why do grown men like wrestling?

iu

It's an art, and a form of entertainment. The acting and attire are deliberately campy. And lol at someone on an mma board criticizing the level of athleticism in pro wrestling.

Also, for people who were fans as kids, it's interesting to learn about the dark underworld that occurs behind the curtain in wrestling.

Well said

Pro wrestling is for real men. MMA is for closet homosexuals. Modern WWE is for gross fat hogs.

I started watching late 70's. It was a lot different then and changed so much over the years. I only watch the older stuff from the 70's and 80's and some 90's on Youtube and other sites, as I grew up with it or read about it in ..........magazines. For a number of years I'd get 3 and 4 magazines a month for years.

@KOskater I agree with you on all your points about the current era of PW. I wouldn't start watching the current product unless I was a small kid. Even with the current product there are a few wrestlers to watch ( Brock). Between the presentation and quality of man that wrestlers attract to be wrestlers nowadays, it is 95% awful. This will not change overnight.

I think you pretty much have to grow up with it in order to get it. If you didn't care for it as a kid, you're not going to as an adult.

I'm mostly in it for the pageantry. Can't be beat in terms of pageantry, even by dedicated pageants.

Back