Why do HWs have such better chins than smaller guys?

What.jpg

A smaller man simply could not take punches from a HW. A HW could take shots from a smaller man all day long.

The craniums are the same size; everyones got the same brain size. A neck muscle really doesn't get THAT much stronger as you get bigger. A HWs punching power is going to be like 5 times stronger than a LW but just the neck muscle isn't that much stronger.

Why can HWs take so much harder shots?

I think it's just an internalized frame of mind. If a LW really had the internal confidence that he COULD take HW shots then I think he could. If a HW thought that he was as weak as a LW, he'd go down to those shots too.

Your assumptions are just plain wrong sorry.

Neck muscles get proportionally larger and stronger of course.
The entire body also acts to reinforce the durability of the head. More force required from a smaller person to hurt a larger person.
Bones are also proportionally a bit larger even in the head....jaw bones...cranium, are often a bit larger.

I'm a very busy person and didn't read but i'm pretty sure that one of you respectable collegue sherdoggers answered "because they doon't get punchhed my flyweights"!

You're wrong about the neck thing, for one. Those muscles absolutely absorb impact, and a larger man will have much stronger neck muscles. Secondly, a knockout is from the rapid acceleration of the jaw being moved; the speed of it being accelerated by a hit will rattle the brain, causing a minor concussion and subsequent loss of consciousness. It's why dudes get knocked out easier when they are moving into the strike, since the angular acceleration and rotation of the head and jaw is even faster.

Think of it this way; a smaller fighter punches faster in most cases, but doesn't have as much mass and strength propelling that mass behind their punch. If they hit a larger fighter, the sheer mass of the larger fighter, mixed with their stronger musculature and body mechanics, will slow down the punch of the fighter with less mass and force at the moment of impact, and thus the acceleration of the jaw caused by the strike is significantly reduced.

A larger fighter generally punches much slower, but the mass and strength behind their punch will not lose anywhere near as much speed and force, since the mass and strength pushing that mass are much heavier and stronger, and thus the acceleration of the jaw on impact ends up being much more than a smaller guy hitting a larger guy.

There are a few other variables you can throw in when it comes to body mechanics and frame. For one, larger-framed guys tend to have thicker bone mass and stronger ligaments due to carrying more weight around and lifting more weight during training which strengthens them, and the strength and weight of the bones and ligaments also aids in slowing down the acceleration via punch. Being knocked out a bunch weakens those bones and ligaments and you end up with a big guy who gets knocked out a lot, like Overeem. Overeem is another good example of a disproportionate body frame; he has a tiny little pinhead on Superman's body, and thus his head doesn't soften blows or spread the impact through the skull as much as a guy like Mark Hunt, who has a massive, thick skull, proportionate body frame, and is known for taking tremendous punches like they were nothing. Here's a comparison:
OvereemHunt001Dream5.jpg
Fedor has a peahead as well and his chin is solid

I think it's just an internalized frame of mind. If a LW really had the internal confidence that he COULD take HW shots then I think he could. If a HW thought that he was as weak as a LW, he'd go down to those shots too.

<LucyBless>

Chin is a social construct, it is psychological. In true warfare weight does not matter, a warrior like Platinum Mike Perry could easily hang in there with someone like Overeem solely based on heart and black belt hands
Nope

A smaller man simply could not take punches from a HW. A HW could take shots from a smaller man all day long.

The craniums are the same size; everyones got the same brain size. A neck muscle really doesn't get THAT much stronger as you get bigger. A HWs punching power is going to be like 5 times stronger than a LW but just the neck muscle isn't that much stronger.

What??? That's where you first went wrong first of all

What??? That's where you first went wrong first of all
The craniums are absolutely the same size. Carwins brain is just as big as Mighty Mouses brain. Of course Carwin has a bigger jaw, nose, eyes, etc.

The craniums are the same size; [Nope: Bigger men have bigger heads.] everyones got the same brain size. A neck muscle really doesn't get THAT much stronger as you get bigger. A HWs punching power is going to be like 5 times stronger than a LW but just the neck muscle isn't that much stronger.

The craniums are absolutely the same size. Carwins brain is just as big as Mighty Mouses brain. Of course Carwin has a bigger jaw, nose, eyes, etc.

You're wrong. Larger people have larger heads and that generally means larger brains.

"For example, when you compare brain size, you really have to compare brain size relative to body mass. It's not reasonable to expect a 5'1", 100-pound woman to have the same size brain as a 6'6", 280-pound man. You have to ask the question: Is this person's brain larger or smaller than you might expect, given his or her body mass?"

http://sciencenetlinks.com/science-news/science-updates/big-heads/

All the big and muscular, very fat dudes have more hit points according to all the video games like double dragon, streets of rage and final fight.

So it must be like that irl.

You're wrong. Larger people have larger heads and that generally means larger brains.

"For example, when you compare brain size, you really have to compare brain size relative to body mass. It's not reasonable to expect a 5'1", 100-pound woman to have the same size brain as a 6'6", 280-pound man. You have to ask the question: Is this person's brain larger or smaller than you might expect, given his or her body mass?"

http://sciencenetlinks.com/science-news/science-updates/big-heads/
You're right but the difference in size is miniscule a women can have a 21 inch head and a 6"2 male can have a 23 inch head (which is a L- XL hat) so the difference is tiny considering the overall mass there would be a bigger difference in wrist size than head size

I can't tell you the right answer TS, but sure as fuck it's not because of internal confidence.

Its proven that stronger scalene muscles help prevent knockouts.

Considering most HW's get KO'd I'm not sure sure what you're basing this HW's have better chins argument on

Back