Why do Muay Thai fan bois always go to kickboxing videos to spit some hate?

PERFECT KICKBOXING

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Of all martial arts fan bois the Muay Thai fan bois are the most annoying when a Thai loses. Most of the videos in kickboxing rules they always say spit the most stupid hate. I almost never see a bjj fan boi go to mma fights and say that the organizatin sucks and everyone sucks, because they don't follow bjj rules.

Why is that?

latest

Some people are biased towards what they practice either from being indoctrinated into that culture or from their limited experiences outside of what they know. At least in the U.S. what is promoted through MMA seems to be the most respectable forms of practice to the public. The "fan bois" you have come across are probably accustomed to being involved in what many have unrightfully deemed the "superior style".

Many that I have come across have not actually given an honest effort to participate in the style they adamantly promote let alone participated in multiple styles with legitimate credentials. They usually follow suit with what they see or know. That is just human nature at large of wanting to be included.....you ever heard the term "sheeple"? Instead of being open minded they'll defend (often viciously) what they believe to be true even if shown evidence to the contrary.

Personally, I have decided to take on Shotokan Karate. This comes after being involved in wrestling, formal boxing (structured---at a legit boxing gym), judo, bjj, sparred with MT practitioners etc. One of the many things I like about Shotokan is that it takes me out of my sporting box that I was in. I am approaching it with an open mind. I've learned to be open minded in recent years. They are open minded towards me as well, and since I have fight experience they do not try to take that from me but try to add onto what I already have.

It can be bothersome the way the styles are often so divided, and pitted against each other. Your body only moves so many ways so almost every style has some form of crossover. I hope you run across some more well mannered people.

Are you talking about YouTube comments or here? If the former why are you posting this here?

This kind of thing happens for all combat sports...

LOL welcome to the internet, people on youtube comments hate on A LOT of things.

Of all martial arts fan bois the Muay Thai fan bois are the most annoying when a Thai loses. Most of the videos in kickboxing rules they always say spit the most stupid hate. I almost never see a bjj fan boi go to mma fights and say that the organizatin sucks and everyone sucks, because they don't follow bjj rules.

Why is that?

Youtube like any other social media platforms has its share of idiots.

Because Youtube comment section is pure cancer?

Some people are biased towards what they practice either from being indoctrinated into that culture or from their limited experiences outside of what they know. At least in the U.S. what is promoted through MMA seems to be the most respectable forms of practice to the public. The "fan bois" you have come across are probably accustomed to being involved in what many have unrightfully deemed the "superior style".

Many that I have come across have not actually given an honest effort to participate in the style they adamantly promote let alone participated in multiple styles with legitimate credentials. They usually follow suit with what they see or know. That is just human nature at large of wanting to be included.....you ever heard the term "sheeple"? Instead of being open minded they'll defend (often viciously) what they believe to be true even if shown evidence to the contrary.

Personally, I have decided to take on Shotokan Karate. This comes after being involved in wrestling, formal boxing (structured---at a legit boxing gym), judo, bjj, sparred with MT practitioners etc. One of the many things I like about Shotokan is that it takes me out of my sporting box that I was in. I am approaching it with an open mind. I've learned to be open minded in recent years. They are open minded towards me as well, and since I have fight experience they do not try to take that from me but try to add onto what I already have.

It can be bothersome the way the styles are often so divided, and pitted against each other. Your body only moves so many ways so almost every style has some form of crossover. I hope you run across some more well mannered people.

Good post, you nailed it ! And glad to hear that you're training in Shotokan. Being a long time Kajukenbo practitioner, I definitely agree that TMA's can add to your arsenal and to improve yourself overall.

These "fan bois" you speak of exist in all walks of life - my car is superior, my motorcycle, my this, my that is superior. Just like you say, they are more fans of something and not necessarily an owner or practitioner of what they are hyping. They need to shut up and have a more open mind that other arts, or fighting styles, can be just as effective or have something that what they preach does not offer.

Good post, you nailed it ! And glad to hear that you're training in Shotokan. Being a long time Kajukenbo practitioner, I definitely agree that TMA's can add to your arsenal and to improve yourself overall.

These "fan bois" you speak of exist in all walks of life - my car is superior, my motorcycle, my this, my that is superior. Just like you say, they are more fans of something and not necessarily an owner or practitioner of what they are hyping. They need to shut up and have a more open mind that other arts, or fighting styles, can be just as effective or have something that what they preach does not offer.

I agree 100%, and thanks lol I'm enjoying Shotokan so far.

Are you talking about YouTube comments or here? If the former why are you posting this here?

This kind of thing happens for all combat sports...

Mainly YouTube which I have seen for a long many years and a few days ago before sleeping I decided to watch Ozcan vs. Khamal again. From that video I went to some others where it was kickboxing fights and the opponents were Thai. Again the cmment section was like this:

''when you realize you are fighting under sissy ‘dutch’ kickboxing glory rules''
''Who would take " Glory" with this kind of freaky rules seriously? Except those "locals".''
''more thais in glory! less stupid rules!''
''sweeps should be points! that guy kept falling''

Way more like this, because it was a long night and not going through all videos I saw. This specific night I saw it at a lot of different vids and was really annoying.

By the way it's kinda ironic you ask why I post this here if you look at the title of this sub forum and the title of this post...

Because he's trying to get a rise out of people

Nope.

Back