leftism.
They don't want to prevent all that, they are just tribal and want to retain their own tribe's dominant position. Cause their thinking harks back to decades ago, to the sort of folks who supported going all over the world and encroaching on other peoples' land. If they were genuinely for preventing social tension and racism they would want to stay in their own patch of dirt and not go around imposing themselves on others.

If they adopted Western norms, they wouldn't be competitive for a second, and they know it. Respecting intellectual property, higher minimum wages, greater labour rights, etc. would emasculate them as a competitor.

As you say, easily exploitable human capital is why they're experiencing growth. Why would they forsake the one strength that they possess over the West? Just to satisfy the Western perception of morality? As I've said, they understand fully well that the West imposes standards upon others, largely to prevent anyone else from exploiting the same, not-so-humane measures that brought them to the dance, and enabled it to become the center of the world's trade.

Easily exploitable human capital is the only reason the West is where it is at, right now. And it will be the only reason the East may ever hope to challenge "us". The only difference is that we brought the exploitable human resources from elsewhere, and to a degree, still continue to.

First, the reason the West is where it's at right now because Western Europe blew itself into oblivion with 2 world wars and the country on the other side of the world with massive natural resources and no same continent competitors stepped in to restore order.

Also, it's not not-so-humane measures that brought China to the dance. It's the exact opposite. As they shifted to a more open and humane society both economically and socially, they grew to be an economic player.

And respecting intellectual property is being imposed upon them. Higher minimum wages and global wages are costing them their role in manufacturing. Greater labor rights are making them less competitive, to the point where they are now outsourcing as well. All of those things that would emasculate them as a competitor are already starting to do so. And they still haven't figured out how to educate most of their population to a basic standard.

So, it's a massively under-educated population driven by their ability to produce goods below Western costs of production in a world where automation is eroding their competitive advantage but they haven't properly transitioned into a service economy yet because they lag on the education side.

Coupled with their declining birth rates which are well below replacement rates and you can see why I don't think it makes much sense to look at China, the nation, as some paragon of tough future proofed decision making. They've basically been riding on the consumption power of this nation and without it, they don't have the base within their own borders to sustain their economic model. Sure, their rich are consuming more but looking primarily at them means overlooking a lot of other factors.

Now, that's not to say China is going to disappear off the world stage, that would be equally silly.

<JagsKiddingMe>

Leftist scum in Europe are responsible for the recent massacres, increases in crime by migrants, spreading of Islam and social instability.

Good job libs:

Yeah, that's what I mean look at Germany with its lowest crime rate in 25 years.
They are doomed. It is time we get someone like Trump. Because Merkel has not been sword dancing with the Saudis once. How can we make Germany great again if we don't put the Saudi's and Israel before the Fatherland?
Also, I don't like that we have no nepotism is Germany. Everyone knows nepotism is the glue that keeps a legit government functioning.

Back