Why do fighters use supplements?

Wariowokecancel

You can cancel but you can’t wake
@Gold
Reaction score
With USADA finding out that Brazilian pharmacies deliberately tainted their shit while promising to be pure and Barnett only got off because he kept a ridiculously strict regime - keeping samples ofrom every package he ever took, I got to ask why do fighters use supplements at all?

I can understand coffee, whey, creatine and basic vitamins. But I’ve got the feeling that outside of these basic supplements, anything that works would be banned and/or a drug.

Supplements are basically unregulated because they are not drugs. A drug qualifies as a drug because it has a direct medical effect on your body/health. Supplements are a type of food legally. At most they’re providing nutrients.

https://www.cancer.org/treatment/tr...cine/dietary-supplements/fda-regulations.html

A testosterone booster that actually boosts testosterone would be a drug.Shit that causes quick muscle growth would be a drug.

A supplement cannot be more effective than a basic type of food. You can’t get huge gains and shit.

Whey is a good way to get large amounts of protein without eating 12 chicken breasts a day. But it won’t make you huge without putting in the work at the gym. Unlike testosterone in increasing muscle which works without you even going to the gym.

https://www.muscleforlife.com/how-testosterone-levels-affect-muscle-growth-and-fat-loss/

You can use bullshit testosterone supplements which may give you say 5 on a scale of 200-1000 (range of men). If you want gain, you need to go BEYOND 1200-1300.

Seems to me that producers are taunting their bullshit supplements deliberately with shit that gives you a USADA fail because they know what they’re selling won’t work otherwise. Or they’re just fucking lazy which is also true because they’re snake oil salesmen. Supplements are snake oil.

So why do fighters buy shit which isn’t regulated by the FDA, risking their careers and reputations for bullshit?

FOR THE GAINS PORRA!

026_Paolo_Borrachinha.0.jpg

Maybe they buy unregulated shit to mask the fact that they are taking PEDs. Then when they get caught they simply blame the unregulated supplements for an easy get out. Pretty obvious I think.

Because they enhance performance?
<{fry}>
But I do agree that supplements are snake oil.
Very popular snake oil that everybody uses.

So they have something to try to blame it on when they get popped.

All that's really needed is supplements that help reduce soreness post workout, stuff that helps with recovery, and supplements that help keep your joints healthy.

Natural hormone manipulation can be done with moderate effectiveness without some garbage supplements that don't even work.

Supplements companies love to sell gimmicks

Maybe too many vital nutrients are consumed in the process of training like a pro athlete and they can't possibly get enough via food alone? I'm sure their nutrition requirements greatly exceed normal people's.

Maybe they buy unregulated shit to mask the fact that they are taking PEDs. Then when they get caught they simply blame the unregulated supplements for an easy get out. Pretty obvious I think.

But the unregulated batch has to actually contain the substance that they test positive for.

Why do Sherdoggers use hot pockets?

It's all about being the best you that you can be.

As far as i understand the categorization is based on the expected impact over the human health:
- supplements are basically products that are not expected to have big impact over human health in majority of cases. Here the control is very weak, since some of the claims are extremely hard and expensive to verify and in general the expectations are that these will not be harmful to users.
- over the counter drugs have predictable and well known effect and usage over large scale population and carry low risks for your health in case of improper usage. Again chemical composition control is required, since it is yet a drug
- prescription drugs are high impact drugs that needs to be used under medical supervision. Here the production regulations are much higher, since the drugs are expected to have certain chemical composition

However the reality is that there are some herbs that are highly effective and also there are drugs based of these herbs.. Such are testosterone precursors, such as TRIBULUS TERRESTRIS a bulgarian herb (which are USADA banned). These are herbs that increase own testosterone production. However these herbs are produced as both medicine (by Sopharma) and supplement (by some other companies), at least in bulgaria.
With supplements, the problem is that you have no idea what is inside the package, and no one cares to check in general, so if they are tainted with chemicals or simply a sham, you can not verify.

This is also true for many other supplements/vitamins. Even "Vitamin C" is available as both medicine and a supplement in the pharmacy.
There are certain companies that produce medical grade supplements, but they are much much more expensive and not highly available.

It should be known that in Olympic level testing is much more strict and there are no excuses for neither tainted supplements nor event tainted medicines!
For example i have never heard of barely any cases of diuretic caused bans in UFC (medicines used for weight cutting and masking steroid use).
Also have rarely heard any Olympic level athlete to have any negotiation discussion at all. They get banned.

UFC bans are pathetic in general...

So they can claim tainted supplements when their steroid cycles fuck up

99% of the time

I can understand coffee, whey, creatine and basic vitamins. But I’ve got the feeling that outside of these basic supplements, anything that works would be banned and/or a drug.

Creatine and whey powders are often tainted and basic vitamins will be in the food they are eating.
Only reason to take supplements is to enhance preformance and the best ways to do that are illegal. Best just to eat clean and train smart

The same reason they risk getting CTE.

TS doesnt lift.

Supplements are "supplementation". They stand in for nutrients you arent getting from your food.

If you don't get enough protien in your diet, you supplement. Not enough vitamin? supplement. Not enough steroids? Supplement.

like fad diets supplement companies make billions by using false advertising selling people a wet dream

Back